itsu

Insights into itsu

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great place

Featured review

itsu selected this as a representative review
It’s as a great place to work with and a lot of opportunities, everyone very well trained, great fair wages for staff, I would highly recommend this job for family or friends.

Very disappointed

After 3 years , I just can tell you that if you want to grow ...you will need to work lots of hours for free. Let’s not speak about the manager, the worst person that I ever meet in my life, sitting just in the office, doing nothing, same times just disappearing in the lunchtime, no support, working under staff and with a lot of pressure. Very very very disappointed!

Management and Work load

Honestly when I started this job it was amazing I loved it, everything was well managed along with a great team. Now it’s just horrible I cannot stand being in the shop anymore but I need to pay my bills until I get a new job. First of all the management is horrible they literally don’t care but pretend to when their job’s on the line, there’s less and less staff leaving the leaders to do everything and that leaves us very exhausted, doing a 9 hour shift for five days straight plus doing the things TMs do then your TLs duties if you don’t get sick then you’re superhuman, I’ve also had enough of OPs managers they are horrible like almost inhumane they do not care about what happens to people in the shops, and don’t ever complain to them they won’t turn a blind eye. I just want to say this company isn’t what many people may think it is, it just draws you in because of the good pay rate but gets worst when you start working there, leaders are overworked, TMs aren’t enough and management is garbage.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hours, poor management

The managers expect you to work like a machine

+ dealing with people+improve your communication skills+improve your leadership skills+make new friends-Team Leader rule is fake, you don’t get paid for overtime and the managers blame you for silly thing.-you only get 100-150 more than Team members a month which is not worth it.-Your hard work is not appreciated by the managers they will always find something to blame you. -The bonus is not guaranteed, and the company cut the team members budget which means you have less people working for the company, which cause a pressure on the team.Closing the FOH is not easy especially with the staff shortage.

Great Place, Always Opportunities to Grow

Working for itsu the latest 7 months has been fantastic, I left my job to work here and it’s the best thing I did. The Whole Team is amazing including the mangers! I actually enjoy going to work. Working here makes you feel part of a “little family” cheesy as it sounds! I’d recommend working for itsu to anyone as you get looked after you have opportunity to grow within the business. (Rice , Hot , Box , Maki, Fish and Foh) they also have promotional opportunities to gain extra £ if you work hard! Hours are great, they love you to enjoy work and home life so the try give you the hours you want and need. Itsu also make learning FUN not boring sat in an office they use an app it’s fun and obviously hands on training!

Pros

Great Team, Good Managers, Free Meal, Good Pay, Good Opportunities

I would maybe reccomend

I work here for 6 years now (with a break of a year).In the beginning i just loved it,felt cared for,appreciated.I really miss the good old days!After the break with the COVID everything changed.It's just really pressing now.Everything.My general manager are trying her best and she is doing really well but the rest of the managment...i can't even.Sometimes they are so unprofessional,i am shocked.Calling you to work even when you are sick,always complaining,gossiping.The leaders are trying their best too but you can tell it's too much for them too.Just everybody in general is tired.Nobody even wants to participate to staff meetings anymore.The monthly salary for the leaders is just bad.Always working for free,so many extra hours worked and not paid.Some staff gives so much without getting even recognition in return.I could go on and on about this but nobody would care anyway.I am dissapoited with where this company ended up now.Pros : paid breaks/kind of enough hours/food is good/some of the staff are niceCons : unappreciated/nothing is ever good enough/last minute rota/tasks are not spread equally

Good

Fun staff, but can be stressful

Fun staff, but can be stressful; vey quick turnaround of productivity. Good food discount and food quality. Lots of cleaning, high levels of hygiene .

Great food and colleagues, HORRIBLE managers and poor training

Off the bat, 0 training. Rude managers, overworked.Main problem are the managers 100% I had no training at all from the start i got thrown into the job and had to figure my way through the job on my own

Pros

free lunch and work flexibility

Cons

long hours, horrible managers, no safety training, no training at all

pretty good

Very strict with the health and safety which is good. A lot of cleaning but the training is good. you don't get a bonus if 1 person in your store messes up so can create a bad attitude between staff.

Don't recommend

All itsu shops seem the same but it also depends on the manager in the shop.I was working there for almost 4 years and I couldn't do it any longer, the environment is horrible and stressful. after they change the contract for Team Leaders you get feeling like it's done on purpose so people will work for free (because they don't get paid by hours), if there is lack of people its not possible to finish on time and you won't be able to get this hour back later (even in contract say that if you need to do extra hours it is without extra pay).Rota sometimes is ready 2 weeks before and sometimes 2 days before, and even then they can change it and they may not even ask you if you can do a different shift, they don't care if you have plans already or not.OPS management is some kind of joke, they do not care about people and if you are not 'friends' they may not help you.Audits- all the health and safety rules are some kind of joke, almost no one is following them on daily basis, rules usually are in use when the audit is coming.So overall if you don't want to have problems with your physical or mental health just find another place to work.

Pros

free food

Cons

lack of support, pressure from management

Multi skill, pace and energy

Itsu is multicultural family and you can grow from top to the bottom even you have previously experience working in kitchen. If you are able working in stressful environment and have good eye for spotting tiny details is perfect job for you.

Pros

Free lunch, discounts and parties

Cons

Work in stressful environment

Boring but good pay

Great pay plus istu weekly which is great when you have bills to pay However the Job was really boring. Time does go fast though. The Jon was really easy just boring

Ambiente lavorativo armonioso se hai la fortuna di entrare in un team collaborativo, buono se in cerca di un lavoro temporaneo, max 6/8 mesi

Tutto sommato training iniziale, orari e mansioni sono buoni. I problemi arrivano quando manager capricciosi decidono di cambiare quasi tutto lo staff. Allora lasci o chiedi transfert perché non avrai vita facile. Se il rapporto con i tuoi manager è buono ( cioè fai tutte le ore e cose che chiedono) allora puoi anche raggiungere un buon equilibrio tra lavoro e vita privata. Se in cerca di promozioni, prepararsi a lunghi turni, tante responsabilità, pagati poco e con tante promesse che spesso non vengono compiute. A waste of time in my opinion... Consigliato solo se per qualche mese. Non lasciarsi confondere da specchietti per le allodole!!

Pros

Ottimo cibo, ambiente multiculturale, divertimento se team giusto

Cons

Salario basso, poor management, tendenza a creare molta competizione

Great experience

Great experience with all the team, apart from the OPS which are fake and don’t respect me and my team .Salary not enough and most if the team working understaff due of very low budget

Pros

Good team working

Cons

Salary

A disaster

Itsu is a place where your mental health get lost. Stressful and without support from anyone. Kitchen Managers and Assistant Managers are working a lot, doing extra hours for the same money. Now they imposed to all Team Leaders to change type of contract jumping from hourly pay to salary, which it means the same situation as the managers (working for free). All of these without a choice. They said to accept it or step back becoming a team member again or quit the company.

Poor communication

Received a call about a km/hc job role. Was told I’d made it through to a zoom call interview because of the current times. Was looking forward to this but then it wasn’t arranged and after id asked and was told I’ll arrange by Wednesday I didn’t hear anything. Honestly is everything and doing recruiting via texts lacks the personal touch and professionalism. Poor first experience to what seemed to be a great company.

Hard work

Terrible management, managers without any connection with the team. Not fair salary and bonus. Not good environment at all. The food is great high quality of higiene.

Pros

Good food

Great place

Been in itsu for some years and have been able to progress very well, like many of my colleagues.It can be fast paced and hard work but it is also great fun to work there; amazing people and culture.

Pros

Culture, benefits, social events, progression

Cons

none really

Exhausting

From shifts that are starting at 6 a.m. to running around without having a break for at least 6 hours, I don't recommend this job as it makes you physically exhausted. If you have a strong body and don't mind if you're not using your brain, I'd say is it fine

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Long and exhausting shifts

Creative and fun

I had a great time working hard to learn something new every day . I worked with people from all around the word as a family and all the challenges helped me to grow .

Pros

Free delicious lunches

Cons

Lake of flexibility and poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at itsu. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare itsu with

• itsu
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?