IVC Evidensia

IVC Evidensia Employee Reviews

Featured review
IVC Evidensia selected this as a representative review
As a veterinary surgeon with management responsibility it is refreshing in this industry to feel supported rather than targeted. Sufficient data is provided to help me manage, but I don't feel like anyone tells me what to do. There are always people to help and encourage but as CD the final decision rests with me and my local team. Clinical freedom exists strongly, although increasingly education is available on best practice to help guide us. There is marked variety between IVC practices although many of us are starting to work together locally to support each other rather than always compete
We work as a close team which helps us all through tough and stressful times. Reception and nursing staff are brilliant and well trained. There is an ethos of learning and support within the complete team. Whilst we work for a corporate, most decisions are taken locally, they are more support in the background. There is clinical freedom and a great attitude to CPD.
Pros
A great team of people
Cons
Long hours and on call
Too much work for such little pay. The workload became unmanageable and when raised with senior staff, it was not listened to. Their solution was to essentially make us work harder throughout the month so our month end process was easier. No......we were understaffed and overworked. It became very obvious that they care more about profits than they do their staff.The progession within the company is also pretty much non-exist despite their false promises. Very easy to get stuck in a role where the work is monotonous. My advice is to approach with caution - it suffices for short term, but not for long term
Pros
They do offer some good entry level roles if you're looking to enter into finance. Other than that, there isn't much more i can say about pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, unspoken expectation to work all the hours under the sun (obviously unpaid!), very little support from management, zero progression, profits go before people
IVC seem to be able to retain the individuality of a veterinary practice whilst improving many of the "backstage" aspects. I am pleased with how they have treated our staff, and with the CPD offered to the whole team.
Pros
Good holiday and perks
Always short staffed and a stressful place to work. IVC head office do not care about you so it is lucky if you have a decent line manager. If you don't then you get zero support from anyone. I spoke to head office and it was a complete waste of time. This practice used to be a good place to work but for the past 3 years the staff turnover has been so high that I cannot keep up with who is leaving or starting. Avoid!
Pros
Animals
Cons
Bad management, staff do not feel appreciated
Management are terrible. Pay is nothing compared to the work they expect you to do with little support. No job security and certainly no progression.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, low pay, no progression
Management do not care about staff. They give you more and more work until you cannot cope and then complain that you are not meeting targets. This practice was a good place to work when it was independent but for the last 3 years of IVC ownership it has been an awful place to work. You are just a number and rarely get any praise or encouragement.Staff are constantly leaving and going to independent practices where they feel valued and report a better working environment. Always short staffed and you often feel that you are not giving the patients enough care and attention so you leave work feeling you have not done a good job. Lots of staff go off sick with stress due to the toxic environment.Work/life balance is poor as you often have to leave late as not enough staff around. Pay is also very poor for nurses and admin staff.Management do not listen to staff and IVC head office are not interested as they are too busy themselves. Staff members who have left all report that they feel so much better not working there anymore.I would never work at an IVC practice again.
Pros
The animals
Cons
Poor management, low pay and stressful environment
Great local team with clinical freedom and high standards of client and patient care. Good opportunities for development and progression.Everyone from Head Office is genuinely supportive, understanding and caring.
Pros
Rewarding work
I enjoy working at IVC Evidensia in clinical practice. Locally, I have a good relationship with my team and we are able to make decisions on a local level. In terms of head office, IVC have a good workplace culture and do come across as caring and considerate but also sensible and realistic. It is easy to form good relationships with people in this company and there is good job stability.
Pros
Positive workplace culture
Cons
Since our practice joined IVC, we haven't looked back. We continue to make local clinical decisions and provide the great, friendly and valued service for our clients and patients that we have always done, but now with added support behind the scenes. There are huge benefits from being able to collaborate with our colleagues from other practices, picking up tips and learning from each other as we go. Added to that, the HR and management support in dealing with the minefield created by Coronavirus has been invaluable and means that at practice level we have continued to be able to put our focus on patient care.
Pros
Maintaining clinical freedom
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IVC Evidensia?
From the first day of working for IVC I could tell that I had made the right choice for my career. They are very supportive and always encourage progression which is lacking in many other companies.
This is a very fast growing organisation. It is now controlled by equity investors who place share value and growth of the company higher than employee satisfaction. As a result of the managements' attempts to achieve its goals there is often panic and drastic measures introduced seemingly on a weekly basis. There are a lot of highly motivated young people working at IVC and I think depending on which department you are working in you may have a better experience. When I was working there more than 70% of staff were Contractors. I enjoyed the international mix of staff. IVC operates all over Europe and many different languages are spoken.
Pros
New offices/international culture
Cons
Offices are packed with staff, Management are running scared and introduce desperate measures on a frequent basis.
I loved working at IVC. I have worked within practice and also for the Central team. One thing I quickly discovered is that everyone from top to bottom is kind and well meaning. Everyone I have met generally works very hard and respects others. The surgeries and the ops teams are full of wonderful bright veterinary folk. The Central team not quite as close and they don't know much about working in practice but they are ok. The practice teams really make this company.
Pros
Nice practice teams
Cons
Head office becoming increasingly corporate
A good company to work for and lots of benefits from this corporate. Varied support depending on the role you are in but lots of training for vets, new graduates in particular.
Poor management since they moved to keynsham No Employee support Good wages but poor home/work balance expected to work till you drop Poor training !
Management was terrible. They didn't listen to sensible ideas that most of the team agreed on. Treated staff members like it was a popularity contest instead of based on the work they produced.
Pros
Cons
Long hours as well as many many others!!
A good place to work, however, I joined just before Coronavirus hit, this meant that my role was deemed as none critical during the crisis. The management team were very good and allowed for a lot of free-formed ideas
Suits younger, thrusting, ambitious types, 2 weeks of little to do, followed by 2 weeks of pressure to complete period end, although the people are friendly & try to generate a team spirit
Pros
Pay is above average
Cons
excessive hours at period end
I wish I read all the negative reviews first before excepting my job. The staff turnover is massively high, everyone wants to to leave on day one! Don’t expect any support from your manager, no progression, no respect, they just use you & abuse you! Very long working hours without pay obviously, they just buy you a box of biscuits so you don’t get hungry while working in till 9/10pm. I treat my dog better then they treat employees @ IVC.
I started my new job at the begining of 2020, i am always so happy going to work knowing the company i work for is organised and gives great service to the staff as well as our clients and pets.
Fantastic company to work for. Embrace ideas; care about their workforce; share their visions and goals and very willing to empower their employees.
  1. Employee reviews