JCB

JCB Employee Reviews

United Kingdom220 reviews

canteenladagencycontractholidaycolleagueovertimelong

Poor Management

Poorly Managed. Health and well being not considered at all. Will happily work men into the ground as long as they get machines out they just don't care. Lads i work with are really nice just need to take a long hard look at the management structure.

Worst place I have ever worked.

I wouldn’t make my worst enemy work here it’s that bad. Management don’t care about anything and love the blame game, comes down from the top and ends with the people at the bottom. If you don’t suffer from depression you will do after a month at this place. It’s like being back at school and if you make more than 2 drinks in a day then you get comments made about you not being at your desk. Zero trust and if you have any other commitments then tough as they won’t allow any flexibility. Just generally a terrible place to work that is so far behind the times it’s untrue.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, poor flexibility, pay is terrible. Be prepared to ruin your life if you go here

Insights into JCB

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Unappreciated

Way too many team leaders. No appreciation for hard workers, if your face fits or your a mate or related then you're ok. With cost of fuel, no longer worth the distance travelling. Hardly any overtime to make up wage...always capped. Agency staff treated very differently than contracted staff. Union are useless .

Pros

Good wage if a Welder on contract

Cons

Fuel costs, Hardly any overtime.

Productive workplace and to learn as well

Job it was the most stable job I had, I just quit (with open doors) because family problems, cancer, otherwise I would be still there for sure.Work there was fast paced with the breaks its very doable, you can take you own pace if not working in the production line, and even the production line, you have time to do your jobs and rest 2 min or clean your mask or so ever.I recommend this place to work.If I have opportunity maybe I'll try to join again.

Interesting Job at times

Not a bad job, pay is decent although agency get paid far less than their permanent counter parts.10 hour shifts with early finishes on a Friday aren't too bad.With so many factories and many varying jobs/shifts etc it is difficult to give JCB a fair review as experiences vary so much.Contracts can be difficult to acquire.

Better than most if not all places to work around here. Until you try something else i.e any of the million warehouses around here, you dont realise howgood it is. I would go back !!

Amazing people to work with, great jobs, organisation could be better and improved

Amazing people to work with, there are great jobs there, the pay is also great and the opportunity’s never end, but organisation could be much in proved though

Pros

Salary

Cons

Organisation

Former production operator

Worked in the axle dept. Poor training, operators reluctant to show you anything or train you. Poor management, look down on you. Factory looks good from the outside but inside it’s a dump, old engineering factory with old machines!

Under paid and waste of time

Very underpaid work, 20 years ago it would of been alright.Everyday is a struggle, rush and just absolute chaos and not a manager/team leader/ group leader in site. There is no progression or encouragement at the work place.

Simply never work here

By far the worst place I've worked in my life, your treated with utter disrespect if your face doesn't fit or you have family on there, I'd rather watch paint dry than work here again, and another thing if you don't suffer with depression working here you'll be sure to get it

Very productive and faced paced

JCB is a hard task master but pay well. If you are a resilient person you will be okay. It is fast paced and at times the management think they own your life. They will put on people who are week willed. They really need to change their leadership skills to people focused if they are going to flourish in the next decade.

Pros

Life int

Cons

Long hours and they think they own your life.

Shocking pay / management

Pay shocking for what you do , required to do every last bit of over time or it’s your job in the line. Management are a disgrace they have no idea Of anything or care about you

Pros

Cons

Jcb

Just a really good experience all round. Work could be tough at times but the culture was great

Had a great few months there, work colleagues were more like family and were really helpful. Learnt a lot. Overall just a great time. Would certainly recommend it to others.

Good work place

Hard repetitive work but good money. Training is given. The work conditions are good. Usually over time is available. A company what can offer a stability .

worst place i have ever worked

management have zero people skills and are extremely rude . very little training expect you to just get on with it, then pull you up an mistakes that were made by someone a month before you even worked there. very little organisation. a depressing environment to work in. Not enough facilities for staff, factory is old fashioned and quite dangerous. Daily commute interesting Tokyo drift comes to mind

Pros

free parking if you can find a space

Best job i've had

Very productive and very relaxed place to work in. No stress no pressure,just aim to to the targets you've been asked for. Good food in a very clean environment

This is the worst place I have ever worked in my life

Minimal to no training on rolls and the management just like to walk about shouting at people you will be told to do sumthing by one manager to then have anther come lose it at you for doing that it's incredibly toxic work place only job I've ever walked out of

Pros

You get a bit more holiday Tim than most other places

Cons

Long hours abusive manegment server bullying culture

Cheadle JCB was a pleasure to work for, friendly colleagues, good rate of pay

Enjoyed my time at JCB, pay was good, overtime was endless before Christmas, colleagues were good lads/ladies.Would recommend if you’re not shy of doing work

Pros

Hot food canteen, weekly pay, holiday pay averages over the amount of overtime you do, training provided, hands on, Half day Friday. 1st break is paid. Any overtime Monday-Saturday is 1 1/2 pay, Sunday double pay.

Cons

The commute for me was too long when they cut overtime due to supply issues, depending on your area some are much more physically demanding than others.

All fellow employees very nice to work with.

Overall okay place to work out but jcb as a successful business the place is ran very weirdly and is confusing to get your head around but wages were decent and people all good to work with.

Pros

Wages, fellow employees

Cons

It was more about some of the people I met and worked alongside.

There was a certain amount of job satisfaction from achieving the end goal and getting the customer back up and running. The time and effort that went into this was sometimes high.

Pros

If you enjoy and feel good about giving your all and only being rewarded with an average salary, then this is definitely 100%, the place for you.....

Cons

Expected long hours. No personal flexibility. Petty, vindictive management that is encouraged by senior management.

As an flt op i can say they use half broken equipment that bearly is legal to use.

Hard place to work in, little to non training in the role, down the line if u still there ur are given more and more tasks to keep up with, with so colled " favors " from the group liders when other loot is not puting their back into their work.

Pros

Decent pay, easy to get into place

Cons

Little to non training, can be toxic place if u land in a buddied place, dramaticly bad state of equipment u use

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JCB. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement