Isle of Man Government

Isle of Man Government Employee Reviews

United Kingdom3 reviews

Productive and challenging

A typical day usually starts at 8.00am. I report to the office and then organise my work for the day. I may need to stay late to finish a job when required. Each day I build on previous learnt experience to carry out my work. Work place culture is unsettled at present because of major reorganisation and retirements. The most enjoyable part of my job is solving the problems arising whilst interacting with people I like and the public. The hardest part of the job is getting through the work load during busy periods when we are short staffed.

Pros

Pension

Cons

Insecurity

Little Peer Group & Management Support

High levels of complex caseload, little support from Management who get same from Senior Mangement. I enjoyed living on island but would not return to work for Government Social Services Department, far too many Locum Social Workers.

Pros

Island Life Style

Cons

Little Support

Insights into Isle of Man Government

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Busy workplace lots of job satisfaction

No such thing as a typical day when working with people with dementia, I learned patience is a great attribute to have also understanding and communication is paramount, work as a small team of four as any more would be too confusing for our service users, hardest part of the job is the nature of the illness the most enjoyable part of the job is all of it, A sense of humor and always wearing a smile is very important, speaking directly to the person and not at them very important and being able to listen and understand their frustrations, go in as a carer and come out as a friend

Pros

Petrol allowance

Cons

when taking out socializing it can become very costly going out to eat a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Isle of Man Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Isle of Man Government with

Isle of Man Government reviews by location

• Isle of Man Government
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?