Iqarus

Iqarus Employee Reviews

A company that is definitely reactive and not proactive. An occupational health company whom shockingly do not consider staffs wellbeing and mental health priority. In experienced managers with little or no people management skills. They only ever give negative feedback and never give positive feedback. Lack of training and support is a major factor. Staff support each other which is the only good factor. A real upstairs / downstairs atmosphere.
Pros
Immediate colleagues support each other
Cons
Awful management structure.
This is a terrible company to work for. ... you need to check your payslip every month as they constantly underpay you. Your personal life is not even a consideration and you are expected to drop all personal time without consideration if you are even consulted. The management are incompetent, some are not medically trained or have not done a day offshore and cannot relate to anything you tell them and look for opportunities to blame staff for incidents offshore. The rest once again will intentionally deceive you or not consider your family priorities. There is no career progression or salary increases ever. In actual fact my salary decreased during time spent there.There was no positives from working for this company apart from making other companies more attractive.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Dealing with office staff.
The high turnover of staff certainly indicates what a terrible workplace Iqarus is. Management are the most unprofessional I've encountered ..nurses are not adequately trained for the role but then chastised in the most passive aggressive ways imaginable. Bullying is rife...staff are in tears on a daily basis here. Inconsistent pay points for nurses and absolutely no opportunity for career progression. This company cares only about money and supply their clients with a warm body rather than a trained professional which is verging on fraudulent. It's no wonder Iqarus are losing contracts left, right and centre. Nurses should think seriously about applying for a job here...most leave within the year due to the atrocious work conditions and terrible pay. This is not a nice place to work and if your face doesn't fit management will give you the silent treatment or will work hard to make you feel you can no longer endure such an unpleasant work environment. The worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
There's a car park
Cons
Passive aggressive and bullying middle management.
Probably the worst contractor in offshore oil and gas. If for some reason you are considering working for this organisation you will be one of the lowest paid individuals on the platform or installation . Pension worth pennies and and zero career development. While the NHS may be stressful at least you’ll be clinically current. In addition they rely on military CMTs who are unemployable elsewhere to keep the wages low. Iqarus management have been escorted out of two operators offices after learning they had lost the contract they spat out the dummy and security was called. Avoid
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Too many to list, fantasist senior managers
I work as an offshore medic for the company and they are the worst company I have worked for. Our wages have been cut so much that it isn't worth being offshore anymore, we can't leave as they have bought almost every medical agency! We are expected to do 1-2 week courses with no pay. Management are awful, moral in the medical sector is at an all time low. If you are thinking of working offshore please avoid this company.
Pros
Cons
management
For an occupational health company they take poor care of their own staff’s wellbeing. Asked for help in working around my health problems and was refused it. Was then fired after my health led me into hospital. The management only care about numbers and targets. Staff are just replaceable items to them.
Pros
Colleagues below management were great to work with
Cons
Management are drones without compassion or human emotion.
Good, Wonderful and exciting. I had a very good time. Great workers. Happy people. Growth in career. Good Life. Happy work hours. Excellent salaries
My job revolves around the day to day running of major oil and gas contracts. I ensure the work we are doing is compliant with their contracts and identify opportunities for growth. However most of my day is actually spent dealing with client invoices. My co-workers are very good and makes the office bearable however the management are very cloak and dagger. They offer little support and feels like they do whatever they can to make you feel unwanted and poor at your job. This has created a very negative environment to work it. The best part of the job is the co-workers and some of our clients are very nice to work with.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Iqarus?
  1. Employee reviews