Ipsos MORI

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Competitive workplace

Very flexible, can book and change shifts whenever you want. Very competitive atmosphere and you have to be good at rejection handling. Good pay, can wear pyjamas whilst working.

Good training and ongoing support.

Excellent pay rates, very flexible hours and days. Interesting and varied work. First class training and support. Able to take holidays anytime, days off at short notice no problem.

Pros

Very flexible.

Cons

Working in all weather.

flexible work

Flexible work shifts to fit around your life which is great, and you can work from the comfort of your own home.

Is what it is

Easyish work when you start out. Progression means more work and not well compensated Management are helpful. Nice people you work with and good for people skills

Pros

Good people

Cons

Bad pay when progressing

Great job for older workers

Working on a major survey related to Covid, we are provided with great protocols to keep everyone safe, plenty PPE and luckily good managers. On this survey there is a daily rate and generally you get all the days you want, but you work very long days often and its impossible to plan life outside of work. If this doesnt phase you, if you can get yourself organised and like meeting new people and helping them to complete swab and blood samples, then its a great job. If you need to know you will be home for the kids, then it will be difficult. A lot of last minute changes get thrown at us, but thats the job, so if you dont do change, keep walking. If you feel a pride in your own work and understand what is expected of you, its actually an enjoyable survey. But there are mainstream projects where it is pretty much outside your control how much you earn, if no one does a survey... you dont get paid, so do your research and you should be fine, The salary is based on the Covid survey not mainstream work.

Pros

Great for self starters; meet amazing people; doing your bit in the fight back against Covid

Cons

Long hours some days; needs an organised mind which some doing the job dont have;

Flexible work at a cost

Good for extra bit of regular money, although the rate is very poor. Its flexible and can work from home. But you will need to maintain strike rate otherwise you will not be offered shifts, once that happens its hard to get back on rota again. Targets achievable on some projects, totally unrealistic on others. Some of the surveys are so poorly constructed but you have to follow the script either way. After a while the nature of job becomes soul destroying, you need thick skin and positive attitude. Most of the supervisors are ok but there are a few with a power trip who are extremely rude. Overall, short term income fix, but not a long term job at all. The ease of getting the job tells the story really, the staff churn is high.

Pros

Flexible, varied shifts, work from home

Cons

Poor pay rate, poor training, unrealistic targets

Fun and exciting

My listening and communication skills has improved. Getting people to agree to take part in a survey is definately the toughest part of the job as a telephone interviewer.

No security

No contract, no respect from management and the supervisor are people who are inexperienced who get the position if they lick the managers backsides.

Pros

Cons

No future or contract

Not a bad place to work

Ipsos is one of the better research companies out there. The pays not bad, they're transparent. If you work hard and get your strike rate, you're guaranteed shifts, if the work's there. Good for students and people looking to make some extra money.

Fun place to work

Staff is really nice and helpful you cant feeling alone while in fields as staff is available to help you and you never feel that you working alone in any situations

Flexible shifts

I like that I can change the days I work from week to week, it is perfect for students. The work is pretty easy and I enjoy the different topics I've worked on so far. Targets are pretty achievable. I am working with an agency since October 2020.

Pros

Flexible hours, work from home, bonus pay on some projects

Cons

Low pay

Not a good place to work

No proper training given they just expect you to know everything, they only allows you to work 25 hours per week even though during the interview process they said it was possible to work 40 hours per week. The little training we got was rushed and muddled, and the two trainers were arguing

Pros

Cons

Phoning

Good company to work for

Good company to work for, no problems at all, supervisors are helpful and training good I enjoy the interviewing of the great British public.........

Pros

In the comfort of your own home, do as much or little hours as you want to

Cons

Casual work, not guaranteed shifts each week

The most best Marketing Research Company

Reading reviews on the Edinburgh office i asked myself ' how could this be the same company?' I started working for the Belfast office just 2 weeks before Xmas 2020 and love the company. My role is conducting telephone interviews( surveys) and so far there's been 3 different projects. I work with a lovely group of people , the managers and supervisors are very supportive. My personal mindset with a job is to give 100% - this attitude leads to greater job satisfaction ! You need to enjoy talking with the general public, handling rejection and being fast on the buzzer. You have the flexibility to choose own hours and option to work evenings and weekends. Not sure what promotion progress is like as i am only 2 months at the company but i def would love to have future opportunities and stay with IPSOS Mori.

Pros

Flex hours, home work, lovely co-workers &supervisiors & managers

Cons

zero hour contracts and sometimes no work if project has to halt for a while

Not great

95% of management and supervisors are rude and make staff feel like children. Constant eyes on you, reminding you that you have 5 minutes left on your break etc. During this covid time, temperatures should be taken at the door when entering for your shift, however sometimes this can be taken 2 hours into your shift! Supervisors enforce the 2m distancing rule, when it suits them. It is clear that they enforce it upon the staff they aren’t keen on (even when they haven’t even got to know you). They will happily walk along brushing shoulders chatting to other staff they obviously like. Supervisors will also take over calls at your desk, without cleaning before and after use. But staff must do that. FAR to many double standards! Safety of staff isn’t taken seriously. Current government rules is that 6 people in a break room at one time, sometimes this room is so crammed so you can’t even hear yourself think! Atmosphere is tense and a gossip driven environment.Takes a series strain on the mental health to complete a shift! Positive is that the shifts are flexible so you can work when you want. Probably the only positive. Certainly not a career. More of a pit stop between work!!

Ipsos mori

Great company to work for. Very friendly staff and a good work balance. Easy to book and change shifts and also very flexible if you need a different start or finish time.

Pros

Working from home & Flexible.

Cons

No set minimum hours a week so you never know if you will have enough hours to work every week.

Only work here as a last resort

Ipsos MORI is a good place to work between jobs just to earn a bit of extra money, and incredibly flexible with hours. However, the work itself is pretty soul destroying, plus the atmosphere is pretty competitive as every person is trying to get the most interviews they can in one shift. Most of the time getting surveys is sheer luck but management and those around you make it sound like it's all in the introduction.

Pros

Decent pay, flexible hours

Cons

Stressful, competitive, management are bullies.

Pleasant office environment

Telephone interviewing does not really suit me as I am not particularly naturally sociable. Although I have good communicative skills and speak several languages, I am not a natural conversationalist, and using a telephone is an un natural task for me. I was therefore not really suited to the work I undertook at IPSOSmori.

Toxic Culture and Bad Management

Bad Management, Toxic Micromanagement Culture. Operations in Particular. A lot of blame game and strange employee lay offs with no explanation which makes job security very unsettling . Progression is also pretty non existent.

Waste of time

Never even got the chance to work, as after going through assessment days, the recruitment process, filling in sheets and purchasing the equipment I needed (headset and phone). The day of my first shift, not only did I not get sent my log-in details but also got a phone call and was told since I am at school I cannot work. Stress over nothing, the communication is awful, don't get sent anything on time, spent so long filling in forms etc. Complete waste of time, do not recommend at all.

overworked and underpaid

overworked and underpaid and underappreciated. people are nice but the workload is too much, I work 9-10 hours a day and weekends. They don't pay well either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ipsos MORI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9