Jack Richards & Son Ltd
View all Jack Richards & Son Ltd reviews

Jack Richards & Son Ltd

Jack Richards & Son Ltd Employee Review

There’s a lot worse.

Been here a while. Trucks are well maintained & come with a fridge & microwave as standard. Work is varied, anything from Food Products, Timber, Cardboard etc. All parts of mainland UK are covered. Snap account parking paid. Uniform. PPE. Even an Atlas! Never unreasonably hassled. Totally compliant in regards to Tacho & vehicle defects. The hourly rate is a little low compared to other places, but as I well know, you won’t be treated as well at other places. Most shift patterns & driving experience catered for.

Pros

Good equipment. Treated well.

Cons

Needs a pay increase.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Worst experience of driving

I don't leave reviews lightly, but what a joke of a company this is. Be warned your contract won't be what it seems, in a nutshell there version of 'flexible contracts' is basically just a zero hours contract in which they can stand you down unpaid whenever they decide !
Same role

Lots of work but poorly ran

Lots of work so never waiting for next job. Little or no consideration to the employee. I required a day off due to personal circumstances with my wife being I’ll, couldn’t get child care and when I called in I was told it wasn’t great timing and the planner huffed and puffed at me, I left soon after. Family before job every time for me personally
Same location

Settled in well, team have been looking after me and I look forward to the rest of my career. They've been supportive with training and kept to their word in regards to what was offered to me.

Official response from Jack Richards & Son Ltd

30 November 2022
Welcome on board, we're pleased to hear things are going well for you! The Jack Richards team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Richards & Son Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement