Jardine Motors Group

Jardine Motors Group Employee Reviews in Milton Keynes

I’m saddened to have to give a poor review if I’m honest as the company and the people I work alongside are great. The techs are great lads, my workshop controller and workshop manager are great too, the problem? The after sales manager! The arrogance and bully tactics he displays are totally unacceptable, the way he talks to staff like they’re beneath him is disgusting. I accidentally damaged a car and was told I had to come in on my days off to rectify the issue, unpaid or he would take my monthly wage to pay for it. I’ve looked through my contract etc and it says nothing of this so I will be looking in to this further. He will continually make people well aware he’s the boss with his “do as I say” attitude, he has absolutely no people management skills and he will be in for a shock as two techs have left, more are following.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Arrogant manager and lack of work/life balance.
Not been with Jardine motors long but my short time here has been a positive experience.Everyone is friendly and welcoming. The 4 day shift is decent with plenty opportunity for overtime.
Pros
The people. Nice environment to work in
Cons
So far nothing negative to say
20 January 2021
I am glad that you have had a positive experience during your first few weeks at JMG and hope this continues. Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review.
Started out as an apprentice and got all the support and guidance that I needed from the company. They have also pushed me and encouraged me through further qualifications using their fantastic facilities that are available. I also feel like the people above me are approachable and I've always felt I can have a honest conversation with them, whatever the situation. We've recently moved to a shift rota, so although the days are longer which can be more tiring, I actually find it very beneficial to have an extra day off each week. Over the years there's been a mix of attitudes and workplace culture hasn't been great. Though I think now this has settled, we have a strong team and the workshop has balanced so now is a positive place to be.
Pros
Extra days off, good holiday amount, solid team
Cons
Longer days, coffee's aren't great
20 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your experiences with Jardine Motors Group; I am sure your training path will be incredibly interesting to those considering a career with JMG!
My experience since joining BMW Milton Keynes has been excellent. You're employed to do a job - employee training, welfare & great benefits are all in place to ensure you are able to & valued. Dealership Management have always been open & supportive. I would rate this business as a great place to work.
20 January 2021
I am glad that you feel so positively about JMG and that you have left this review. It is greatly valued.
Worked for Jardine now for coming up to 3 years, still enjoying it, great place to work and great people. Would recommend them to anyone in the motor trade
Pros
Achievable Bonus, Good Pay, Great benefits
Cons
Can be long hours
20 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review; I am sure that your feedback and recommendation will be invaluable to anyone considering a career with JMG.
Bonus easy to reach if you work hard and know your write up is on top level. No bonus if you having tea brakes every 30 min. For the last 20 months in the company always hit bonus easyyyy. Management support and workshop control always spot on. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Management is easy to approach and quick to respond in any situation. New shift pattern is a bit challenging, but it's just matter of time to get used to.Training academy is another level out of this world really impressed.
Pros
Achievable bonus and targets. Fair paid overtime. Friendly and professional team
Cons
Shift pattern is a bit confusing sometimes.
20 January 2021
Thank you for leaving this honest and positive review; I am sure the benefits you have highlighted will be very informative to those considering a career with JMG.
Jardine motors group offers amazing benefits including healthcare everyone is friendly and work as a team. There is always plenty of training and support
20 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback; I am glad that you appreciate the training and support on offer.
Having worked at the company for over three years I can say the I enjoyed my initial three years, after that they employed a complete tyrant as Aftersales Manager who from day one manipulated me out of the business. I was very successful but that did not matter to him. No back up from other managers. They make you feel like you are just a number. I would still be there now if not for the Aftersales manager who left after ruining a great department.
Pros
Cons
At the time great colleagues
We aim to be the best motor retailer, as judged by you. The business contains supportive staff, whom are friendly and willing to help wherever possible.
24 February 2020
Thank you for leaving your feedback! We’re definite it will prove invaluable to those considering a career with JMG.
JMG is a well known company around Uk. The company in general offers a good range of employee benefits. Could be much better in terms of management.
31 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback; it is greatly valued.
This is the worst place i have ever worked. Management think they are very special and that we should all bow down to them. They have no respect for their employees, customers or suppliers. I had to leave after been harassed by management too many times, it made my skin crawl.
27 December 2019
Thank you for providing feedback. It’s hugely disappointing to hear of your experiences as they’re not what we would expect to hear from someone who has worked with us. We take allegations of harassment very seriously so please do contact me if you’re open to discussing in more detail or letting us know which site you are referring to.Clare Martin, 07823356711.
you get paid based on how hard you work.Good structure, it is hard work but you do get rewarded, early starts and late finishes are part of this role.
1 October 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and we're extremely committed to providing a better work-life balance wherever possible.
Ever since the day I joined JMG, there's been an extremely positive and professional culture, being a business where you really can see the values (JOLIP*) in action every day. Work-life balance and benefits continue to be focused on and improved regularly, with an exceptional offering including 33 days holiday (including BHs), a company car, discounts portal etc. Open door policy across the business at all levels and focus on continuous personal& professional development, including support in achieving this. *JOLIP - Judgement, Ownership, Leadership, Integrity & Passion
Pros
Culture, career progression, personal development, passionate colleagues
8 April 2019
Thank you for leaving us feedback! I’m definite it will prove invaluable to those considering a career with JMG.Clare Martin
Worked for them for a year in two dealerships. Some good management but more very poor and over promoted ones. Targets set by people in offices completely detached from the shop floor and implemented by managers chasing bonuses. Staff outside the management or 'favoured status' bracket treated poorly with little forethought for practicality or time, 'just do it' a common phrase used. No or little career advancement despite the bumf, so glad to get out as were my fellow workers. If your not making money for them they don't care about you, sales people pressured to sell even if the product isn't wanted or needed.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Poor management
They treat drivers as if they don't matter you aren't a person once employed by Jardines you are a number to them nothing more . They don't mention the big excess should you have a little fender bender in the job description . You're never appreciated but will always be reprimanded if you accidentally do something wrong . Management unfortunately don't have a clue how to run a transport company when it comes to hgv's .
Cons
Completely un supportive. Only interested in how many hours a day you work beyond those which you are paid for. Not interested in any kind of work/life balance. Poor training. No direction and generally not interested in staff
Pros
Cons
Disgusting attitude
Jardine's are working hard to improve their overall working practices and staff benefits. Lots of great people which helps make it a nice place to work.
Cons
Staff can feel under valued
A great company which believes in Doing the right thing by way of their employees, customers and partners. Offers great professional working platform with opportunities galore and industry leading rewards. Sales dept includes 5 Day working week and a genuine focus on work life balance. This is a place you will be proud to tell your family and friends that you are a part of. A company that truly understands that if you want the best people you will have to offer the Best Package - And Jardine delivers just that !
Pros
Always looking to be ahead of the competition
Cons
Can’t think of any
They draw you in saying they'll support you but, then stab you in the back. You're given so much work you cant even breathe. You end up taking work stress home. The pay is laughable. They are ageist. The only good thing was working with some amazing people No Christmas party.
Pros
I got some experience
Cons
When I went to work here for 2 weeks it was amazing. The work place was positive and very productive, you wasn't stood around doing nothing, the people in the work place where friendly and positive and when I was shadowing a mechanic he was very informative and showed me a lot of things, the workplace was also very tidy and it was very spacious.
Pros
positive employees