ISS Facility Services

United Kingdom1,416 reviews

Found 1,416 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,373 reviews
cleaningwagesitecleanercontractwhilstcleanstaff

Interesting place to work

Good working conditions. Fair pay. Opportunities to advance in your career. And lots of opportunities and support if you are planning on moving up the ladder

Bad management

Don't work for iss the management are rude no training they just show up show we're things are and leave plus the ignore any messages you send plus don't answer the phone never pay you correctly they miss hrs from every payslip

Insights into ISS Facility Services

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

All spectacle & no substance

Work is demanding, no consideration from management, no appreciation either. Badly organised. Lack of accurate information & communication. They penny pinch on things that would improve work life but spend money on vanity projects. Health & safety at my office was non existent. Massive disparity in salaries & opportunuties. Absolute shambles of a company that focuses on profit margins & neglects people

Pros

Work collegues are pleasant

Cons

Culture of fear of higher management. You can easily be over worked & underpaid

Nightmare

Absolutely terrible company the managers don’t appreciate the workers, only interested in the contracts, you could be treated badly by the clients and nothing is ever done about it, absolutely terrible company

Cons

Anything but pleasant place to work.

Not all the correct tools are at our disposal. A constant drive for us to do more. Not all their policies are adhered to. MAS's are not respected by ISS hierarchy. No possibility of career progression unless you know someone up the chain. Stay away, you don't you will regret, there are a lot better places to work.

Not a great place

Management is not good at all. They don’t have a clue what they’re doing and they refuse to employ new staff, but constantly get annual leave forms declined because they need more staff to cover. Its a bad company and managers speak to people like something on the bottom of their shoe. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Would not recommend.

Because of poor pay and working conditions causing constant understaffing the workload is then passed on to the remaining workers, increasing stress levels on already the lowest possible pay they can get away with. You can almost never take annual leave when you want it, and it's never agreed to nor preapproved online in the new 'easy' booking system they implemented (despite it being exactly how it's meant to work), again because of the shortstaffing (it is a service providing company), immediate supervisors do care but are powerless to do much, they're in the same overworked underpaid boat. Upper levels of management have absolutely no understanding of what it is like to work on the floor in the conditions they are causing, neither are they that interested because targets must be met! When I first started working here this was a well paid and good job to have with a caring environment, but these days.. best avoided.

Pros

Cons

Micromanaging

Shockingly bad managment

Has potential to be good facility's company but would need sweeping changes. The sort of company that grovel too much to there clients. Especially when the contract is due. Badly in need of new managment.

I wouldn’t.

When i first started the company was very short staffed and still is, put me on a ward by myself after 2 days of shadowing when 6 weeks of training is meant to be done. So unorganised, get no support. Don’t feel appreciated AT ALL, still make you come in if you are physically SICK. Supervisors just sit and watch you struggle, ask you to do things when they can do it themselves (just lazy). The job itself isn’t that bad but the lack of support and feeling so unappreciated makes it horrible.

Rubbish

I would not recommend working for this company.it has been a really bad experience for myself.no support from your manager or company.you never get paid overtime and your expected to be available for work for up to 16 hours.I was told I’d receive money i paid for car parks but have never received anything.they don’t pay their cleaning staff properly and if there wages are wrong they are expected to wait 2 weeks to receive it.it’s a terrible company to work for and I’d advise to find alternatives employment

Not what was expected in interview

Told one thing in an interview then changed when starting working for them . Be wary about what you get told . Overall I’ve worked twice for the company first time no issues but second time lots of issues

Only 1 year

I only worked for ISS for a year. But I did enjoy the job and it was not too difficult. Just about the right amount of training so you understood how when and where to use the simple colour coded chemical system. I like that I was left alone to do my job.

Pros

Was part time

Cons

A picky boss.

Awful

Not a bad place to work. Management are awful, however the other operatives are lovely. Supervises and managers need a good look at themselves. My opinion, I would avoid.

Reasonable company

Certainly not the worst company to work for. As long as you preform at whatever level you are within the company advancement is always available and encouraged.

Pros

No pressure

Cons

Poor company vehiclr

busy place

busy from the minute you start,you could be moving patients to other wards/deceased patients to mortuary,putting lots of stock away,helping an elderly patient/visitor to walk to the car..etc etc

Pros

great colleagues

Cons

shifts 24/7

Productive and fun workplace

Excellent company with great room for progression. The management team are very approachable and will accommodate any request where possible. There is also great collaboration between all service providers and a great sense of us all being one team.

Fun when it’s fun

Nice job when they leave you to get on with your work. Track every move you make and lots of box ticking but once you know how to play it it’s a nice number.

Pros

Travel a lot

Cons

Box Ticking

Disrespectful and rude supervisors

They do not respect their employees in this company. They do not only underpay but they are being rude and bossy. Instead of enjoying the time you work there, they make you very depressed. Supervisors are not supposed to order you around like you are their servant, they are supposed to be on your side and support you. This has been the worst experience for me and I would recommend for you to stay away from this company. Very unprofessional managers. I just feel relieved leaving this company! I wish I could give specific names, because this might not be the case for everyone.

Underpaid

They underpay staff and make it very hard to contact the relevant people. Say they will pay next month but they underpay again and money owed ads up and up.

Pros

Easy employment process

Cons

Low / short pay

Not fun.

People who are running this company have no respect for workers, they don’t know how to manage work places and overusing people instead of hire more workers, blaming workers for their own mistakes , managers are bully’s and mean, they are just random people from the street which have no idea about team work . There is never a full 5 days at work we’re we are fully staffed. 3 or 4 days out of the week are always short staff they expect you to kill yourself doing 3 peoples jobs when there is only 2 of you. They don’t have cover staff if anyone goes on Annul leave or if someone calls in sick. The job makes you very depressed. the worst company to work for in the UK in my opinion. That’s why I am on Indeed to find a new job. And better pay.

Stressful, and overworked

Poor Quality Management and People and Culture Management. Onlycare about Profit Making. Lack of Support dealing with unruly staff members within a Team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ISS Facility Services with

Learn about ISS Facility Services in popular locations

• ISS Facility Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?