J Tomlinson

J Tomlinson Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews

Hit or miss

Company was ok, rubbish management and had the worst experience working for this company. My personal experience was awful, got disrespected by management and I would not wish my worse enemy to receive treatment as I did. Various staff were rude and abrupt. However there was quite a few exceptions. You will have to cross your fingers and hope you got a good manager. Otherwise I would recommend not to apply.

Pros

Feels like a family run business.

Cons

Managers are not very good

Poorly managed team. Like to act like a big company who do things correctly, in reality 20 boiler services in one day with 50 miles of travel cannot be done

Pros

Good pay if you cut corners

Cons

Expectations over workload

It got one star because I can't give zero

Nothing more to say they use people. Promise you the world when you start but never deliver on there promises. Middle and senior management are just liars. I was accused of theft because I took something that I was told to. I was accused of lying about pay negotiations. All to cover there inability

Pros

Cons

Management morons

Stress

Everyday no material on site tenants always complaining no support from management. Promised the earth giving nothing other than problems. Management don't care

Pros

Cons

Long hours low pay

Amazing place to work!

I had the pleasure of working with J Tomlinson in Beeston. The management is very supportive, the staff are amazing, and the pay isn't too bad either! If you are looking for a decent 8-5 job for Monday to Friday, look no further. If it wasn't for my moving countries, I would still be there :)

Operatives working on site helpful and friendly

Induction day not very professional they lie and give out false information about how good the company and job is. management just want you to bodge jobs So they look good in office. No help from supervisors or managers when you ask them to order specialised materials from internet, they just pass the buck back to you. When operatives leave they don,t tell the work force. As for the Operatives are very helpful .

Cons

24 hr call out . Induction days not professional

Enjoyed my time at J Tomlinson, good place to work with some great staff members. Paid price per job so there was good opportunity to earn. Plenty of overtime and a fair call out rota, well managed

Pros

Good opportunity to earn

Just the best place to work

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at JT. If I hadn't left due to having a baby I would still be there. I loved this company and my line Manager was easy to get on with and extremely sincere. Part of my role involved me training new staff on our computer systems, this meant that one day I could be in Worcester and another day in Peterborough. The best part about this job was our team, we all got along which meant for a very happy environment. The hardest part was the day I left.

Pros

An excellent place to work

Cons

productive and fun place to work

it was a very good and productive place to work. The people are friendly and very welcoming to new comers. the management make the transition very easy.

Cons

One of the better companies i've worked for

Hours can be long if you let them , price work pays well , hourly pay not so good, you are provided with van, tools, phone, tablet to receive work on and start work from home. friendly staff and good working environment

Pros

tools, van, phone

Cons

be prepared to travel, deductions for first and last 30 mins travel also 30 mins dinner

Professional

Taught me a lot about business and the processes behind big companies that provide services and begin to understand the commercialism and financial work behind the company name.

Pros

Professional

Cons

Aren’t really any to name

Atrocious workplace

Worst company I’ve ever worked for From director level down to call centre staff Overinflated job titles held by under qualified or overworked people. Even the car park is terrible.

Pros

Really cannot thinknof one

Cons

staff/environment

Worst employer in Nottinghamshire

Terrible managers that couldn't run a sweet shop. They win contracts they can't deliver, employ you, burn you out and then find a way to get rid of you before your longer then normal probation is up. Stay clear and find a proper building firm to work for.

Pros

Cons

Lots

Avoid this awful company

Terrible senior management with over inflated job titles and no people management skills, tatty, smelly offices, poor staff benefits, dreadful HR & bullying rife. "Good News" stories about apprentices etc should be ignored, these are just used to attract HA/Council business & acquire a cheap & very disposable workforce.

Pros

Cons

Terrible senior management with over inflated job titles and no people management skills, tatty, smelly offices, poor staff benefits, dreadful HR, bullying rife

productive and enjoyable place to work

I enjoyed working for j Tomlinson, I worked in the office and on site moving through all the different rolls. I mainly like the buyers as this is mainly what I do in my current job as a technician.

Gained Vast experience as an apprentice

A typical day would involve working alongside experienced engineers gaining experience on all types of equipment, including plant rooms, commercial and domestic heating and plumbing installations, servicing gas installations, warm air units, drainage and chillers. I was at JT Tomlinsons here where i finished my NVQ level 3 portfolio after gaining a vast experience in the industry. I was very liked as an apprentice as i was keen to learn and a very fast learner. I extremely enjoyed my time at JT Tomlinson as i enjoyed learning the industry and compiling my portfolio which formed part of my apprenticeship.

productive and get to meet new people

i learnt allot from my work experience at j tomlinsons how to change locks, clearing house ect. my co workers were easy to get along with and allways ready for work. i most enjoyed meeting new people

productive place to work for and always something new to learn

i learn alot whilst in this current job role, my day varied from taking calls, doing admin work, booking in appoitments with client/customers and arraning work for the engineers. The management were very pleasant at all times and easy to work under.

Pros

i cant say there was any other pros other than always something to learn

Cons

not a good salary and no incentive to be able to move up a posistion in this job role

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J Tomlinson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8