Jaguar Land Rover
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Jaguar Land Rover Employee Reviews

Company itself is great but the management is extremely slow in making decision even you presented to them on table and they still would say we will review it. At some point the projects faltered because senior management could not make decisions on time. They started pointing fingers to lower staff. Hiring was a disgrace. Even you had the best skills and qualifications they hiring manager would choose someone who he/she knew from their childhood/school or college. Even they would not have the same skills.
Pros
Work Life balance, Parking on site, Remote work
Cons
Worked here for number of years at Castle Bromwich and solihull and to be honest for someone like me who didn't get any qualifications from school its the best job anyone can ask for,good money making iconic products that are internationally regarded,plenty of opportunity to advance or try new things,yes its hard,yes there are times when the last thing you want is a 12 hour Friday shift at JLR but the rewards,social life and pride in the product make it all worth it,if you have the chance to work here,grab it
Pros
Money, status
Cons
Hard work, physically taking a toll
Gave 20 years of my life to this company and ended up give my notice in because of mental health, there was no support but just lots of pages of garbage saying they do, you only move on in this company if your face fits or if your prepared to tread on the people around you to get there. There is a large divide between the work force and team leaders upwards and this come down to people looking after there own friends when it comes to promotion, so you end up with very tight groups that lie and pass the blame to cover there own bad management and corruption. This company could be such a pride of the uk shame it thinks that you life should be put on hold for the sake of the company.
Pros
Pay, pension but pay has dropped alot
Cons
Military officers as managers, shifts
Up until Covid 19 ruined everything this was the job I wanted to do for the next 20yrs of my life. I loved it so much and the people I worked with were lovely, helpful and made me feel at home.
Pros
Getting to drive amazing cars
Cons
Great place to get a job. If you can get one there.Possibilities of work up in the companyAnd chances of better jobs around the site. If you give it a chance.Good safe place to work.Heath and safety very high in this company. Would love to work for them again
Pros
Good rate of pay.
Cons
Roll on Shifts
Absolute joke of a company, just another number in there. Management are self centered t###s who discipline anybody for anything, make out they support workers with families when in fact they look at it as a hinderence. Over worked workers with little support as the union is in the companys pockets. Glad i got out
Pros
Can eat an smoke at same time to make the most of your break
Cons
Sell your sould for the pay
I enjoyed working for Land Rover for 33 years, great company to work for apart from my last manager who had it for from the off, never had the support from my team either. A few bad apples don’t mean a bad company in fact apart from that it’s a great company to work for.
Worked here for 5 1/2 years as agency. During the interview processes, we were constantly told we would be with them for a year before transferring to a JLR contract, only to find out on day one that that had changed without us knowing, and we would have to do 5 years. They moved the goal posts within 2 weeks of contracts being due, and made some rubbish up about it was always subject to business needs, however this is wrong, we were told from the very beginning it would be 5 years regardless. Worked my backside off for them for the whole time, never had any absences, nor any disciplinary action. along with several management awards for hard work and commitment, and I get laid off without so much as a thank you. Meanwhile, waste of space permanent JLR employees who milk the system and know exactly what to say and to who, and end up doing easy jobs on restrictions or off for 6 months every year, keep theirs. Don't bother joining the union, they're a complete waste of time and don't fight for you, unless you're a permanent employee. Management are useless and generally coked up bullies, there are a few good ones, but not many. There's a lot of short man syndrome there, as a lot of the bosses are vertically challenged, so they feel that they need to be bullies to be respected.Overall, horrible place to work, don't bother.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
There isn't enough space to list everything
Make sure your face fits with management, if it doesn't your screwed. Unless your a favourite or in your esrly 20's there's no chance of advancement.
Pros
Money
Cons
Only favourites or youngsters get progressed
I have worked and now I still work at JLR where I feel that is best suited position for me. Even the current circumstances are not very positive I am optimistic that the JLR have a brilliant future.
Left because I was unhappy and unfairly treated, management didn't care and I have been furloughed for almost a year. Poor pay and the days were long.
My overall experience in Jaguar in the 20 years of my employment was that I was very poorly treated. I gave them every form of my work ethics and I was still treated unfairly. They have a poor management system and blame their staff for their mismanagement because of their incompetence to manage people.
