Jaguar Land Rover

United Kingdom26 reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,542 reviews
jaguarroverlandlandrovercarprogressionpatternwhilst

Competitive environment

Uncertain times given current climate, major lack in automotive industry and pushing for different ways to work. Lots of change within management structure has led to more uncertainty.

Very good place to work, good managers, collegues, facilities. Good salary, good on site facilities. Difficult jobs to work on. good job progression. Excellant

Insights into Jaguar Land Rover

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Busy place

Another British company let down by poor upper management. Management decide to sell the company, slashed staff and then sale fell through. oops! Currently recruiting like mad, all contractors inside IR35.

Work culture

Very toxic work culture. Politic office and back stabbing is every where. People got too ambitious and stepping other people to get promoted. But it got work life balance.

Exciting places to work at

Exciting places to work at, can be slow and frustrating for inter-team politics, most people get things done below the radar to ensure delivery happens.

Not an enjoyable summer placement

Although my project went really well in the end, the preceding 11 weeks were not enjoyable. There was inappropriate conduct from managers, mean comments from colleagues, and a general atmosphere of discontent. JLR is stuck in the dark ages in terms of gender diversity and work culture.

Good Employer

Good employer with options to move around the many departments if you fancy a change in career. Plenty of training offered some compulsory. Coventry City is expanding and has a great University if you wish to get educated further.

Very good

Overall my time with Jaguar Land Rover has been very good. Unfortunately I don't see the progression here that I have hoped for hence my decision to look elsewhere.

JLR experience

Good experience, but not sure about the management. Also too many projects at a time. Experience people around to teach and all together good exposure to work in JLR.

Pros

Process, system

Cons

too many projects.

Require a cultural change towards women in the workplace

I have witnessed aggressive and subversive behaviour from male counterparts. I have reported to the senior management who have done nothing to eradicate this general behaviour towards women in a basis industry that try’s to pay lip service but fails on all counts. I would not encourage woman to work at JLR from my experience as a senior engineer now left and pursued another career!

Pros

Cons

Many

Friendly Workplace

JLR has a friendly and productive working environment to gain the best out of a individual. At times the job can be very stressful however the management team step in quickly to help out .

Good place to work, good work life balance. Lots of training available for people to upskill the workforce. Sometimes certain stakeholders lead the company in a way that is detrimental to other areas of the business.

Well managed fun work place

Great job well managed lots learnt from JLR. Helped very well from staff great communication from all team member. developed a fantastic undersanding of materials and process.

Pros

competitive pay over time

Cons

long hours not much security

Working culture

Accepted a new career path and gained a lot of experience. Provide a lot of support and teams are very focused on their delivery objectives. Good guidelines for signoff

Pros

Large product range

Cons

Interaction between teams are poor

Good work life balance

Good work life balance and reasonable salary. Very ambitious company. You need to be proactive and get stuck in. Old and often pointless processes can get in the way of getting work done.

Brilliant place to work

We would get together and discuss progress and what was coming up. Senior management from a number of areas would attend and support. I learned about teamwork and good process. The workplace culture for me was just right, a balance. The hardest part and yet the best part as well i believed to be the challenges. The whole experience was good bar sitting in a room at night in a b and b because of where its situated and the travelling (4 to 5) hours twice a week.

Pros

Lots it was one of the best places i have worked

Cons

Travelling and staying in a b and b.

Expanding and exciting workplace

- A typical day included constructing the new prototype models. - I learnt many different skills like how to use a large variety of different tools. - The management team was very friendly and helpful whilst I was there. - The hardest part of the job was the learning curve around getting used to all of the tools and equipment the place had to offer. - The most enjoyable part was just the job itself.

Pros

Satisfied working days

Cons

N/a

Stuck in the past, poor attitude

Needs a shake up. Full of over paid associates whom believe they are entitled to work yet not contribute to ensuring the progression and survival of the brand. Has an out-dated method of manufacturing but worst of all where management and teams do not work together. Very much a finger pointing environment and needs to change. So much potential to be better and more efficient.

Pros

Wages

Cons

Everything else

Overview

Early start, early finish but parking is a nightmare. You need to be proactive to learn, there are not much career development. Even if you ask and push your management to support your training, it is difficult. Management style is old school. You are expect to go the extra miles but with no reward or recognition. Hardest part of the job is build effective relationship, it is down to who you know rather than what you know.

Analytical

I have been fortunate enough to secure a 3 month placement at Jaguar Land Rover in the Value Engineering Department. In my role I look at competitors car parts and compare to those of JLR. We then propose new ideas where the company can save money and improve performance of cars. This is carried out via presentations and data inputting to be forwarded to a panel for further investigation and decision making.

Fast paced rewarding work

Launching new vehicles to deadlines, planned progress through each gateway to achieve total customer satisfaction,working with multifunctional modular teams to reach these goals. Hard work and new challenges every day to ensure 500 plus parts are of the correct pedigree and delivered on time to meet the build requirements.

Pros

Good working teams

Cons

Working away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jaguar Land Rover. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement