Jardine Motors Group

Jardine Motors Group Employee Reviews for Technician

Started out as an apprentice and got all the support and guidance that I needed from the company. They have also pushed me and encouraged me through further qualifications using their fantastic facilities that are available. I also feel like the people above me are approachable and I've always felt I can have a honest conversation with them, whatever the situation. We've recently moved to a shift rota, so although the days are longer which can be more tiring, I actually find it very beneficial to have an extra day off each week. Over the years there's been a mix of attitudes and workplace culture hasn't been great. Though I think now this has settled, we have a strong team and the workshop has balanced so now is a positive place to be.
Pros
Extra days off, good holiday amount, solid team
Cons
Longer days, coffee's aren't great
20 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your experiences with Jardine Motors Group; I am sure your training path will be incredibly interesting to those considering a career with JMG!
Bonus easy to reach if you work hard and know your write up is on top level. No bonus if you having tea brakes every 30 min. For the last 20 months in the company always hit bonus easyyyy. Management support and workshop control always spot on. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Management is easy to approach and quick to respond in any situation. New shift pattern is a bit challenging, but it's just matter of time to get used to.Training academy is another level out of this world really impressed.
Pros
Achievable bonus and targets. Fair paid overtime. Friendly and professional team
Cons
Shift pattern is a bit confusing sometimes.
20 January 2021
Thank you for leaving this honest and positive review; I am sure the benefits you have highlighted will be very informative to those considering a career with JMG.
Impossible to hit your targets, also expected to do unpaid overtime on the provisos of hitting your target to find you’ve done 40 hours for nothing. Good set of lads, but managers aren’t the greatest.
Pros
Good workshop
Cons
Unpaid overtime, don’t feel appreciated
Before I started it was looking like an amazing place to work and progress,but when you start actually working you can see that it's not. Some of the staff were moaning as the management said that it will be a different starting time. Everyone looks friendly till you communicate with them,there is no smile on their faces, everyone is miserable, everyone talks behind each others back it's like a soap TV series. Some of the service staff they don't have a clue of vehicle parts and service,even a driving license but they were service or parts advisors,that makes you think a lot .
Pros
Training center is state of the art
Cons
Management, work ethic
18 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.It’s disappointing to hear of your experiences. We're always listening to feedback & making improvements, so we hope one day you may consider joining us again and benefiting from this.