Intertechnic Logistics

• Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great place to work!

Featured review

Intertechnic Logistics selected this as a representative review
Each day is different and if you enjoy problem solving this is the job for you! work can be up and down through the year due to demand but if you are sensible and work hard during the busy times you wont need to work as much during the quiet times. The office people are great and always helpful. Any problems you've got and they try to work around it. Some long days, some short days but ultimately it all evens out. All in all a great company with great rates that other plater companies do not offer. Definitely worth getting in with them.

Pros

good money, well respected

Cons

long hours sometimes

Previous employee

I worked for this company and felt let down promised the earth let down, It was as if Stevie wonder was doing the planning.And when you ring the usual answer was " what do you expect us to do.

Pros

Nice cars sometimes

Cons

Long hours poor pay

A great introduction to trade plate driving

I worked for Intertechnic Logistics for about 1 year. Great on-the-job training, with an experienced plater.I enjoyed the variety of working in different parts of the UK and driving different types of vehicles.Often long hours being on my own but I enjoyed 'being my own boss'.Early starts are essential to ensure that you complete the day's work and it really helps to plan your next day in detail, in order to avoid surprises.

Pros

Driving all over the UK in varied types of vehicles

Motorway life

If you enjoy a different kind of life this is for you ,every day is different,you can be in Scotland one day and Plymouth the next ,you get to drive top of the range cars and old vans ,so interesting work ,some early starts some late finishes

Pros

cracking cars

Cons

some public transport

Impressed

This is my first trade plate job as worked in another industry for 30 years.Intertechnic trained me up making sure I understood the job, expectancy on commitment and the pros and cons.Been with them for over a year and pleased to be.Great support from co-ordinators and planners

Pros

Good pay, professional, support

Cons

None if you love driving

Happy to drive

Leave home early but that’s the job.Lots of freedom travelling across country in all types of new and used vehiclesPublic transport in between jobs with minibuses and other driver helping sometimes.Liked working on own most of time even with lonnng daysGood office supportWork hard, collect and deliver on time in good condition you get paid well and have office respect.Worked for 4 other plating companies before moving here. Well worth it overall

Pros

Variety of new and used cars& vans to move. See the country and get paid ok for it

Cons

When cars breakdown and getting stuck on Motorway lol

Top 5 company

After working for the county’s biggest car auction house for 3 years, it was relief to find a company that treated you like a person and not a number. Fair treatment, fair pay and no quibble over public transport expenses.Better than most firms out there.Pleased I made the move.

Pros

Paid what due on time. Full expense costs paid. Support from office when needed.

Don’t!

Intertechnic used to have a very good reputation, and rightfully so. The pay was fair, minimal public transport between jobs and even minibus transport between jobs. It was fairly normal to see £400 a week, leaving home at 6am (often later) and returning home at around 5pm.However…It’s very common to only deliver one or two vehicles a day - £20-£40 is quite a realistic figure more often than not. There is no way anybody can survive on such meagre pay. Often you claim more in PT than actual “wages”.To be fair, the staff are pretty decent and usually try to help where possible.Advice to management? We are the face of your business and we at least deserve a day rate if work is dry.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Long hours for little pay

All talk

I worked for a week with a lot of promises after working for Bca for a year they still haven’t paid me and love to abandon drivers and are rude would of thought they would be nice for at least first month wanted me to go Exeter in the afternoon where there was no public transport to get where I needed to be and left me for two days with no work and 3 weeks later still no pay small fry company trying to make it with false promises avoid at all cost

Pros

Cons

14+ hours with not even 60 pounds pay ridiculous

For trade platers it's better than most.

For trade platers it's better than most. Trade plating is not a job for the faint hearted.Trade plating is not a job for someone who likes to drive fast. Trade plating is still a great job though.

Pros

Travel all over the UK, Drive all different types of cars and vans

Cons

Your day can fall apart at any minute and potentially leave you stranded.

Fair & Professional Trade Plate Company

I had experienced a variety of Trade Plate Companies prior to working at Intertechnic. I spoke to many current drivers and their feedback was good, so when I joined, they met met my expectations. If you are professional, dedicated, reliable and an early starter, you pretty much get left alone except when you need to work with other drivers to make your day easier in between jobs. All jobs for the next day are posted to the company tablet the day before to enable planning. Days can be long, especially if something went wrong with the vehicle, but that's the job, so you take it in your stride. I was always paid on time and what I was due, including PT travel costs. I moved back to my previous profession but if I ever wanted to Trade Plate again, it would be with these guys.

Pros

Good rates of pay, paid on time, freedom, variety of vehicles to deliver, office support when needed without having to wait hours for response!

On my own

I worked for this company for a week, started off ok . But then I had a spend 5 and and half hoursOn public transport. I call them and explained this is inexcusable amount of travel on public transport. As you don’t earn any wages while travelling. I also picked an old van up that wouldNot start so got the van started and when I put fuel in it would not start again someone helped me in the petrol station. Got it home and was taking the van to Exeter in the morning. They told me if it would not stay call the AA . At 5.00 am and wait for them to come out . DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS OUTFIT FIT . Also I had no drive but it did not bother them

Pros

Cons

Old vehicles to move

Bad company

Promise you loads at the start, busy for a couple of weeks then there is days where they will drop one car off that you collected the day before and then collect the next days car not even earning £50. They get rid of drivers who question the work volume or because they dont want to work specific days (even tho you can choose when you work as you are self employed)

Pros

Different cars or vans to drive

Cons

Have to get away from middle of nowhere

Freedom to get on

Having had office based jobs previously, being out and about up and down the country was fantastic. The freedom to roam this country in a truck delivering new vehicles to customers was a breath of fresh air.

Good place to work from begining

Learn a lot from this company. Possible to have promotions from manager if you work hard enough. Good working hours. Possible overtime. all types of cars

Long hours but can make £500pw when busy

Delivering and collecting cars throughout the UK completing customer handovers. At times (currently) work dries up and you're stood down. During this time you aren't reassured via the office work will or when it will pick back up. At this time you don't get paid either. When the work is busy it's good, days are long but the money in turn gets better and better earning around £450-£550 plus expenses.

Pros

Flexble, good money when busy good planning

Cons

No set hours or jobs per week, quiet periods

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intertechnic Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9