Jenkinsons Caterers

Jenkinsons Caterers Employee Reviews

Waitress

Although working at wedding venues are hard craft and you’re always on your feet, the time easily flies by and before you know it the day is done. The work is very sociable and perfect for someone who likes working in a friendly environment. I really enjoyed my time with jenkinsons and even met my partner who I’ve been with 3 years now. I wish I could turn back the time and work here again as they were such good times.

Pros

Free dinner and evening food.

Cons

Long hours on your feet. Seasonal work, not many shift in January-March which is what caused me to leave.

good place to work

good place to work very friendly colleauges and this created a healthy working environment to deliver under pressure to fulfil the companys objectives.

Stressful workplace with poor work ethic

No work/life balance at all. They choose the hours, you don't have a say. Overworked for what they pay you on a zero hour contract. You would start work at 12pm and finish at 2am. Managers have an excessively high opinion of themselves and have their 'favourites', they have to like you in order to progress and be commended, no matter if you did your job excellently or worked to your hearts content which is truly disgusting. issues/mistakes that occurred were exaggerated by managers, especially if you were not liked, no patience from them when learning the job. Its very unfortunate that the management acts like this as some of the people work there are truly lovely.

Awful company

These have to be the worst company I have ever worked for as there is not work/ life balance . You will finish work at 2 in the morning and then be expected to be back in work early the next morning

Pros

Cons

No time to your self as that under staffed

All or nothing

You'll be forced to work the hours they want or none at all, when your a hard loyal worker you dont get rewarded, basically like working for an agency

Very Productive

Since working for the Company at Jenkinsons, I have learned so much & They are very good on helping you Progress . Plenty of Training Available.......

Pros

Progression

Cons

Some Hours may be Unsociable

Good Workplace with lots of variety

Overall a good company to work for. Hours and shifts can be varied but generally the company is very flexible. Shifts can be long but I like the longer shifts to get more money. A lot of shifts are at really nice wedding venues and generally the working environment is very good. Most managers are helpful and hands on which you don't always find in other jobs. Staff are helpful and there is a great variety in work. Negatives is in the winter months there isn't much work available.

Pros

Good working environment and friendly team, variety in work and long hours

Cons

quieter periods in the winter months meaning not alot of work available

Good working environment with friendly collegues

Excellent for working hours when in season. Work dries up out of season. Travelling distance is also a requirement with transport reliably provided. Management work to the highest of standards and will take care of you if you demonstrate work commitment. The staff are easy to get on with

Pros

food provision during long shifts

Cons

seasonal

Over worked, under valued

Jenkinsons is great for people without commitments as in the summer you can get lots of work if you are prepared to work anywhere and up to 90 hours a week. The work drops off in the winter but if you are willing to drive staff to venues you can work up to 40 hours a week in the winter. Don't expect weekends off. This is mainly working at weddings and racecourses so it's mainly weekend work. The negatives. Long time spent on transport that has no air conditioning and some have no heating so you can almost freeze in the winter. The managers care little for anyone other than their favourites, you could be amazing at your job but if you work really hard and do an amazing job if you aren't in the clic you won;t get anywhere. The Managing director has to like you. It's very disheartening to work so hard not to be appreciated or treated well. The chefs often shout at you and you will be lucky to get a break and the transport manager is horrid to most staff and she makes people feel uncomfortable at work. Lisa is the best manager to work for and will always make you feel appreciated.

Okay but management could improve

I started working at blistshill museum around 2 years ago and it was great, free lunch and friendly people. The issues is that two of the managers would shout a lot about such silly things, and they would do this in front of customers. One of these managers was inappropriate towards female coworkers, occasionally slapping them with tea towels and making rude statements. The best part of working there was doing weddings, although it was long hours.

Pros

Friendly Coworkers

Cons

Rude Management, Long Hours

Fun place to work

Challenging job cause off getting the food served to the guests on time and also making sure the guests get the right plate of food eg if they have any dietary requirements also making sure we can complete the work in the time scale

Pros

Couple of breaks during the day

Cons

Anything from 3-4 hours to 10-14

Good atmoshphere

It's an okay place to work. Managers don't care and expect too much from their staff whilst giving nothing back. Makes you overworked and underpaid...

Pros

Free food

Cons

Everything else.

not bad

i learnt how to hold 3 plates at the same time i also worked different hours i never knew what hours i would be working until the week before i got a free meal every shift i worked

Enjoyed working here as I got to learn skills for serving customers their meals, also got the opportunity of meeting celebrities. The company was very good to work for.

Pros

Learn new skills

Cons

Long days

N/a

Waiting on guests at weddings. I have developed my communication and team working skills. The hardest part of job was the 12 hour shifts. Most enjoyable part was learning new skills and developing as a person.

Pros

working with the public and a great team.

Productive and busy workplace.

I did work experience here in March earlier this year. My position was a waitress. I served customers food and drink. I was also responsible for clearing up after the event. The employees there were great and very friendly. I most enjoyable part of the job was making sure customers were happy. The most hardest was clearing up. I learnt many skills like setting up tables and learning how to serve food up properly.

Pros

Being Paid

Cons

Long Hours

Fun experiance's.

If you enjoy late nights and lovely company then this is the job for you, the staff are wonderful, the catering is lovely. It for me was an all around great experience, I love catering.

Pros

Free Lunches/Drinks.

Cons

Long hours, long distances.

very warm welcoming work place

a brilliant, fun place to work with amazing employees. suitable placement and only a short walk from the train station it really is the idea place to work with great venues.

Rewarding job

A typical day at work includes laying tables, greeting guests, waiting tables, serving behind the bar, clearing up. I have had training in silver service and customer service. It is a very demanding job with long hours, but rewarding.

Pros

Free meals

Excellent first job

Taught me the realities of working life, motivated management and staff with excellent team work. Bought diversity to the workplace and also was bar trained and gained silver service experience.

Pros

Flexible hours

Productive and Fun Workplace

I had lots of fun and a great experience during the Southport Flower Show, I would recommend applying for a job with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jenkinsons Caterers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement