irwell valley homes

irwell valley homes: 6 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews

2.8Pay & benefits

Agile working and flexible

Changed alot in the past few years, alot of good staff have left and jobs don't seem to be secure. Not many opportunities to progress and all dependant on if your face fits.

Pros

Agile working

Cons

Low salary

Customer service does not exist

Poor customer services leaving tenants with poor properties often damp and mouldy and it’s very hit and miss whether repairs ever get done , repairs technicians of all trades are lazy and do the minimum and rarely raise follow on works correctly, often not doing anything at all leaving tenants frustrated at the extremely poor service they receive , their managers don’t seem to care and either think this is ok or simply cannot be bothered to manage properly , the repairs team needs big changes to get customer service where it needs to be, many new starters leave when they realise how bad the repairs team is and many tenants deserve much better.

Insights into irwell valley homes

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

I love working somewhere where I know I can make a difference.

Irwell Valley is a great place to work. I have worked here for 4 years now. They have an agile culture, encourage innovation and development and trust you to get the job done. The management is great and they are always encouraging you to go the next step and develop your career. The organisation is going in the right direction and I am excited for the future here.

Pros

Great benefits, agile working, welcoming and friendly colleagues

Great place to work collaborative teamwork across the organisation. New people quickly become part of the team Great opportunities to learn and grow!

I am in a role that allows me the freedom to use my own initiative without being micro managed. I am supported from the top down and feel appreciated for the work I do. Irwell Valley has the best interest of its customers at the heart of everything we do and in order to do this it has a range of great benefits for the colleagues to support them in their work and home life balance. The ability to work agile enabled us all to continue to work and support each other during the pandemic, whilst keeping in regular contact with our customers. Colleagues have a voice to question, challenge and suggest changes or improvements through the Colleague Forum.

Pros

Great supportive colleagues, Agile working with full kit, local 'hubs' to work from when out and about, great staff benefits package Inc. your your Birthday off and Perkbox, Medicash and more

Clicky culture with no integrity

Company is good if your face fits with management and the clicky crowd. Decisions made without clear thinking leaving departments in disarray and experience hard working staff leaving. Pretends to be inclusive and welcoming of diversity, this starts and stops at the pictures on their website and information newsletters to the tenants and customers, just a ticking box exercise. More recognition if you volunteer than doing your role and going above and beyond. Shame some compromise their morals to be part of the condescending culture.

Pros

Remote working/nice offices

Cons

Bad Management

Unorganised and mis manageded

Very poor place to work. They have to structure, no training and support/development for new starters. Managers are chose at random based on likability. From my my experience They did have the relevant qualities or knowledge to lead or advise. Ethnic minorities are not made to feel welcome at all. Any reports of bullying or racism or brushed under the carpet

Pros

Nice office. Remote work.

Cons

Not professional. No structure. Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at irwell valley homes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

irwell valley homes reviews by location

Learn about irwell valley homes in popular locations

• irwell valley homes
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?