IVC Evidensia
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

IVC Evidensia Employee Reviews

United Kingdom179 reviews

Great team

I love my team. Pay is not great but Company are improving in terms of benefits & pay.On site management not great. Not willing to listen and address issues.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Staffing & rota issues

Stressful with little support.

Very stressful. Higher management just brush off issues and dont listen. Work life balance poor. More concerned with being the biggest group instead of bulding Practices they already have.

Insights into IVC Evidensia

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Bad management

Management are unsupportive, don’t even know your name, talk down to you and don’t understand what goes on downstairs and the limitations and issues that are being dealt with every single day

Sadly gone downhill

I've worked at the company for a long time, since starting it has increased in size tenfold, and expanded from the UK, all across Europe and even now Canada. However, in that time there has been a steady decline in the work environment, in particular management. The turnover of staff has increased year on year unsurprisingly. The company seems extremely fractured, whether that be between staff at head office and those in practice, or between countries and other sub-companies in the group. I used to love my job but now I just try to tolerate it.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Management, Company Goals

Stressful Culture and rude management

No work life balance, no agreed principles and patterns, just undue pressure to complete things. Employees find support on papers only. IVC needs to llisten and learn a lot

Work politics, Bad Management

Unfortunately the management in the Department let the company down.No career progression. Poor communication. Inexperienced and unqualified management running the department. Career progression in the department only available if you’re on the good side with the management. A clique mentality. Well-being and flexibility are not available so I would avoid this organisation/ department if you can. Work load is extremely high and Management tend to bully individuals, adding to the stress on the job. Shunned upon if you provide any constructive feedback, which is unfortunate as there’s not much you can do to help if it doesn’t align with the vision of the management. Management scrambling to keep people from leaving the organisation, failing to realise that it is their own behaviour that’s causing people to leave the organisation. The blame for the downfall of many areas of the department is placed everywhere else but towards management.

Love my job!

Great company with great people who really want to see you succeed! As hard as it can be some times, I am very lucky to work with such a great team around me.

Pros

Salary, development, encouragement, flexibility, people

No work life balance

You are Just a number to this company not a valued employee. No work life balance . You are Expected to do work with little or no support. Shame because the team were great.

Good place to work. Great culture and team is nice to work with. Nice company benefits and working environment. Fast expanding business meaning plenty of opportunities

Bullying culture

Clinical staff are just left to drown. Management don’t communicate. They are more managers than people on the ground. Your just a worthless number. No support. No work life balance.

Pros

Cons

Bullying

Poor pay

An awful lot of work for minimal pay. Stressful environment but most clients and pets were lovely. Always short staffed, low moral in the work place so quite a significant staff turnover. Full of empty promises. If the practice had been fully staffed it would have been a joy.

Pros

Pets.

Cons

Understaffed and stressful.

Stressful but rewarding

Love the practice but think ivc could do more to help with the current issues in the vet world. Job can be highly stressful at times and get a fair bit of abuse from customers

Pros

Discount on pet care

Cons

Risk of burnout

Profit driven and uninterested in employee wellbeing

IVC treated me extremely badly during covid lockdowns even though I am covid vulnerable. Protection measured offered were laughable and risk assessments were another joke. As for pay, i was promised verbally a salary and job title at interview but that was not what was offered in my contract. When questioned I was told i must have misunderstood but by then i had already left my previous job and needed to accept this one.I was repeatedly pressured to work more hours and under immense stress about profit margins. There is a culture of trying to push for more and more sales, especially pet food and unnecessary diagnostics.

Very poor discriminatory practice management poor standards

The practice I worked at had very poor practice management who did not care for customers or staff. Knowledge in respect of how to support staff in relation to illness mental health or any internal issues was non existant. Within under a 6 month period over 5 receptionists had left, several vets and several nurses.

Cons

Practice management Toxic work environment Support Training

Amazing team, stressful fast paced job.

As above, worked with an amazing veterinary team, some days I loved the job, but very busy and increasingly overbooked especially after lockdown. This is most likely due to a huge increase in people buying pets. The best practice team I have worked with, but the job itself was just too much stress - never seemed to be enough staff for the sheer amount of clients and pets that needed us.

Pros

Amazing friendly and caring team

Cons

Very stressful, fast paced, often work past end of shift for no extra pay.

No room for progression and poor practice management

My overall experience at IVC was poor, when addressing concerns with management I was not taken seriously and lost faith in the company when my formal complaint was never followed up. I left due to workplace bullying, when nothing changed despite raising concerns for 8 weeks. The nursing team and reception were lovely and head nurse very supportive, but that is the only positive I have.

Cons

Bad work like balance Poor pay for area of living

Fast-paced career in a growth oriented, acquisitive business.

It's a lovely company to work for, whose heart is firmly in the right place. I've really enjoyed my time here. However, there is a slight issue with inexperienced management and baked-in inefficiencies from the meteoric growth the company has experienced. It's definitely a place to come if you want to take on a challenge, and are looking to advance your career.

Pros

Lovely culture

High growth, fast paced

If you are a contractor you are treated very differently to permanent employeesVery young unexperienced managersIf you face fits, you will do very well

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn

Cons

Politics

Teams on the ground are great, support lacking from management above practice level

Lots of initiatives but a bit out of touch with reality of life in practice at the moment. Trying to get permission to increase clinical staff’s salaries just up to industry average took years.They buy up lots of new practices and give them full refits etc but long-standing practices have to fight tooth and nail for even the smallest bit of new equipment.

Pros

Great team at practice level

Cons

Lack of investment in existing practices

Poor management - but guess this varies between practices/areas

Became a typical corporate practice after a few years.Both practice management and local area management very poor and unhelpful.Unfair differences in salary between staff doing the same job role with similar responsibilities.Felt bullied into leaving by management. Raised lots of concerns in my exit interview only for it to be a waste of time and not followed up.

Pros

Struggling to think of any pros.. the team used to be good before everyone slowly left.

Cons

Staff are seen as easily replaceable and not valued.

Its like marmite you either love it or hate it

Not a company I would recommend to anyone unless you are really experienced in the field you are applying for and are able to find your way around yourself when you start. But ask yourself the question is the pay really worth it as its not as great as they blag it to be. They hire anyone no matter what experience you may have, this isn't really a positive as the people you may work with have no idea what they're doing or will cause you to fall behind on your work. Unfortunately they struggle to find quality workers due to their pay scale, some jobs they would pay really well for but others they don't pay very well or pay below the competition rate. Not 100% sure about the benefit system as no one has ever showed me and anyone you ask is as clueless as you.Resourcing is only a fraction of the issues working here, their systems are really out of date and have a lot of downtime. The downtime isn't great as they expect you to keep on top of everything even of the systems are down. Sometimes they can be really hard to work with as you're not able to get reports on all the basic information like the number of invoices awaiting to be processed. They've tried to bring in new systems but they don't work as the work volume is too big. This is why they're chucking more bodies rather than investing in new systems.The job work-life balance depends on several factors like what role you're applying for, what department you're working in and whether you are managing people or a project. Most roles have a decent work-life balance where you'll start and finish the time you were contracted -

Pros

People, Hybrid Working, Vet Discounts

Cons

Poor Management, Long Hours, Little Training, Inexperience Workers, Low Pay, Office Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IVC Evidensia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement