Jardine Motors Group

Jardine Motors Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom120 reviews

Insights into Jardine Motors Group

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Process driven

Worked for Jardine for several years before been taken over. Excellent benefits, Jardine look after their staff and are very process driven. Basic Pay could have been better.

Pros

Company benefits Work life balance

Cons

Low pay

Enjoyable Interview Process

Very accessible recruitment process and you’re supported all the way through. The interview questions make you think and encourage you to let yourself shine. I felt like the company genuinely wanted me and that makes a refreshing change!

10 May 2022
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit such positive feedback, I am sure it will provide invaluable to those thinking about applying for a career with JMG! Clare Wright - Group HR Director

I love it

Jardine Motors is a fantastic place to work. I'm a delivery driver, so I'm my own boss most of the day. I love driving, so I really enjoy my role.I feel like Jardine Motors genuinely cares about its staff. My managers are fantastic, I work in a small team, but everyone is very supportive. I get up every day, actually looking forward to going to work. From the dealer principal to my colleagues, to the directors, I feel like I'm a valued member of the team and that my role is just as important as anyone else's. I feel like everyone is treated as an equal. The only thing I would say is that the wages aren't very good.

Pros

Great Perks

Cons

Pay isn't the best

10 May 2022
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit such positive feedback. I am really pleased to hear that you feel supported within your role and you look forward to coming into work. Clare Wright - Group HR Director

Fantastic Company to work for.

I have really enjoyed working for Jardine Motor Group. I would recommend to friends and family! The interview process with Josh and Chris was very professional !

10 May 2022
We really appreciate you taking the time to submit such a positive review. We hope you have a long and rewarding career within JMG.

Great company!

New to the role, from my application to the job offer and my induction everything has been brilliant.No two days are the same, it's a great place to work and so much to learn. Everyone I have met has been super welcoming and supportive. It's always nerve-wracking when joining a new business, my manager has put me at ease and been a great help. The company benefits are good!

10 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I am really pleased to hear that everyone you have met across JMG has been really welcoming. We hope you have a long and successful career within Jardine Motors Group.

Very good place to work, very helpful and supportive staff/management

Very good place to work, very helpful and supportive staff/management and working with very luxurious cars. On top of that, you get very understanding and polite customers

18 February 2022
We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, it will provide a great insight to any future apprentices looking to join JMG! Clare Wright - Group HR Director

Fantastic start with a great company

So glad I chose to come and work for such a great employer. I have been made to feel so welcome and I am really enjoying getting to know people. Everyone is so helpful and I am impressed with the team ethic.

Pros

Birthday Off Annual Leave entitlement

18 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I am really pleased to hear that you have been welcomed into the business and the team ethic stands out. Clare Wright - Group HR Director

Management are clueless

The management from the bottom to the top have no consideration, to the demand they order you to perform at. They offer and promote a free healthcare app - you're going to need it!If you have any issues and talk to HR (CM), these will simply be forewarded on to your dealer principle who doesn't want the paper work and brushes it under the carpet. The same applies to line managers when confronted with work issues.Simply put, management do not follow their own core values - JOLIP. Therefore, a knock-on effect with the rest of the employees...that then equals unhappy customers.Hopefully for my ex colleagues sake, one of the 'top-dogs' will realise their poor management and allow change. Forever raising targets on already unachievable figures.

Pros

Free coffee - no milk

Cons

Unachievable targets Poor management No leadership No integrity Poor pay

11 February 2022
Thank you for leaving feedback. It’s disappointing to hear of your experiences with management and that you felt any concerns raised weren’t managed in the current manner. If you feel comfortable to, I’d appreciate it if you could contact me directly so that I can look into the comments mentioned in your review. Group HR Director - Clare Wright, 07823 356 711

A mismanaged mess of a workplace.

Working for Jardine I.T for 3 years i can tell you it is a mismanaged workplace where the managers are more concerned with how they look rather than employee happiness or recognition, You could make so many positive changes, even working extra to help out with an urgent issue that has popped up but you make one mistake and you will be berated and treat like a child and this will happen even infront of colleagues. Also even if you where promised training and dont get it thus leading to not being able to do your job properly you are at risk of being demoted.(even if you mention your mental health is a factor).The management are hyprocits that enforce you to be prepared for meetings and give time between them so you arrive on time but they will almost always be late.Nothing is even moderated, you will do 40 tickets whilst a team mate does 1. You wont get praise and they wont get pulled aside and queried why they arent doing anything, even if they do nothing will get done off the back of it.Nobody has a clue what anyone is doing at any given point. Additionally they are very sneaky with the saturday shift working, you will be contracted 40 hours however once every so many weeks you will have to work a saturday making it 46 hours but wont be given it back in lieu or pay.People in the same role as you could be earning almost 5-10k more.You could be working there for 3 years with 2 promotions but new starters in the entry level role will be on the same pay almost. (there is a reason they dont like salarys being discussed)there is probably much more i could write but -

Pros

Some really nice colleagues. Benefits are decent.

Cons

Poor Management (basically no management). Poor Salary compared to competitors.

