Jardine Motors Group

Jardine Motors Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
Jardine Motors Group selected this as a representative review
Bonus easy to reach if you work hard and know your write up is on top level. No bonus if you having tea brakes every 30 min. For the last 20 months in the company always hit bonus easyyyy. Management support and workshop control always spot on. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Management is easy to approach and quick to respond in any situation. New shift pattern is a bit challenging, but it's just matter of time to get used to.Training academy is another level out of this world really impressed.
Pros
Achievable bonus and targets. Fair paid overtime. Friendly and professional team
Cons
Shift pattern is a bit confusing sometimes.
20 January 2021
Thank you for leaving this honest and positive review; I am sure the benefits you have highlighted will be very informative to those considering a career with JMG.
For such a big company they are very unorganised, expect to work super hard to achieve uneatable targets set by hierarchy and when you challenge these targets you’ll be told “that’s how it is”. Expect to work very long hours and be stupidly stressed about your work load, no one will do anything about this either! They have no problem putting everyone’s health at risk, as long as they are making a profit either (Covid related).
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Long Hours, stressful, low pay, hard to achieve comission
18 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Its extremely disappointing to hear that you have had such a bad experience as we work incredibly hard to ensure that we have a positive culture and that colleagues have a number of channels outside of their dealership to raise issues. We have very stringent COVID safe ways of working in place that are reviewed formally by Directors three times per week. As you clearly feel very passionately about your experience, I would really appreciate more detailed feedback and would encourage you to contact me directly on 07823 356711. Clare Wright
Very matey culture. If you’re a yes man you will be fine. Mates get to cheat on easy bookings others don’t see and do what they want. Everyone bar those chosen few get dumped on. Call centre manager is two faced and not to be trusted. Very frustrating atmosphere, could be good but manager ruins it.
Pros
Cons
Managers
11 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. At Jardine Motors Group, we are passionate about supporting every single one of our colleagues and giving them the tools to become the best version of themselves. We have worked incredibly hard to create this inclusive and supportive culture, so if you would like to discuss your feedback on management in more detail, then please contact me directly so that we can make sure you feel fully supported moving forwards.Clare Wright , 07823 356711
Not been with Jardine motors long but my short time here has been a positive experience.Everyone is friendly and welcoming. The 4 day shift is decent with plenty opportunity for overtime.
Pros
The people. Nice environment to work in
Cons
So far nothing negative to say
20 January 2021
I am glad that you have had a positive experience during your first few weeks at JMG and hope this continues. Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review.
Started out as an apprentice and got all the support and guidance that I needed from the company. They have also pushed me and encouraged me through further qualifications using their fantastic facilities that are available. I also feel like the people above me are approachable and I've always felt I can have a honest conversation with them, whatever the situation. We've recently moved to a shift rota, so although the days are longer which can be more tiring, I actually find it very beneficial to have an extra day off each week. Over the years there's been a mix of attitudes and workplace culture hasn't been great. Though I think now this has settled, we have a strong team and the workshop has balanced so now is a positive place to be.
Pros
Extra days off, good holiday amount, solid team
Cons
Longer days, coffee's aren't great
20 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your experiences with Jardine Motors Group; I am sure your training path will be incredibly interesting to those considering a career with JMG!
My experience since joining BMW Milton Keynes has been excellent. You're employed to do a job - employee training, welfare & great benefits are all in place to ensure you are able to & valued. Dealership Management have always been open & supportive. I would rate this business as a great place to work.
20 January 2021
I am glad that you feel so positively about JMG and that you have left this review. It is greatly valued.
Worked for Jardine now for coming up to 3 years, still enjoying it, great place to work and great people. Would recommend them to anyone in the motor trade
Pros
Achievable Bonus, Good Pay, Great benefits
Cons
Can be long hours
20 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review; I am sure that your feedback and recommendation will be invaluable to anyone considering a career with JMG.
Jardine motors group offers amazing benefits including healthcare everyone is friendly and work as a team. There is always plenty of training and support
20 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback; I am glad that you appreciate the training and support on offer.
My experience so far with Jardine Motors Group has been excellent, extremely well organised from my interview to my on boarding process to starting the role. So far so good. I'm looking forward to my career with Jardine Motors Group.
Great dealership network.Great support from senior management Holidays are better than competitors Excellent CEO and HR.I would rate this business the best I have ever worked for.
Pros
Salaries, Holidays, Support and Training
Cons
I started at Jardines as a CC rep. My manager saw my performance on the job and fast tracked me to management. The other team leaders and managers were lazy and only came in for the money. I wanted the department to progress and become more than just a call centre for booking in services, we could of gone into sales and following up service department calls. Unfortunately the department heads lived in the Stone Age and did not believe in innovation. I recently found out that the centre no longer exists which is a shame. I met some great people and due to a few a whole department was closed down. Jardines needs to employ innovative managers that think outside the box. This company can do so much better but I see it no having a fruitful future with current management structure. The management being written about are head office and not site managers. We were a separate department.
Pros
Spacious offices
Cons
A lot
Enjoyable company to work for, great team and fun environment. Lots of training and support available. Nice company benefits as well, would recommend.
I’m saddened to have to give a poor review if I’m honest as the company and the people I work alongside are great. The techs are great lads, my workshop controller and workshop manager are great too, the problem? The after sales manager! The arrogance and bully tactics he displays are totally unacceptable, the way he talks to staff like they’re beneath him is disgusting. I accidentally damaged a car and was told I had to come in on my days off to rectify the issue, unpaid or he would take my monthly wage to pay for it. I’ve looked through my contract etc and it says nothing of this so I will be looking in to this further. He will continually make people well aware he’s the boss with his “do as I say” attitude, he has absolutely no people management skills and he will be in for a shock as two techs have left, more are following.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Arrogant manager and lack of work/life balance.
I worked for a 'person' (gender non specific)!!) who did not know/understand the role. After I had resigned and given a month's notice, I was given an exit interview (on my last day) and was asked if there was anything they could do to keep me! I laughed in the face of the HR person, who I felt could not give a S%$t. What was interesting, they employed 3 people top replace my role!!
Pros
Not much!
Cons
Did not deliver what was promised!
Worst company I have ever worked for, Total joke management think they’re really special when they really really aren’t had been there for a number of years before being manipulated out by new management.Senior non-dealership management should be ashamed of themselves the level of in-house if your face fits is utterly ridiculous.The paperwork is a complete joke the processes are a complete joke and as for JOLIP well what a load of BSTo The directors stop with the Ivory Tower BS you need to be in your dealerships to see what’s going on if you were half of the so called managers wouldn’t be there
Pros
Not a fat lot tbh
Cons
Appalling managers, aloof directors, long hours, ridiculous paperwork
It is an ever changing high paced sales and compliant environment. Whilst working long hours you are rewarded for the effort that you put in. Company benefits are excellent.
Pros
Vehicle expenses
Cons
Was a decent place to work until the new manager took over but i hear she has a reputation so be wary of her if you disagree with her conduct she will do anything to get you out
Cons
The new management
Shocking company, made to feel just a employee number.. managers don’t listen to ideas and clearly have there favourites!! You don’t get career progression unless your a managers favourite! Miles behind other dealers on salary
Cons
Having worked at the company for over three years I can say the I enjoyed my initial three years, after that they employed a complete tyrant as Aftersales Manager who from day one manipulated me out of the business. I was very successful but that did not matter to him. No back up from other managers. They make you feel like you are just a number. I would still be there now if not for the Aftersales manager who left after ruining a great department.
Pros
Cons
At the time great colleagues
Poorly paid considering being based in Cambridge, other companies pay more for the same role elsewhere. But great company and team, made me feel welcome throughout.
8 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback; it is greatly valued.
We aim to be the best motor retailer, as judged by you. The business contains supportive staff, whom are friendly and willing to help wherever possible.
24 February 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback! We’re definite it will prove invaluable to those considering a career with JMG.