Jaguar Land Rover

United Kingdom22 reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,541 reviews
jaguarroverlandlandrovercarprogressionpatternwhilst

stressful

Money was ok , but environment was a little stressful. Managment was very strict it seemed to me like they really go after their own people. but at the end , it wasn't too bad.

Work not worth the pay

The work you put in a JLR you can put in else where and get paid more. At JLR they are always breathing down your back side to get things done when things are getting done. There expectations are far too high I only have 2 hands not 20 they sell you dreams to work more like a dog like I only come to work for money not to spend hours in a place where I would practically be forced to meet there imaginary expectations.

Pros

Canteen facilities are probably the only thing they thought about. Good stuff

Cons

Long hours and not enough breaks (Ideal break time 1hr)

Insights into Jaguar Land Rover

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

My retirement plan

Up until Covid 19 ruined everything this was the job I wanted to do for the next 20yrs of my life. I loved it so much and the people I worked with were lovely, helpful and made me feel at home.

Pros

Getting to drive amazing cars

Cons

Union employees abuse the system because they know they can get away with it , no job security treated as second class citizens

Employed given false promise then working with others who are jlr union employees do not care if the company goes under as they have a huge pension to look forward to Meanwhile agency staff work hard to prove them selves for no reward I saw many employees sat in company cars sleeping making 25 an hour and much worse than that , while we worked hard

Pros

Nice cafe parking clean

Cons

NoJob security work for others that are lazy and milking the system

Work directly for JLR and not for an agency

I worked for an agency whilst working at JLR and the pay was poor compared with the the actual employees of JLR they were earning around £24 - £26 per hour on the night shift whilst we were being paid £10.20 per hour less than half.

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Low wages working for an agency

N / a

Management are not interested in how you are doing . Just get on with your work not enjoyable working attitude . No proper lunch area one quite area for you to have a sit in the quiet place

Pros

N/a

Cons

No mobile phone to use for work/ so have to use your own to call customers

You can do better

Incompetent managment/ strong blame culture/ little or no career progression unless you suck up big time/ no communication or organisation/ treated with utter contempt. On the plus side you do get to drive some nice vehicles

Concentration is key

I work in the marketplace picking stock and taking it to the assembly line, there are many different types of stock and many locations to learn. There are also approximately 300 other vehicles milling around, pedestrians etc so you need to be very switched on at all times. 8 hours of pure concentration makes your shift fly by.

Good job for professionals

Very good management. I have learned a lot about driving luxury cars and logistics in car companies. Lots of training. Sports car handling. City driving.

Draining

This places became very draining for me as the management would target the good, hard working people all day everyday to get tasks complete, whilst people who didn't want to work would be left to hide around the work area. It became very stressful and tiring, I raised the issue numerous times where nothing would be done to resolve the issue. As long as the work was getting complete management did not care about employees.

Pros

Money and Overtime oppurtnity

Cons

Managment

Not bad, management ruin it

Overall not a bad place to work. The work is not hard but can be repetetive but it is a factory afterall. Good bunch of lads and girls work there but management let it down. Also there is an elitist mentality with the Jaguar bosses towards the DHL staff.

Pros

Good Money

Cons

Bad management

Not as it seems

Agency workers are treaten like somethink on the bottom of their shoes no advantage of a career bullied into working there back side off for minimum wage knowing they are driving £100,000 cars around site thats earning the company millions . Eppl are a contracting company that also threat agency workers bad knowing it wont get the workers anywere in life to please jlr management the cleaners are on more money which says alot . A tech earns more money in a week for tapping a piece of plastic than a driver earns handling £100,000 cars very poor and has been a terrible experience this is what the reviews leave out and have been hiding just to get a profit . Try it yourself apply for startpeople ltd to see for yourself . The rich get richer the poor get poorer is true .

Pros

Cheap tea and coffee

Cons

Company

great working enviroment

Great working enviroment friendly staff mo issues with payments always payee right and on time everytime. Would of been betterif i was there abit longer

Pros

great money

Cons

no longer working there

productive

Contracted to Jaguar Land Rover, feeding the production line with the operational use of a flt, working amongst a team in a fast paced environment....

Fun workplace

I didn't like salary and it's not my kind of job,I want to work in health care sence I do massages,I like driving but I also love doing massage and work in health care and improve my skills

Pros

Driving

Cons

Salary

Great place to work!

When working at jaguar land rover I was happy, it was a great friendly environment to work in, the salary was very great! The team and managers were just brilliant and a joy to work with I was however sad that my time there was short as I was on a temp contract through an agency. But it was a great experience and I gained a lot of knowledge while there in health and safety guidelines and also working as part of a team to meet strict deadlines.

Pros

brilliant salary benefits.

Cons

very long hours! SOmetimes 12 hours but worth your while! great overtime rates!

avoid this company at all cost.

5 changes in manager within a year, 3 changes of director. no meeting to end probation period, leaving me on basic wage. wages were consistently hundreds of pounds under.

Driving job

This was a brilliant job and am glad i got the opertunity to be part of the team at jlr it is a great place to work and the people there where very profesional at there jobs.

My Experience at Jaguar car Manufactures at Castle Bromwhich.

my typical day at work: I would go in nice an early do my pre- shift check on my counter balance & reach and tug then i would check to see if i need to top up air bags in the assembly area. I learnt how the 5s work 1)Sort- Seperate the Essential from the now Essential objectives ensure essential items are safe and fully operations remove now esstential. 2)Set in Order - A place for everything and its place. + objectives- safe locations for equipment and materials. + ability to easily identify abnormal conditions. + easy to find things. 3)Shine - Maintaining The 5s standard objective - Manually clean to check for abnormal conditions 4)Standardise - Maintaing & Improving objectives and ensure the 5s standard is maintained +improve the 5s standard. +make it easier. +increase understanding. 5)Sustain - Cascade the know how to the whole org. objective every employee to follow the rules and understand benefits and contrubute to the improvement. I would follow management orders every time i would do my job. I enjoyed working on my own aswell as a team. There was no hard part of the job i can look back an say appart from the pressure i would approach the task by staying calm and dealing with the job in a proffesional maner, and not to panick. I enjoyed working for a big company like jag every day was enjoyable for me.

Pros

Early finishing work when we reached or target

Cons

Short notice to stay over.

easy and fun place to work

easy to work and good place to meet people and do a fun and interesting job.

Pros

shut downs/time off

rewarding,challenging,

even though i only worked here a short time I was amazed by the process of teaching new workers the skillsI needed to be part of such a ground breaking venture I enjoyed every aspect of my training and felt my contribution was well recieved. I was so very dimayed when I was told the contract had been terminated I did feel the skills I had learnt were wasted and have tryed to re enter Land rover as I was treated so very well and my hard work was appreciated by all this was a chance of a lifetime opportunity one of which I would return if the chance arose

Pros

high standards

Cons

not there long enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jaguar Land Rover. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement