J Tomlinson
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

J Tomlinson Reviews: Working at J Tomlinson

United Kingdom31 reviews

managementjobworkstaffgooddayworkingtime

Not a bad company to work for

Worked here for six months on a temporary contract as a business administrator. Wasn't a bad six months at all, friendly people, a great environment & a good work/life balance.They let me go after six months due to quote on-quote "Lack of work" whether or not that was true I will never know. Shame as I was quite happy there.

Pros

Good hours & Work/life balance

Cons

Job security & Unpaid lunch break

Very nice place to work

Working with J Tomlinson was very exciting times for me, very professional and helpful, health and safety very good values good management placed on all sites, good rate of pay,

Pros

Some time

Cons

Very reasonable

Insights into J Tomlinson

Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Most awful place I've ever worked

Horrible place to work, management dont care about their staff at all, there is so much workplace bullying and the most disorganised company ever. No room for progression and they have a very high staff turnover rate. DO NOT WORK HERE!

Stressful and Rushed

As ppl have stated before the management rush the trades into doing dodge jobs just so that there shoddy management of time keeping and materials is over looked, I worked for them thru an agency thougth it would pay good they asked me to do 12 to 14 hour shifts wich just leave you tired and then when it comes to getting paid they short change you and make out some lies about the health and safety singing in and out book even tho other ppl mistakenly put times in your slot. No one to talk to to sort it all out infact the only person to talk to to sort it it is the person who caused the issues without asking ir questioning you ...basically they just think what they want to think don't ask you don't look for proof and just do you over at the first oportunity

Liars

Unfairly dismissed. Money seems good it isn't so much of my income went in to fueling my car for work, was eventually given a fuel card. Would strongly suggest to stay away. I went from being praised for all the hard work I actually did within a week to being Unfairly dismissed

Pros

Non

Cons

Long unpaid hours, pay for your own fuel

Brilliant company to work for

All staff are friendly and there is a great workplace culture embodied in a One Team ethos.Senior management are approachable, which helps create a collaborative working environment.

Having worked at JTL for 22 years I think it goes to show what a great place it is to work, care about their employees, with investment in training and progression for individuals.

I've worked for J Tomlinson now for over 5 years and can honestly say it's a great place to work. They definitely provide an honest, collaborative and friendly culture that genuinely care about your well-being and career aspirations. I'd 100% recommend them as a great employer.

No room to grow

Worked for the company for a number of years, took on much more than my job role but never appreciated or recognise. In the end enough was enough and had to leave.

Pros

Some great managers

Cons

No room to grow

Horrible place to work

You are very much treated as a numbe or bum on a seat, rather than a human being in this job.There is so much tittle tattle and back stabbing going on, it ruins the working atmosphere.The job itself is mundane as anything, and I nearly fell asleep most days. The company is poorly organised and horrible.Just don't work here.

If I could leave no stars or below I would have !!!

If you are lucky and get a decent manager , you are ok but a fair few only look after themselves . The work place culture is poor and you will find plenty of people who know how to use the system to better themselves at your expense , so you need to work out who you can trust , Management will also change your working conditions to suit themselves and change things with no notice or warning. I was lucky as I was just seeing out my time up to retiring but I would rate these in the top three of the worst companies I ever worked for.

when this company replaces its fm management this will be a job for life

until then find a proper job or stay on the job seekers not a company that respects staff or clients 6 contracts managed by appalling supervisors , the tradesman have more qualifications , if you care about quality , time management , right first time , work life balance , health and safety you may as well hang up your hat

Pros

no time for food 18 plus hour days

Cons

doing a proper job is not in the companies remit

Bad management

Bad management only bothered about the favourites, if your face doesnt fit dont bother staying you will know from the start. Hence high turn over in staff.

Pros

Was flexible during lockdown

Cons

Non over worked underpaid if your face dont fit it doesnt fit high turn over in staff.

Managers are not very good

Poorly managed team. Like to act like a big company who do things correctly, in reality 20 boiler services in one day with 50 miles of travel cannot be done

Pros

Good pay if you cut corners

Cons

Expectations over workload

It got one star because I can't give zero

Nothing more to say they use people. Promise you the world when you start but never deliver on there promises. Middle and senior management are just liars. I was accused of theft because I took something that I was told to. I was accused of lying about pay negotiations. All to cover there inability

Pros

Cons

Management morons

Stress

Everyday no material on site tenants always complaining no support from management. Promised the earth giving nothing other than problems. Management don't care

Pros

Cons

Long hours low pay

Amazing place to work!

I had the pleasure of working with J Tomlinson in Beeston. The management is very supportive, the staff are amazing, and the pay isn't too bad either! If you are looking for a decent 8-5 job for Monday to Friday, look no further. If it wasn't for my moving countries, I would still be there :)

Operatives working on site helpful and friendly

Induction day not very professional they lie and give out false information about how good the company and job is. management just want you to bodge jobs So they look good in office. No help from supervisors or managers when you ask them to order specialised materials from internet, they just pass the buck back to you. When operatives leave they don,t tell the work force. As for the Operatives are very helpful .

Cons

24 hr call out . Induction days not professional

Enjoyed my time at J Tomlinson, good place to work with some great staff members. Paid price per job so there was good opportunity to earn. Plenty of overtime and a fair call out rota, well managed

Pros

Good opportunity to earn

Just the best place to work

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at JT. If I hadn't left due to having a baby I would still be there. I loved this company and my line Manager was easy to get on with and extremely sincere. Part of my role involved me training new staff on our computer systems, this meant that one day I could be in Worcester and another day in Peterborough. The best part about this job was our team, we all got along which meant for a very happy environment. The hardest part was the day I left.

Pros

An excellent place to work

Cons

productive and fun place to work

it was a very good and productive place to work. The people are friendly and very welcoming to new comers. the management make the transition very easy.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J Tomlinson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement