Jet2.com

Jet2.com Employee Reviews

United Kingdom322 reviews

jetcomunsociableairportpassengerfavouriteprogressionpatternflight

Okay

Looks after there customers great I must say. Do go through a sacking stage with lots in one go. But colleagues are great, not much discount on holidays for staff. But is a fait job, some management are unprofessionalanf supervisors are okay.

Meh

For the most part, it was an enjoyable job, which was mainly because of my colleagues. The job itself was physically demanding and shift patterns weren’t the best. Management was poor, however i met some great people whilst working there

Insights into Jet2.com

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Fast paced

Management poor, managers are extremely biased towards certain people and they usually make the same people do the fun stuff like boarding rather than change it up.

Cons

Long hours no paid lunch

Great people but limited support

Lots of great people and team leaders however when settled in very limited support and kind of just left to it unless an error is picked up you wouldn’t really be sure what is correct or not

Hard work

An company that’s innovative, the company care about there staff… managers are respectful and pay is great. However, Very long hours, rude colleagues, harsh pre flight briefings. Benefits of the job are great; but the job itself not so much

Pros

Pay, commission, annual leave

Cons

Long hours, have to revise unpaid, colleagues often rude

Don't waste your time

Favouritism is massive, it's one rule for one person and one rule for another. Uniform standards are ridiculous including rules on make up, nails, hair and ear piercings. Long shifts, crazy hours that we are extremely underpaid for. Unprofessional work environment, management are never around and when they are they talk down to you and make you feel as though you're being punished for minor mistakes even as a new starter.

Good job

Good job Good staff.Can be hard work at times.Can be long shifts but get used to them.Good pay for the workload.Good team to work with aswell.Would deffo recommend

Only good if you live with your parents still.

For three months of the year you don’t earn any money at all, yes the money is good during summer season but it doesn’t make up for the lack of income the rest of the year. You rarely work with the same people as there are so many staff.No recognition for good work, they base promotions on lack of sick days etc instead. ALOT of gossiping between staff and issues. Unsociable hours - during summer you can check out in the early hours and be expected to be back in the same day as minimum rest does not cover your travel times or arriving for parking, security etcLong hours (12-16 hours)Have to take the majority of your holiday entitlement during the winter (Nov-April) and you can’t book more than 5 days in the SummerWould suit young people with no commitments but it’s not a long term career.

Pros

Non - you don’t even get discounted flights

Cons

See above

Don't do it

The shift patterns are all over the place, I end up working 20 hours over 5 days, it's rubbish. the pay is rubbish for the amount of responsibility your given, too many managers giving different instructions, you're pulled up about the minor issues. Some staff don't give a s**t and break rules in front of managers and get away with it while others who do the same are dragged over the coals. You're just a number. There is massive staff turnover because of the c**p shift patterns, low wages, and no social life.

Pros

Varied job

Cons

Hours, pay, management, shift patterns

Bad management

Management don't care about staff, they treat you like your a number, they have no respect for you when you ask them for help, half of them stand there all day and just watch you struggle

Good place

Good team and managers, fun workplace, the roles are always hybrid so two days in office for head office. No complaints for the job you get the support you need,

Good Place To Work

Over the past 4 and a half years I have developed with the help of my colleagues and management.We have a good laugh before and after but we do work when we start, the hours are long and we do start early for example 3am starts.There are good benefits involved and a good chance to progress within the company.

Good and bad but mostly bad

Salary good but they take their pound of flesh. Nice colleagues but terrible managers.Not allowed to voice any negative opinions, ever.No regular one to ones and if you do have one, they use it to tell you off for some minor infraction from weeks or months ago.Lots of unpaid overtime. No training or development; managers don’t have time for that. You learn your job from your colleagues.They say lots of progressions opportunities, don’t believe it- there are none. These go to yes people.Too many cliques, favouritism, and bullying managers. Also nepotism. No communication from managers unless it is to tell you off for something.Not much positive feedback at all. This could be a great job but it is ruined by bad management and the constant worry that the contract would not be renewed for another season. They talk a good game and look after the guests very well but they don’t give a hoot for the staff.Don’t do it, you’ll be worked into the ground.

Just An Amazing Experience

I really enjoyed my time at Jet2 And Jet2.com Holidays over the summer.Every team member goes the extra mile to give customers an outstanding experience. I learned a lot about airlines and holidays.Hopefully, I will go back one day. The training is exceptional, and you are supported throughout. The management team helped me through my journey every step of the way.I also met inspiring colleagues to learn from, who gave me their support, help and knowledge without hesitation.This is a fast-paced industry and a growing company with high standards. Work hard, and care, and you will learn life-changing skills. I was proud to be an employee and continue to be a customer.

If you face doesn’t fit don’t bother

Rubbish pay for the job you do, management change shifts with less than 24 hrs notice with no regard for other commitments.Your fine if your face fits

Stressful & toxic environment

Poor management and unfriendly colleagues. Long and unsociable hours with shift work. Constantly tired and restricted on free time. Hard to get any time off.

Pros

long breaks

Cons

long hours & unsociable hours

Fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment. MASSIVE BLAME CULTURE

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed working with my fellow dispatchers- they really were a good bunch! The actual work was quite fun and came with a lot challenges but it was fulfilling seeing the plane you just dispatched take-off. Pay was actually very decent and higher than most other dispatch jobs. Now the negatives.... and no, it's not the early's or the 2am finishes! it would go to the blame culture which is so prevalent in this company. nothing good is recorded but as soon as you do the smallest thing wrong, it will be recorded and kept on file. Managers were very rude and often treat staff with 0 respect- it would be standard practise to shout/be patronising/be rude towards colleagues especially when there were stressful situations. Several occasions also heard one manager use highly offensive and derogatory language which I cannot mention here.

Pros

Pay, colleagues super nice, good perks, rewarding job

Cons

Long hours and truly dreadful management

Bad job

this is the worst job ever just letting everyone know this is at BIRMIMGHAM AIRPORT) Staff treats you bad & you get spoken to like it. Prepare to have no life with these hours. 3-3 having no choice to do it, having contract change without having my permission. Managers-duty managers are awful complained to them all the time about staff. Staff are rude at you when something don’t go there way, getting taken the mic out of. Someone making you do all the work whilst he sits in the office all day doing nothing. Pay is bad for the job you actually do. Plus they get rid of you at Christmas as there’s apparently “no flights” then have you back mid feb. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Love my job

It’s hard work but you get the support and rewards in return! Excellent team leader motivating always. Quality equipment and tools available and training to commence role interesting and relevant

Pros

Excellent support

Cons

Few tech issues but resolved quickly

Toxic place to avoid

Very bad environment, underpaid for the mole of work. Crew are always on the edge because they’re too tired and the morale is consequently very low. Lack of real support, a lot of lies from management, overall unloyal company towards employees. Lack of stability. There are are much better airlines to work for that are giving permanent contracts and stability and the environment is lovely. Jet2 has the sneakiest people you could even find. Not recommended at all.

Pros

Cons

Stress, anxiety, lack of stability, underpaid, toxic environment.

Fast paced workplace

It is a good job if you like to know your rota and availability months ahead of time. The 3 days on 3 days off is good. The staff are friendly. Just be prepared for a stressful work environment sometimes especially during summer months but that is to be expected with any airline. The rest of the year is a lot more calmer. Salary is good if you compared it to the amount of days a month which would total to 16 days each month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jet2.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Jet2.com with

• Jet2.com
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?