Jaguar Land Rover

Group Leader22 reviews
United Kingdom22 reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,542 reviews
jaguarroverlandlandrovercarprogressionpatternwhilst

A good employer & place of work

JLR is a good employer & place of work. Fast paced with great importance on quality, right first time & customer first principles. Shift work is required for most roles & career progression is available

Great Colleagues

Make sure your face fits with management, if it doesn't your screwed. Unless your a favourite or in your esrly 20's there's no chance of advancement.

Pros

Money

Cons

Only favourites or youngsters get progressed

Insights into Jaguar Land Rover

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Great salary... horrible work environment

Drug rich environment from production track workers all the way up to PAM LL6 level. Management take pleasure in degrading and debasing staff members. Quality is not the number one ethic, seen everything from deliberate destruction of customer vehicles, parts vandalised and even missed off. Walked in on multiple people in a toilet cubicle doing god know what. Oh and absolutely no job security. 3 breaks on a night shift of 15,15 and 10 minutes. Unfortunately endured 5 horrible years there, only stayed so long for the money. Just Under £600 per week after tax and that’s before any over time. Money good. Environment, management, culture appalling.

Pros

Salary.

Cons

Culture. Management.

No training, bad management, golden handcuffs

Excited to work there for a new challenge, expected high quality training etc, had initial induction, don’t expect product training other than on the job from other maintenance associates, rude managers, no job satisfaction, very little room for progression unless you are friends or family with higher management, HR useless, no personal development, bully boy tactics....but they pay well if you can put up with poor management.

Pros

Money

Cons

Most other aspects of the job, lack of training and personal development

Dark and couped up

No Training on the Job, Shut up and get on with it, not treated the same as core workers, not given the same rights, union only work with core workers . There is more drug use from Management and core workers, not drug test after you have completed your first one.

Exciting place to work.

Joining JLR has changed my life for the better. I get so much job satisfaction and I am rewarded by my hard work and dedication. I have had some great experiences to improve my skills.

Good in the right team

Good place to work, strong employees working well as a team excellent pay and hopefully with new shifts will give better work life balance. Plenty of opportunity for overtime

Fantastic Place to work

I worked at Land Rover for over 40 years and have many great memories. I worked various shift patterns throughout my career. From health and safety to work conditions everything is first class and the company is truly a leader in everything it does.

Pros

Great Pay

Cons

Working Nights

Great company. Ruined by bad management

A culture of deceit and cover ups amongst current management is killing this once great company. Yes the pay is great, but fast over expansion, nepotism and who you know means progression is limited.

I was a group leader at jaguar Land Rover ,my role was to have my team rectifying and selling vehicles,my other duties where looking my cube which consists of doing delivery,manning,cost,morale,doing work element sheets,kazain,my other duties included helping team to deliver vehicles within a allotted time ,work along side my process leader and senior management,I would mostly work weekends and support the other two shifts if they where short of labour

Pros

Beaks 15 minutes x 2

Cons

I would work long hours if required

productive and fun workplace

a great place to work with helpful and well mannered staff. the hardest part of of the job i would say was learning the job but once learnt there was no problem at all. everyone was helpful.

fast pace experience

fast reactive maintenance teams with good pension contribution union member service available discounts for many retail stores normally found in high street.

Pros

car discounts

Cons

poor communication

good place to work as long as you dont have disabilites

JLR was a fantastic move for me. I have never been paid so much money for the work I did.However later down the line during my employment I have developed health issues. This means that JLR have to find you a suitable job, even after visiting their occu health, my own health care professionals, Lodging a HR ticket and getting the union involved they have stilled just left me in the corner and have ignored any attempt I have made to get myself working again.

Pros

first line managers are polite and helpful

Cons

you are just a number and very much replacable

best job i've ever had!

spent best part of 13 years with the company, at the Halewood site. started through a sub contractor, then onto the production line with an agency, then taken on full time by the company. advanced to group leader role

Pros

lots

Cons

odd shift pattern!

Management bullies and cars are poorly repaired and built

Worked for the company for 6years and ive seen shocking repairs authorised by management just to get the cars to the customers to meet targets....absolute load of garbage not even worth 10k let alone 40k+......managers are bullies but are on the fiddle left right n centre especially trim and final managers/superintendants

Pros

Money is excellent

Cons

The whole company and management structure....cars are aload of rubbish !!!!

A challenging balance

Gateway and Programme Delivery is a fine balance of Engineering robustness, costs, weights and attribute delivery v's Gateway and Programme deliverables and Timing. Some days this balance raises significant challenges, and when the balance is delivered, then this becomes the most satisfying part of the job.

High Intensity Work Environment.

Jaguar Land Rover is a great place to work with a very high salary for the work conducted. The management is relatively well structured and if the initiative is shown progression can be earned fairly easily. It is a very union pro environment and this is a double edged sword.

Pros

High Salary

Cons

Shift Patterns

like being in prison

the pay is good i was there 8 years the shifts are awful managers speak yo you like something of there shoe but a few are nice/ok an dont expect to have a life as if your a new started they will expect every weekend of you an then your on agency for 5 years

Pros

ok pay

Cons

long hours, spoke to like a kid

Good employment conditions

Money is good and working conditions are good but it sometimes feels like management like to "play games" which winds up the people below.

Wide variety of skill learnt

I cannot compare Land Rover to any other automotive business because it's the first I've worked at. I've learnt a wide range of new skills and enjoyed the pressures of working in such an environment.

Pros

Training

Cons

Night shifts

Target driven with little autonomy in lower roles

Very enjoyable place to work when the chance arises to show your core skills but the majority of the days consist of routine which is actually good for my current role although not so good for the line workers. The SOP's are lackadaisical and it is quite frustrating at times due to the standards not being followed or challenged due to the lack of performance management.

Pros

Great salary

Cons

Dull

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jaguar Land Rover. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement