ITV
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

ITV Employee Reviews

United Kingdom77 reviews

careerlongfunofficeexperienceculturefriendlyteam

Pay good shifts awful, management poor.

ITV are good payers but the shifts were very hard, very early starts and late finishes on different days. Management did not care about keeping staff happy.

Staff are very unhappy

I was so excited to join ITV, anyone would be.What a horrendous experience from the start. The resources/ talent / recruitment team or whatever they call themselves feel totally disconnected from the actual department or business area you are joining. Poor outdated IT systems let this company down. It has a very outdated onboarding system that quite frankly is laughable and very off putting for young fresh talent like myself. Other companies are fully digital and on their game. ITV didn’t make me feel special or individual when joining. After a few months, I decided to go to a more up to date digital firm that values their employees and actually knows who they are!You might be tempted to work here because of the brand name but honestly AVOID. It’s stale out of date and old fashioned management really are out of touch with modern thinking young companies that embrace young people and change.I think they’re a confused company, they make some great shows but that’s ITV Studios… ITV doesn’t know what it’s is!

Insights into ITV

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Excellent

Great place to work - working practices was excellent and compliance was top n point - staff was always friendly and polite and always willing to help no matter what the task was.Keep up the good work .

Poor wages and no internal progression

I've worked at ITV for coming up to 5 years and in this time it's been incredibly difficult to progress and feel valued.They're a very outdated company who are not digitally minded and struggle with progressing the talent across the company. Generally the people are fantastic but in management positions are filled with old fashioned old minded people who have worked at the company for far too long - so they don't embrace culture, equality and talent. Of course 'ITV' does... but the culture of the management often here does not.Outdated IT systems across the business, no UK IT support and basically people who don't "work in telly" work at ITV. It's a real shame. I'm being positive and looking for other opportunities. The company lost its way and is struggling to actually know who it is. They're not embracing change and lack getting younger talent into the business.

Its tv

Overall a great place to work... people are lovely and its has a really good work-life balance.The only disappointment is that you don't really get to go to much shows etc..

supportive but hard work

very fasted paced with some BIG characters. management really supportive though. system seems outdated. really good team morale. nice office and facilities.

First class Newsdesk, excellent correspondents, ambitious bulletin producers

Working for itv News at a regional or network level is a fantastic opportunity. The news service is a success because of the hard work of those at the news coalface, day-in, day-out, bringing in terrific stories, telling them with great creativity and originality, putting the viewer at the heart of the programme rundown.

Pros

Great team culture, high quality output

Cons

Injection of fresh blood needed at highest level of News HQ management

Productive, Fun place to work

Challenging and fast paced but fun, lots of opportunities to grow and plenty of additional events to network. Excellent learning tools and support provided.

Lovely to be appreciated

It was a lovely start back into show business after 21 years in a different profession, and I felt very encouraged and included in the team. Thank you for a very positive experience.The Mud was the hardest part of the job, the acting comes naturally now after all the life experiences I have had. The training I had as a child at stage schools made me feel like I was just getting back on the horse again.

Pros

Joining a team of lovely professionals.

Cons

Mud on the first day.

Fun

A fun place to work, lots of great programmes made here. I think its central London location is excellent and the canteen is amazing/ I always found the people very friendly

Brilliant place to work, lots of fun, staff really friendly and helpful. Great environment, decent salary with benefits and a very suitable location..

Excellent

- Excellent Feedback from department heads - Good and friendly colleagues keen to help your development and career - A good company culture that encourages success

Enjoyable

Enjoyable but not much progression. There are good perks and a typical day involves calls emails and meetings. Good work place culture and a place you can actually make friends

Fun and creative workplace

I loved working at ITV, I was passionate about the programmes so it was a great job for me. Was busy but varied so I was never bored. The culture was good, everyone was nice to work with.

Pros

Lots of treats and a lovely office

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Great experience working on great shows

Great team, great content. Such a variety of projects to work on! The company is so big that there isn't a unified goal. Senior management need to listen to their employees.

Pros

Content

Cons

Unflexible

Work experience

It was a very good job to work and I learn a lot of things I was only there for two weeks because it was Work experience, I had a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend to do your work experience there or try and find a job there

good

Its a good company and a fun place to work. They provide lots of opportunities, work experience and apprenticeships for different people at different levels of experience

Excelleant work

A yearly evaluation is the perfect time to set clear goals for your professional development. For example, if you want to progress to a higher level, you will need to take on extra tasks and prove that you have what it takes. Through the two-way discussion with your manager, you’ll be able to identify and set clear goals for the following year. It will also give you something to base your progress on, which will help when it comes to the following year’s review.

Excellent Work Experience

The choreographers and other staff at ITV were friendly and committed and made the dancers feel welcome. We were paid for travel as well as the job itself and fed delicious meals every day.

Fun place to work, good entry level benefits

Fun place to work, good entry level benefits and exposure to a vibrant business. basic salary and advancement were an issue for many, so turnover was high

Pros

lots of work evenbts to attend

Cons

salary

Good

Great place to work. Great management. Good career progression. Friendly environment. No work politics. Every day is interesting. Reall enjoyed working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITV. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare ITV with

Learn about ITV in popular locations

• ITV