JCT600
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

JCT600 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom75 reviews

Straight forward and mainly stress free

I am Enjoying my role after 12 months employment .Usually fairly straightforward, apart from hassles caused by lack of communication between the dealerships

Productive and fun most of the time there's something new each day.

On an average day things go smooth but sometimes there can be slower days where I am searing for stuff to do but mostly I am quite busy. Sometimes there is some great opportunities to push myself harder but sometimes I feel like it's a constant never ending cycle perhaps a lack of work-life balance

Pros

Long lunch, flexible with personal life. Management easy to talk to.

Cons

Limited benefits

Insights into JCT600

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Good company to work for

Enjoyed my time with JCT600. Unfortunately cut short by the on set of Covid in 2020. I did have a job to go back to luckily but it had changed somewhat

Productive and fun

Good workplace , good staff , pay is fair and good if you live close , fairly organised , good laugh

Over worked and u der paid

Not the best place to work, always wanting more from there employees, unattainable targets that rise yearly, poor pay for what is expected, pressured to do overtime and more to hit targets.

This company is the best I have worked for. I feel supported and valued

Very happy to be part of the company. I'm always allowed to make my own decisions. My manager is the best I have worked for. I have met all of senior management and I feel I can be myself.

Pros

Valued.

Bad management

Jct600 are ok ,most of the staff are lovely but management are vile especially at hull van centre, I’ve worked there 6 years and it turns out you are just a pay roll number, avoid at all cost

Pros

Not sure

Cons

Again not sure

Great Place to Work

i've worked for JCT600 for 6 years now and I can honestly say I've never felt so privileged to do so. After working for another large Group for 10 years i felt it would be impossible to match their approach to their staff, how wrong was I!! During my time at JCT600 I've seen so many changes and most have been in order to bring a positive change based on staff and customer feedback. The transition from where they were when i started is incredible. Their staff oriented approach is really driven from top - and during my time i have always been encouraged to have very open conversations with the main board, divisional Directors and my Head of Business and i've never felt judged when doing so. I can honestly say i work for the best Group in the UK and by a country mile, where the balance to have financial success is mirrored with the need to be happy at work as well, and this is never at the detriment of one or the other. If you need anymore positives, i can tell you that I recently handed in my notice to explore a new life in Dubai but i just couldn't go through with it. The way i'm treated at JCT600 has simply meant i don't want to risk working anywhere else. period. I'm delighted to say they welcomed my decision to stay with open arms and with no judgement. I was terrified that people might think poorly of me that I'd messed them around after all they've done for me but everyone has been amazing and extremely supportive. Little did I know joining JCT600 some 6 years ago, that I’d go on a personal journey of discovery, not only as a Manager, but as a husband, father, son, -

Pros

Training, support and work life Balance

Cons

Very few

Collaborative, thoughtful and supportive.

I have found Jct600 VLS to be an extremely supportive environment where the people are valued. Our MD regularly communicates with the team offering support, feedback and updates that are invaluable to making it feel as though we are all working together for the same goals and with similar values. It is a really collaborative environment with lots of different personalities and ideas but they are all brought together through these values to achieve something really special for our customers. I Have found having a good work life balance is actively encouraged and we are offered very transparent and open communications across all levels of management.At JCT600 VLS we also benefit from JCT600s group wide L&D and wellbeing initiatives giving access to constant learning opportunities and also self care support such as Yoga, Mental health first aiders, courses for dealing with stress etc. It is made really clear by JCT600 VLS and the wider group that no one is ever alone and there is support available for almost anything we could need. The holidays and benefits have been marked down slightly as I feel they could be improved in comparison to some companies who would be considered a Best Place to Work BUT in all honesty, the team, the ethos and the values that run through the "JCT600 VLS Family" are, in my opinion, unrivalled.

Pros

The Team, Support

Amazing company - truly the Best Place to Work!

For me, JCT600 have always been an incredible company to work for - At Audi York we strive for excellence and bring the company values to life!I started in 2007 and have literally never looked back - I started as a Sales Executive at Peugeot Hull and have developed via many of the JCT600 development programs and finally arrived in my dream job as Head of Business.At JCT600 you will feel valued and respected, have an amazing opportunity to improve and develop whilst also being encouraged to be yourself!

Pros

Amazing development and internal opportunities to grow into bigger roles!

Great Company

Good team atmosphere. Everyone is treated like family. The fast pace means your day goes quickly and it is great to build long standing relationships with loyal customers

Enjoyable work place

On the job training and support is brilliant. The staff are brilliant, supportive and honest boss. Work can be fast pace but really enjoyable. Pay could be better but it's not the worst. As a receptionist I have learnt from the different departments which is great as I have a rounder understanding of how things work. I really enjoy working there. As any job I have bad days but the people and the good days definitely out way the bad. You get recognition for hard work. Best decision I made was moving to JCT600, Even from the head office you get lots of support.

