JD Sports Fashion

JD Sports Fashion Employee Reviews

Found 2,110 reviews matching the search
Good and fun place to work. Nice benefits. The staff are always friendly and you feel motivated to do a good job. The clothing is nice and you receive a discount when you purchase anything from the store.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Can be long hours
If you are looking for a first job I would recommend because it requires a lot of hard work and determination as it’s your first job you will be excited. But anyone above 20 should not bother at all unless it’s a managerial position.
Pros
Paid every Friday
Cons
Bad management Long days Weird men
Horrible place to work. Most people get on with their jobs. Far too many team leaders with an chip on their shoulder. No job security, they absolutely rinse n repeat the agency scams assist pro man
Pros
There arent any
Cons
management were really good but definitely had favourites, team was really good but the pay was minimum wage. was getting paid half what someone doing less than me was and doesn’t recognise going the extra mile for the company. jd doesn’t care about their staff in the slightest but overall good people to work with just bad pay and bad company
Pros
colleagues
Cons
pay
Management treat you like a dog, try to take wages away from you behind closed doors by skimming hours off, then they ask you back for Christmas temp the following year. Any young people thinking this is a good place to work don’t. They will break you down and make you feel like nothing. Should be boycotted for their treatment of staff.
Cons
I worked at jd sports for 5 years, yes you have job security but you have minimal chance of moving up the ladder unless you lick the gaffas hoop. I worked at the Northumberland street branch and the management was terrible. They try to only employ young girls to save a few quid on wages and who are good looking to give them something to look at during the shift. Wouldn’t not recommend unless your desperate!!
Pros
Discount- but limited amount
Cons
Everyone is friendly and its a fun place to work. Alike any other company in terms of having respect for one another and everyone's extremely understanding if you're in any predicaments in terms of your work availability. The company has its benefits as you get a generous discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
minimum wage
I have never felt so ostracised in a job before. Felt like I couldn’t do anything right, was so nervous because I didn’t have proper training and you could tell managers only had time for their more experienced staff. The whole time managers are only interested in seeing if you fit in enough and can meet their targets no support was given to me at all and I felt so alone working here with barely any friends. I am a decent worker so it was quite demoralising to constantly be told you weren’t doing good enough and just waiting for the day you are laid off which is never how you should feel in a job! The company only hire young people to avoid paying out too much money too btw, be aware of this. Overall be careful what you are getting in for here because management do not care about you whatsoever.
Cons
Long hours, no support, cliques, unfriendly staff
Was hired at JD Sports as a Christmas temp worked one shift as we went into national lockdown. During this time have had no communication with management unable to even get hold of anyone. Was under the impression I would be furloughed to then be told no I’m not eligible. Have not been paid for the shift I worked which was an 10 hour shift and nobody is in any rush to sort it out. Been in dispute for a week and still no resolution, been told everyday that management will forward my hours to payroll to then be told daily that it hasn’t been done for some reason or another. Poor management, major lack of communication and no consideration for sales assistants.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor management
The management treat the temporary employees so badly. They are so rude and play favourites. The employees don’t get paid enough and can get lectured on every small thing they do!!!
Cons
Favouritism, Long hours, Poor Salary
Long shifts, I liked that some may not. Not a lot of help learning tasks but just keep asking for help. Typical 9 hour shifts with 1 hour lunch, security tag clothes, put out delivery, do clothing standards and help customers. Management were hot and cold, some days they would be nice other days unpleasant. Once you make friends its easier.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
JD is a great place for younger people who are wanting to start work can go, especially around the Christmas temp time like I was. I highly recommend it for anyone starting out.
Pros
Decent timed breaks, flexible working hours.
Cons
Can miss out payments, forced overtime.
At Jd, you are only paid minimum wage and sometimes not given enough break. When you first join you are expected to know what to do and rude staff to new people.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay
I was employed as a Christmas temp but it was only for December l had hoped l might have been kept on for January Sale Good manager and enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great team and manager
Cons
Did some seasonal work for jd in Broadway Bradford and was really welcomed and looked after.Great management and welcoming environment.Great communication of work hours.
It was a great workplace and fun atmosphere that would be perfect as a first job or a second one and the whole store is really organised. Also the work hours are very flexible dependent on when you can and can’t work.
Pros
Good pay and Great community
Cons
Not a lot
Great fast paced job for anyone who dosnt want a life outside of work, you are thrown in the deep end with no real training, shifts changed to suite others, micro managed to the highest degree, work with small teams and you have 100 and 1 things to do everyday so you struggle to get stuff doneThe people I met over my time in jd will be the stand out factor I have made some real friend for life,
Pros
The people, occasional thank you
Cons
Long hours, work evey sat, holidays are not flexible and they cancel when they feel like it, poor salary
Got very basic training so barely knew what I was doing on my first day, however I was lucky as not many other employees even got training. Got taught nothing about how to handle different situations or about health and safety. Took them a while to give me access to the employee app where you enter your details (bank details etc) so if you’re not on that then not sure how you’d get paid otherwise. Also wasn’t given a card or logged onto the clock in machine, need a card to go pretty much anywhere so had to rely on other colleagues to let me in/out or get to the shop/stockroom. I was told I don’t have to write my shifts down or anything seeing as I couldn’t clock in and they’ll pay me based off the rota but still wasn’t paid correctly, missed out on 4 full days pay since I was there.Management also very demanding for a minimum wage job and weren’t very helpful. Wouldn’t recommend.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Physical, overworked, low pay, no training, poor management, no job security
Treated like a second rate citizen and spoken to like a nobody.it's a case of not what you know but who you know.there is no appreciation or thanks no matter how good a job you do.as soon as another job comes up i will run out of the door.
Cons
A typical day at work consists of constant work and a friendly environment most shifts I worked I got asked to stay longer with no notice and not a long enough break. When my 3 month trial was coming to the end I got a call saying not to go back because on New Year’s Day I couldn’t get a buss or public transport to work my manager said it was fine the next day I got a call saying not to go back because I had ‘too many days off’ which in my 3 months I had 3 days off 2 because I couldn’t get their and he shouldn’t have put me down for the shift and the other because I was poorly it’s unfair. My manager knew I could only get there by bus I made it clear to him
Pros
Experience in customer service
Cons
No notice when they want gig to stay longer
At my time at JD whilst being a temp I was given hardly any hours until the week of Christmas where in worked every day Monday to Sunday which is clear they only wanted me for one thing to work at busy times this made me feel like I wasn’t actually a part of the team. They let me go at the end of my shift on Boxing Day when I still had 3 shifts scheduled for the following week which was rather unprofessional in my opinion overall a decent place to work if you don’t care how you’re treated
Pros
Social club
Cons
Poor communication
  1. Employee reviews