11 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We aim to ensure that all our colleagues feel valued, so I am concerned by your feedback around the culture in our management team. I am also disappointed to read your comment around salaries, as we have done several salary reviews over the past two years within the IT department. If you feel comfortable to do so, I would be grateful if you would contact me directly, so that I can look into your feedback in more detail. Clare Wright Group HR Director 07823 356711

Positive, communicative

As a recent graduate I have been repeatedly impressed by the effort put into my progression from my direct superiors. The workplace culture is very healthy across departments which has allowed me to open up and learn effectively. The structure is very well defined and there are always people looking to help and offer kind words.

Pros

Hybrid working Emphasis on career progression

1 February 2022

Relaxed and supportive place to work.

Since starting at JMG, I have had constant support from my line manager and the wider team I work in. I have been given training so I feel confident in my new role and am challenged. Working from home can sometimes be a struggle but there is constant communication between myself and my colleagues to make me feel supported and listened to.

Pros

Good work-life balance, no weekends, 1 hour lunch break.

Cons

Working from home

11 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I am really pleased you been provided with constant support from your line manager.

Exciting environment although work in my department could be monotonous some days

Overall i enjoyed the work and the atmosphere. Being on the road could be lonely and of course stressful if traffic was bad but that's not the companies fault.

Pros

Drive beautiful cars Calm days at work

Cons

Some unrealistic delivery requirements

Use and abuse

Awful place to work , new management is making it worse just keeps employing people, promises the world, they figure it out and leave, thats the cycle, avoid

Pros

U get to go home at six

Cons

U have to return, until u find anther job

8 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am sorry to hear of your experience, as we aim to treat all colleagues fairly and to ensure they feel valued. It would be great if you could contact me to provide further detail. If you are happy to do so then please call me on 07823 356711 . Thank you, Clare Wright.

Collaborative, fun and welcoming

The company instills a very collaborative approach to all aspects of work. Everyone is very helpful, understanding and "let's solve this" approach.In the short time of being here, I've been really impressed with the general approach of everyone, the onboarding process and the general support you get from all levels of the organisation, definitely recommend.

Pros

excellent working environment

Cons

work/life balance needs to improve.

16 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review; I am sure it will prove incredibly useful to job seekers and I am really pleased to hear about your positive experience.

Becoming the best version of myself

I am truly honoured to work for such an amazing company. Everyday is a busy day which I really enjoy. I’ve been made to feel so welcome and everyone is extremely helpful. Management have been amazing and always check on me to see how I am getting on and if I need any help. I’m looking forward to growing with the company and becoming the best version of myself personally and professionally. I love the companies values and honestly feel like I’ve found where I belong.

Pros

Amazing opportunities to grow

Cons

None!

16 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, it is great to see somebody enjoying the company so much and noting our employee-focused culture.

Great place to work with great people

Having recently joined the company in Sep-21 the last few weeks have been amazing. The warm welcome started from day 1 from everyone I met, and I immediately knew that I had chosen the right company to join that were aligned with my own values.The feeling of empowerment, and flexible approach to managing the workload is refreshing, trustworthy and respectful of the individual.

Pros

Work life balance

24 November 2021

A Real Let Down of a "Luxury" Brand

Generally a dissapointment of a place of work. Have worked for many big companies and this is by far the worst. I would strongly advise anyone with any experience within a Luxury Motor Dealer to avoid Birmingham (Erdington) Land Rover at all costs. Poor management the place is ran like a used car centre NOT a premium brand. Customer complaints from every angle and rightly so. They care about the staff even less than they care about their customers. A terrible experience all round,you only have to look at the customer loyalty programs to see how little they value a customer.

Cons

Expected to work until 8/9/10 at night just so they don't have to employ any more staff

Excellent

From a straight forward interview process to the friendliness of the staff, JMG is a fantastic place to work and grow if getting into the motor industry interests you

Micro management & Lack trust

A place that has a lot to learn and develop in the way of building a healthy working culture. Its a place which decisions are based on a paranoid mindset and poor people skills. The pay for what the executives do is unfair and they treat the management poorly. I really hope that they can get through this difficult time and come out of it with a better way of working, along with a senior management team that balance people and business objectives.

Pros

Good technology

Cons

Management who make poor decisions

Poor management, No culture

It’s a fairly new contact centre that has the potential to blossom but poor management is failing them heavily. Very high staff turnover due to poor management.Other than that, it’s lowkey a fairly easy job if you have prior customer service skills. Just can be mentally draining & frustrating as you find yourself trying to do too many things at once

Pros

I was able to get flexible hours & colleagues were cool people

Cons

Poor management, no real benefits, no clear progression path

Great Company that feels like a family!

I started with the company in May 2019 and was instantly made to feel welcome. It’s a great environment and very talented individuals in the business. Jardine Motors Group have clear set out values and they always do their best to create an work place where their staff can work to those values. I have just recently landed a new job directly for Head Office and I can safely say that it’s the best company/team I have ever worked for.

Pros

Great Collaboration and Opportunity to Progress

26 July 2021
It is great to see you have noticed our progression opportunities and the importance of our staff values. Thank you for taking the time to share this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jardine Motors Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Jardine Motors Group with

• Jardine Motors Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?