Pros

Great people, opportunity to progress, lots of support and understanding.

Proud to be a JCT600 colleague...

JCT600 is the only company I have worked for where well-being is put at the forefront of the daily sales operation. The company is supportive of all colleagues and has shown exemplary leadership during the pandemic with no one left behind. Progression and development is actively encourage and is not a false promise but a process there to make sure you are as prepared as possible when progression does happen. I feel valued and proud to be a member of the team.

Pros

Well-being support, valued colleagues, TRUSTED culture

Fantastic

The best company I have worked for. They provide an amazing well-being program/support. The management is incredible, they are very thorough with training and listen well to your needs/requirements. Everyday, I am happy and excited to go to work, I love it!

Best Company I have Ever Worked For

I am writing this review to express my feelings on working for JCT600. After many roles for various companies, I have never worked for anywhere that has felt quite so inclusive. I work as part of a newly established team offsite. There are various factors that make me want to succeed in my role but these mainly filter down from management and senior management, right up to the board of directors that visit regularly. We as colleagues are made to feel included and whilst we work for a large company the family values are definitely apparent. Progression is highlighted and paths are developed, I feel that my manager has helped this wholly. JCT600 is a great company to work for, I am full of support for them and even recommended a friend to work here also.

Pros

Supportive Management

Pressured environment

After working at multiple JCT600 sites the gap in pay is disgraceful. Work for a prestige manufacturer and earn 3 times the money compared to volume brands. The environment is a good place, which it has to be when you’re still working 6 days a week. Given one day off through the week, if you don’t get a call or emails on your day off is another question. Basic salary hasn’t increased while I’ve been there, left behind by the rest of the industry at £15,000 a year while the pay plans and commission structure gets shifted and worsened year after year. The job is harder than ever with the changing market, but you’re still judged against the standards from years ago if not to a higher standard.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

Long hours, Pay structure, work life balance

Say yes and you’ll go far

Too many “Managers” saying yes above to Directors, they don’t care about your personal life, lots of phone calls on annual leave when they could’ve waited. If your face fits you can turn up whenever you want, otherwise be there prompt. Great values from the Head Office but these are not practised at dealer level, minimal director engagement at sites.

Cons

Undervalued unless you say yes to everything

Your just a number

A company that prioritises their profit above the welfare of their staff members.Colleagues are bullied into leaving good reviews of the company every year, everyone wants to leave. A penny pinching pay plan. I have never felt less rewarded for my work in any other business.

Cons

Productive, good friendly place to work

Being at jct for nearly 3 years now and never looked back. I see a lot of mixed reviews about the company like any other big company they employ a lot of people.. and not everyone complies to rules and wants an easy life.. but unfortunately we have to work hard for what we want it life why should they pay you to see your face and let everyone else pick up your slack? Every head matters at jct and when one person is down it all has a knock on effect cause stress for themselves and other people along side. They compensate well for your hours worked and scratch your back if you do theirs. Some people do not understand this and just do not want to give but want everything in return which again has a knock on effect to others. Very good team now everyone in the right place to go forward in 2021 and as for myself I will continue my journey with jct and hope to be apart of welcoming other people to the business that want to do well for themselves and make the work team stronger.

Pros

Job security, friendly team. 100% pay in 1st lockdown when off!!

Cons

Can be busy sometimes long hours

Not the best place to work

I just could not recommend this company , the company is ran by accountants , and the feeling you get, is you should pay them to work for them , hours are long , my manager was unapproachable and poor , other mangers where ok , there has been a huge turn over of staff from the business opening with only a few original persons still there , which says it all

Pros

Cons

The worst working experience I have had

Official response from JCT600

8 December 2020
As always thank you for taking the time to leave this review, we are however really disappointed that you feel this way after leaving the business. This year has been an extremely difficult year for everyone and we have done so much to make everyone at JCT600 happy, including paying everyone 100% during the first lockdown. If you want to discuss this further please feel free to contact Head Office.

If your face doesn't fit, you won't get far

Working here for just a short time really made me appreciate leaving. Nothing but bully's for managers and unless you didn't carry out the tasks their way. There was instant tension. (of course you have to do the job safely and properly but not the point I'm trying to make) Didn't enjoy my experience with the volkswagen group. Only decent people were the techs on shopfloor. The pay was brilliant but not worth the hassle. Look elsewhere or you will turn grey early. Looks clean but attitude is disgusting

Pros

Good money that's it!

Cons

Bullying management, bad atmosphere, feel like a number or cattle in the abattoir line

Official response from JCT600

12 November 2020
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It’s extremely disappointing that these points were not raised in your exit interview as this would be something we could have explored and addressed straight away. It’s very rare that we receive this type of feedback in a review and we would love the opportunity to address the issues you have pointed out. We would welcome you to contact the group Recruitment Manager or a member of the HR Team to discuss your comments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JCT600. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare JCT600 with

• JCT600
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?