Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Competitive & fair company to work for.

Featured review

Jacobs selected this as a representative review
After working in the industry for over 8 years I can safely say Jacobs are by far the best company I have worked for. I wouldn’t consider anywhere else. The company is fair, motivating and willing to help at any point. I would not have progressed in the industry as far as I have without the help from Jacobs. One of the top Enforcement Agency’s in the country.

Pros

Holiday pay, flexibility, & generous commission structure.

Awful

Management only care about there bonus and put huge pressure on staff, Awful atmosphere in the office used to be a good place to work with good pay But has gone drastically down hill and is now like any other call centre probably just as bad as The Contact Company

Pros

Don't work Christmas or bank holidays

Cons

Bad management, Stressful, Threaten to sack you when you struggle rather than support staff

Really supportive

I have been amazed at the level of training and support offered from Jacobs. Have supported and helped with family issues during COVID and couldn’t be more welcoming. They expect you to work hard but reward you for doing so.It’s obvious why so many are loyal to them

Professional and Encouraging Environment

The interview process was different to what it usually would be due to the current climate (I had an extensive phone interview). The training is thorough and inclusive (two weeks intense with small groups, so you won't feel left out and will always get the support you need). The support is ongoing even after training - always encouraged to ask for help etc. The office is fast paced but always a good mix of laughs with everyone. Good pay and benefits.

Great company that looks after their staff

When I first applied for the role of Enforcement Agent I had no previous experience in the role. I came from a background within the Armed Forces and was no stranger to working in a challenging and sometimes stressful environment. Since leaving the Armed forces I found it difficult to adapt to civilian life and really gain traction with other jobs I had been in. Since being at Jacob’s I found not just a job, but a career I could really throw myself in to. It satisfied all the needs I was craving since leaving the forces. Don’t get me wrong the role of enforcement agent is challenging and can often be stressful, but once you find your rhythm and your own way of working you can make the job work for you just as much as you work for it. Management is always on hand as well as helpful teams in the office to facilitate any needs or questions you may have to carry your job out. An outstanding level of training is provided and you are given the tools you need to succeed.

Pros

Company car, competitive salary with an uncapped bonus, helpful management who will back you 100%

Cons

The odd stressful situation, sometimes long hours but you get out what you put in

Good company once your in working properly,

New to the business but had great training, hours u can work around your life as long as you do your 40 hours. Can earn big money if u put in the effort.Helps when you get a good trainer,

Cons

Long hours needed to earn well

Stressfull

Worked at Jacobs for a few years. Work was stressful and need to keep phone on at home so it can take over your life but if you want to earn big money it is there to be earned.

Pros

Choose own start times as long as hours are covered in a week

Cons

some late nights and weekend work needed

Awful

Bosses are well established and will do anything to protect that legacy. Poor company full stop Very underhand tactics used in what after all is glorified Dick Turpin

Pros

Jacobs is a good place to work

Jacobs is a good place to work you have support of your mangers 100% Good Training is given good support from you team members when needed you have good feedback from managers and members of staff

Efficient enforcement company

Well organised and professional company. Worked here over 6 years. Most efficient place I’ve worked, best in the industry. Plus a great company day !!

Pros

Work hours to suit job. 6am -9 pm.

A Great Opportunity

If you want a challenge, are prepared to push yourself, have high self motivation and want the opportunity to progress whilst being rewarded, then this a great company to work for.

Good team work

I have worked for Jacobs for 10 years and found it is challenging but interesting but full training and support given. We have expectations to meet and get recognition for exceeding within Job Role.

Great job security and many opportunities for progression

Progression opportunities are great; I moved job roles within 12 months of working at Jacobs and was given full training for the job. I am currently in an admin position which pays averagely. Job security is high if you work hard and meet all expectations. There are also staff recognition awards given out yearly, for those who exceed in their role. The workplace environment is enjoyable as everyone seems to look out for each other and management are always fully supportive. A massive plus is the extra time off given over the Christmas period which is not deducted from your annual leave allowance. As a whole I am happy working at Jacobs and look forward to continuing/progressing within the company.

Workplace

Workplace relaxed. Left to work to your own devices so you can make your own judgement and learn from experience. Have the options to work your way to other departments when possible.

Salary is good with a chance to increase this every 12 months. Work/Life balance is very good and management are approachable, expectations are reasonable

Jacobs is a good place to work. Work/life balance is very good. Working hours are standard and salary is average for admin role but have the chance yearly to increase this if expectations are met . Job security is high if meeting/exceeding expectations.

Jacobs is a great place to work. Good hours and well paid. Its not the easiest job to do but if you work hard you reap the rewards. The people who work here are really friendly

Challenging and Rewarding

I have been with the company for many years and have found that whilst each role has been challenging I have been inspired to reach new goals and to also achieve. The work environment is fast-paced however should you remain organised and prioritise you will succeed; each day varies within the office but is manageable and enjoyable. The Management team are all friendly and approachable, treating everybody equal and with respect, over the years I have learnt that it is okay to make mistakes and that management are there to help you succeed.

Administration input

I have good and flexible working hours You need to work closely with colleagues on the road You can earned awards by going the extra mile Very modern office

Pros

Paid lunch breaks

Cons

some dept you have to work weekends

If you work hard, benefits are given to you.

Once you are trained you are left to manage your own day but have to complete the set work by the end of week. You work as part of a team on the computer and phones. Skills required Time Management, Organisation, Problem Solving, Team Work and Phone Etiquette.

there are incentives if you work hard, bonus scheme, early darts

I have learned new skills over the years. It is a busy office, some days are busier than others. You need to be a team player. Managers do 121 interviews every 3-6 months so you can have your say or if you cant wait until your 121 then you can speak to your manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement