Intertrain

Intertrain Employee Reviews

I recently applied for the Get On Track programme at Intertrain in Doncaster. I immediately received a sponsor company before I started my training course. I then started working on track as a railway operative within 3 weeks of receiving my track competencies. The process is easy and the work is difficult but also enjoyable if you like working as part of a team.
hardworking keeps you fit pays above average but depends on the sub contractors company, get to meet new people bad point have to travel everywhere at early hours don't forget your payslips to be signed off or your working for free
Pros
decent money
Cons
traveling early hours back breaking work
I recently underwent railway training at the Doncaster centre under their “Get on Track” programme. The customer service team who I arranged the package with were great with constant help, advice and reassurance. Trainers were really polite and welcoming as I was nervous to attend. Smooth training with good detail and a lot of knowledge and confidence building. Now I work on track just in time for Christmas!
every day was different, you would never know what you would walk into. challenging and rewarding - great people that also work there - fun office all around!
Pros
free parking
Cons
Such a great company with great management and staff. Everyone is kind and helpful. Family commitments are recognised and work commitments are amended to suit you and family needs. Only reason job security scored a one was due to being made redundant.
Pros
Flexible, Approachable Management and Staff
Cons
Workload exceeds work hours therefore work at home out of hours is required
I worked for Intertrain from 2012 to 2013 as a training co-ordinator and have an absolute admiration for everything they have achieved. At the time they were dusting off the old school cobwebs and just starting to branch out into Apprenticeships and OLEC, so to see what they have become in a relatively short space of time is incredible. The Operations Director is largely to credit for this, his drive has been outstanding and a real credit the company. The trainers have excellent knowledge and previous experience and provide a personal touch to the training by drawing from their own experiences. The support staff are hard working and dedicated to the company. I would 100% recommend Intertrain both as a service provider and an employer.
Cons
Working at Intertrain has been a great experience. The wealth of knowledge here is astounding and all members of staff aim to build good relationships which creates a great work atmosphere. One of the best companies I have worked for.
Entertrain helped me a lot through my career as railway engineer. i am grateful for them i am where i am because of them. the only bad thing i didn't like about them was when they got redundant , everyone went everywhere
Intertrain is a great company to work for, i have great memories from working there.
During my time at this Apprenticeship I completed modules that covered many aspects of the railway and railway maintenance. This course covered Ballast, Formation and Drainage, Track construction, components and geometry, tools and equipment and mechanised maintenance. I thoroughly enjoyed this apprenticeship and I feel it provided me with the solid base to the beginning of my engineering career.
Pros
Team work and Activities
Cons
Poor pay and didnt help with future employment
  1. Employee reviews