Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

United Kingdom210 reviews

Found 210 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,114 reviews

Excellent career development

Jacobs always invest in developing their staff. I have been on numerous courses and developed significantly since joining. Management are very supportive, however sometimes the hierarchy may not be as supportive in certain situations.

Productive and very good at giving training and help where required

Working with experieced very good professionals really enjoyed my time them. Would recommed working for them. I have now worked threetimes for them and would welcome the opertunity to work with them again at some point in the future.

Insights into Jacobs

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Maximum work - min pay.

Fast paced environment as expected. You'll be paid the bare minimum for working hard, no support from management, no job security or routes for advancement. You're a number. If you screw up, you're gone.

Pros

Cheap - stale crackers

Engineering Company gone Corporate

Jacobs is now very corporate and in my experience operates a tick-box culture. Its most definitely the place to be if you're female or from an ethnic minority. If your male 30+, then don't waste your time with this company - there are better places to work on your career.

Pros

Good work-life balance

Cons

No slack

Overall positive experience

Was employed on a contract basis of fixed term. Even for a contractor it was an overall good experience and would be glad to work for Jacobs again. All managers involved with my project were excellent, supportive and friendly.

Great colleagues

Management is sound problems sorted fairly quickly, ice pops on a hot day free in the canteen, nice hot food served too, subsidised employee shop. Sound place to work.

Jacobs is a good engineering consultant for when you want to project manage. It’s not the best for technical work, although it is ok. I have enjoyed my time here.

Awful workplace and the management is the worst I’ve ever been involved with.

Like most places some staff are okay and others who are snakes but in here it was mostly snakes. Management atrocious the actual building is near enough falling down.

Pros

Rate of pay good for a mind numbing job

Cons

Long hours Boring job

6 months in and my role so far

Currently I am six months in and I am still uncomfortable with my role and what I am expected to do. I don't know how to use the software systems or have a manager currently. I'm doing two roles and feeling incredibly stressed. I work with some incredibly intelligent people with amazing skill sets. Lots of opportunities to progress. But someone to guide you whilst you are still newish would be appreciated.

Big Firm, lots of opportunities to progress. Diverse company and very inclusive. Most roles are underpaid and workload can be very high

Decent place to work, management is a bit poor but there is a lot of opportunities within the Firm. Wages aren't good enough for most roles. Staffing levels for some of the main offices can be too low causing higher workloads for a small team. Met loads of nice people from many different backgrounds and cultures

Pros

inclusion, opportunities, benefits

Cons

Long hours, terrible management, low wage

Fast paced , left on own after only 2 hours of training

No one to help, too fast paced only short amount of time to get all the jobs that need doing done, had to chase wages , don’t recommend.Can never get intouch with any area mangers if need anything.

US culture

Hire and fire culture similar to other large US companies in the sector.Large company with potentially lots of opportunities but can get siloed and lost in the system.Growth often by takeover and redundancies follow

Pros

Good safety culture and paid on time

Cons

Lots of inefficient managers Training for junior staff but limited training for others

Collaborative working but some poor management

Good place to work but some poor managers who are not concerned about their staff. Development not easy if you are placed in a project team but may be different within central functions

Very proactive and enabling team, which is a very positive reflection on the culture of Jacobs.

Everyone is given a broad remit and you are enabled to define and deliver your version of the job. There is possibility of growth and you are enabled to reach out to other colleagues to gain insight into their roles as well to broaden your understanding and therefore improve the quality of your output.

Pros

Flexible working, working from home etc.

Cons

Work demands by client, therefore working extra hours to deliver in time

Purposeful and inclusive.

My first few days were loaded with training around the culture and values of the company, the values aren't just corporate lip service. The training goes on, with wide access to in-house LinkedIn and Microsoft technical training, so I know I can build my skills here. The company deals with bigger challenges than in my previous roles, which makes me feel I'm making much more of a difference in the world. The team I'm working on is growing and experimenting all the time, and very friendly.

Productive and fun work

Jacobs is a great company. Jacobs always act with integrity – taking responsibility for the work, caring for the people and staying focused on safety and sustainability. Jacobs make investments in the clients, people and communities, so we can grow together.

Pros

High pay

Cons

Stressful job

Fun work

Was very good work place and nice people.The salary was very good. The benefits like car, mobile phone are very good. The overall work condition was very nice.

Long hours, don't bother to apply if you're over 30

Salary is good but I now know why. Your hours are long, hardly any breaks. Team culture is constant back stabbing. Constant promotions but only rewarded to those who are constantly up the management's backsides and willing to throw colleagues under a bus. Projects are mind numbingly boring! American company so you have to go by their work culture and ethics.You will do well if you are a graduate or under 30.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Long hours, young culture, no management, american work culture

Good working environment, really helpful in difficult times. Good all round company to work for.Keep your training up to date, always someone to talk to if needed

Pros

Work

Cons

No chance of promotions

Workplace culture

Everyone helps each other, there is no cliques or people out for each other, free tea and coffee, Good management structure, the most enjoyable part of the job was the people, relaxed atmosphere, subject matter experts on hand to help.

Pros

Flexi time, 9 day fortnight

Cons

awful paperwork procedures

Questionable ethics, poor management

Not an inclusive environment. Lacks skilled middle management. Top heavy with young graduates in order to charge the client higher margins, failing on quality and delivery without the experience needed. NOT equal or transparent salary brackets. Internal politics out of kilter with professional ability. Undervalued key staff. Cheap oversees labour of over qualified staff the business program, not good ethics. Superficial environment within which to work.

Pros

Benefits scheme and flexible working hours

Cons

Not rewarding or loyal to experienced employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement