ITS

ITS Employee Reviews

Gives and Takes

You'll get friends and experience out of this company but if you aren't willing to burn your colleagues you'll stagnate. Hours are odd and it's not spread across the company evenly. Positives are that the pay is good and the people you'll be working with in the sales office are genuine and honest people.

Pros

Colleagues

Not for me

Didn’t get on with the management. Sold a dream in the interview. Mangers very up themselves. Would not recommend if you want to have a healthy work relationship

plenty of autonomy

More or less able to mould your buying categories into any shape you like. Freedom to come up with promotions, bring new ranges in and new suppliers. Manly domestic sourcing.

Avoid

Management stuck in the dark ages. Total lack of consideration for staff medical conditions. Be prepared to be taken on a ride before you get your deserved salary. Minimal progression available within the company. No sick pay, wage paid by the day.

Pros

Nice office

Cons

easy work for decent pay

ITS where very helpful with finding jobs for me and payed better than other agency's. However they include holiday pay in in wage as temp which is unnecessary.

Pros

good pay

Cons

only 1 kind of job

Not a Company i liked to work for

This is the typical company which endorses the activity on made calls and not on the content or result of good relationships. The workplace culture is disrupted and micromanaged.

Pros

not that much

Cons

micromanagement

Lagan is a good company to work for

The company looks after its employees and has a range of benefits which enhance the basic salary. Hours and work life balance are dictated by the project but the management take an enlightened and practical view.

Pros

Well Managed

busy

A typical day involved checking that the prices of all the stock on the shop floor matched the prices that were going through the tills, this was an interesting job and at times busy and frustrating.

Interesting work

Production Engineering, process evaluation and control. JIS, procurement, estimates. Quite an enjoyable place to work, although now stuck in the dark ages and refuse to be pushed forward, very frustrating at times!

Great atmosphere due to collegue characters

Great place to work which was due to the professionalism of colleagues. The draw back about the company was the lack of communication from management regarding employee progress and personal development, which was a common thought and opinion of ALL other staff. ALL staff were totally professional in the their work ethic and their quality of deliverable, which made it a pleasurable place to work.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Frustrating lack of communication from management

Working long hours and commission pay. Visiting houses trying to persuade them to get free wall insulation. The hardest part of the job is going to various location is the hot weather and working long hours.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Long Hours

A great first job and a good atmosphere

ITS has shown me what hard work is all about. The atmosphere and people I work with is mostly positive and happy, even though the day does drag. We all share a fair bit of banter which helps the time go faster. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the delivery lorry turns up, it means that you've nearly completed the day, plus its always nice to see the driver and have a chat. I've learnt to hit deadlines and work fast while being at ITS, we get given targets by management to do everyday, and the more you work the better bonus you will receive. It keeps everyone on there toes. Working part-time in a warehouse has its hardships like heavy lifting of various tools and protective items like van vaults, but on the other hand when it comes to picking screws and tape measures you cant get any better!

Pros

Split breaks

Cons

Heavy lifting

Its a great place to work.

I love to drive the forklifts and working in a team friendly enviorment. I move stock around the ware house with a pump truck.

Pros

great teamwork

Summer job

ITS is a travel agency. There I had a lot of fun and met people from different countries. With some of them I am still a friend. My job their was to pick up the tourists from the airport and to ride them to the hotels. As their guide, I was responsible for them during their stay in Bulgaria. The day after they have arrived, we were having a meeting at the hotels, where I told them about Bulgaria ( about our unforgettable and centuries history, our incredible nature etc) and offered our excursions. I love working with different people, so I have only a good memories. Unfortunately, was only for the summers.

It was work experience through school

Filing, telephone skills. emailing companies. I spent most of my days there filing, answering the phone and emailing ITS users during my work experience. i enjoyed all my three weeks that i worked there.

Good company

New Business Development Manager - Europe • Establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies in France, Benelux and Switzerland • Identifying and developing prospective new Channel Partners (Manufacturers such as Xerox, Ricoh or Konica Minolta, and Local Value Added Resellers) Training sales staff of the Channel Partners Being in charge of the first-line support Finding new direct customers • Maintaining high activity rate principally through proactive telephonic contacts and online meetings Participating in international trade fairs • Achieving sales target: 516,000 euro in 2011

Na

Fast paced and very busy environment but a great place to learn and a fun bunch of people to work with.

A typical day

In a typical day i would start the day by stocking the toilet rolls and handwash in the toilets and make sure there were no bins over flowing. I would then clean houses out were other trades had been working, whilst stacking pallets and keeping the site clean and tidy to ensure the smooth running of the site. at the end of the day i would have to make sure all security fences were secure and no body could get in to the site. the most enjoyable part of the day was keeping the stores tidy and to make sure everything was accessable for all the different trades.

Cons

last person left on the site.

Comfortable and helpful workplace

I study my Diploma and BTEC in Health and Social care at ITS.They are a company which made me feel comfortable and at home. Their staff are down to earth and very approachable,They have always done their best to help me when I have needed it and I enjoy my days in the centre.

Pros

free lunch for learners.

Work review.

A typical day would be get to work at 8:30, set up refreshments and work places for students by 9:30, then do some paperwork about various things e.g. NVQ action plans, student attendance, support needs etc. At 10am I would go downstairs and help the tutor support students until 1pm, I would then take my lunch hour an repeat this process until 5:30pm for the afternoon class.

Pros

work satisfaction, helping students.

Cons

low pay