Pros
Cons
Poorly managed for the magnitude of the company.
Land Rover are a great product and there is some lovely staff working here it’s just a shame the sales process is overly complicated compared to other car sales roles and the commission schemes are not very good u sell a 100 k car and earn £70 considering the work it takes to sell luxury cars u would expect to earn more per unit and u have to sell 16 cars a month to earn any commissions if I miss 1 car u earn no commission at all
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Complicated sales process lack of earning potential
Drug rich environment from production track workers all the way up to PAM LL6 level. Management take pleasure in degrading and debasing staff members. Quality is not the number one ethic, seen everything from deliberate destruction of customer vehicles, parts vandalised and even missed off. Walked in on multiple people in a toilet cubicle doing god know what. Oh and absolutely no job security. 3 breaks on a night shift of 15,15 and 10 minutes. Unfortunately endured 5 horrible years there, only stayed so long for the money. Just Under £600 per week after tax and that’s before any over time. Money good. Environment, management, culture appalling.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
Culture. Management.
Excited to work there for a new challenge, expected high quality training etc, had initial induction, don’t expect product training other than on the job from other maintenance associates, rude managers, no job satisfaction, very little room for progression unless you are friends or family with higher management, HR useless, no personal development, bully boy tactics....but they pay well if you can put up with poor management.
Pros
Money
Cons
Most other aspects of the job, lack of training and personal development
Do not have allusions that this is a reception job prepare to have long hours and stressful times if you can handle pressure and remain customer focused you will do well. This job is not for the faint hearted.
Pros
Nice showroom to work in
Cons
Work life balance, overworked under paid
Some very well paid roles considering the skill set required for them, high risk of getting pigeonholed and managers not wanting to lose you to another Dept. so your application gets blocked (business requirement). A real mixed bag of work ethics, some people will walk around for years with a clip board looking busy to max out the Over time. Then there are others who are flat out and stressed. Ive seen Tech's turn up on a Monday with the objective of not opening their tool box all week, then working Sat and Sun. Very strong union so there is very little point of mangers challenging this. Good if your straight out of uni and want some social life from work.
Pros
social, left to get on with your job and Pay
Cons
Pigeonholed, application getting blocked
Ampliamente positiva, buen ambiente de trabajo. Muy recomendable.
Pros
Grandes instalaciones, buena educación.
Cons
Ninguno
Working for JLR can be Both Good and also Bad.. but the outcome is all down to You.. I:e if you Show willing & Work to the best of your ability for JLR.. The company will work equally has Hard to Help you in your future with JLR & all it has to offer by rewarding your hard work with opportunities to work overtime at great rates of pay.. and a chance to learn other Skilled jobs within the business.. 👍🏻😃Great Firm 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Pros
Really Great work Colleagues
Cons
A very weak Union
this is a fast paced environment, with a focus on getting the numbers out rather than a focus on quality, although they like to mention quality all the time nothing is done in a timely manner to fix issues management are only interested in numbers and their own progression rather than the workload and worker relationships, it is almost like a boys club especially as you dig deeper and find out that someone is so and so' nephew or someone is from their local club and in cushy positions with periodical job justification exercises that serve no purpose to the build or quality... you have tier upon tier of managers why have 1 when you can have 3 for each department others are out of their depth and rely on supervisors to help out.. that's not delegation, that progressing off the backs of others especially when you see what happens when the supervisors refuse to help the jlr culture isn't one that is geared towards keeping those that are good at their job but those that have been there the longest... poo at your job but been there long enough, keep your job... others are trying to milk the system and others walking around with canes during work but dancing at the bar on the weekends the absence procedure has changed but served no purpose to bring those people back to work, rather than to punish anyone new falling ill the hardest part of the job is not to be human and make a mistake because they come down hard on you whilst you notice for weeks and months on end that management and engineering won't fix known issues... not part of your job, not your problem, let it - more...
Worked for the company for 5-years where I basically put my blood sweat and tears into this company we were told after 5-years we will become permanent, after finally reaching our goal، to then find out that there is no contract... we worked day in and day out, not one day off, never late, never sick, absolutely gutted and discusted...... Never again.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
  1. Employee reviews