Jet2.com
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Jet2.com Employee Reviews

United Kingdom311 reviews

jetcomunsociableairportpassengerfavouriteprogressionpatternflight

If you face doesn’t fit don’t bother

Rubbish pay for the job you do, management change shifts with less than 24 hrs notice with no regard for other commitments.Your fine if your face fits

Good Place To Work

Over the past 4 and a half years I have developed with the help of my colleagues and management.We have a good laugh before and after but we do work when we start, the hours are long and we do start early for example 3am starts.There are good benefits involved and a good chance to progress within the company.

Insights into Jet2.com

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good and bad but mostly bad

Salary good but they take their pound of flesh. Nice colleagues but terrible managers.Not allowed to voice any negative opinions, ever.No regular one to ones and if you do have one, they use it to tell you off for some minor infraction from weeks or months ago.Lots of unpaid overtime. No training or development; managers don’t have time for that. You learn your job from your colleagues.They say lots of progressions opportunities, don’t believe it- there are none. These go to yes people.Too many cliques, favouritism, and bullying managers. Also nepotism. No communication from managers unless it is to tell you off for something.Not much positive feedback at all. This could be a great job but it is ruined by bad management and the constant worry that the contract would not be renewed for another season. They talk a good game and look after the guests very well but they don’t give a hoot for the staff.Don’t do it, you’ll be worked into the ground.

Just An Amazing Experience

I really enjoyed my time at Jet2 And Jet2.com Holidays over the summer.Every team member goes the extra mile to give customers an outstanding experience. I learned a lot about airlines and holidays.Hopefully, I will go back one day. The training is exceptional, and you are supported throughout. The management team helped me through my journey every step of the way.I also met inspiring colleagues to learn from, who gave me their support, help and knowledge without hesitation.This is a fast-paced industry and a growing company with high standards. Work hard, and care, and you will learn life-changing skills. I was proud to be an employee and continue to be a customer.

Stressful & toxic environment

Poor management and unfriendly colleagues. Long and unsociable hours with shift work. Constantly tired and restricted on free time. Hard to get any time off.

Pros

long breaks

Cons

long hours & unsociable hours

Fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment. MASSIVE BLAME CULTURE

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed working with my fellow dispatchers- they really were a good bunch! The actual work was quite fun and came with a lot challenges but it was fulfilling seeing the plane you just dispatched take-off. Pay was actually very decent and higher than most other dispatch jobs. Now the negatives.... and no, it's not the early's or the 2am finishes! it would go to the blame culture which is so prevalent in this company. nothing good is recorded but as soon as you do the smallest thing wrong, it will be recorded and kept on file. Managers were very rude and often treat staff with 0 respect- it would be standard practise to shout/be patronising/be rude towards colleagues especially when there were stressful situations. Several occasions also heard one manager use highly offensive and derogatory language which I cannot mention here.

Pros

Pay, colleagues super nice, good perks, rewarding job

Cons

Long hours and truly dreadful management

Bad job

this is the worst job ever just letting everyone know this is at BIRMIMGHAM AIRPORT) Staff treats you bad & you get spoken to like it. Prepare to have no life with these hours. 3-3 having no choice to do it, having contract change without having my permission. Managers-duty managers are awful complained to them all the time about staff. Staff are rude at you when something don’t go there way, getting taken the mic out of. Someone making you do all the work whilst he sits in the office all day doing nothing. Pay is bad for the job you actually do. Plus they get rid of you at Christmas as there’s apparently “no flights” then have you back mid feb. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Love my job

It’s hard work but you get the support and rewards in return! Excellent team leader motivating always. Quality equipment and tools available and training to commence role interesting and relevant

Pros

Excellent support

Cons

Few tech issues but resolved quickly

Toxic place to avoid

Very bad environment, underpaid for the mole of work. Crew are always on the edge because they’re too tired and the morale is consequently very low. Lack of real support, a lot of lies from management, overall unloyal company towards employees. Lack of stability. There are are much better airlines to work for that are giving permanent contracts and stability and the environment is lovely. Jet2 has the sneakiest people you could even find. Not recommended at all.

Pros

Cons

Stress, anxiety, lack of stability, underpaid, toxic environment.

Fast paced workplace

It is a good job if you like to know your rota and availability months ahead of time. The 3 days on 3 days off is good. The staff are friendly. Just be prepared for a stressful work environment sometimes especially during summer months but that is to be expected with any airline. The rest of the year is a lot more calmer. Salary is good if you compared it to the amount of days a month which would total to 16 days each month.

Travel advisor in contact centre

Very busy , constantly working not very good work life balance as you never have two days off together unless you’re one of the lucky if you get the hours that you ask for in recruitment so it can feel like constantly working No breaks in between callsMonitored on your breaks and times on calls everything is timed on a system that requires constant checking and it’s all about stats rather then individuals and customers journey wouldn’t recommend wish I had more honest review before accepting role.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Long hours and days short breaks no work life balance all about stats

Fun workplace

This job you alway face to the new face and you need to provide you great customer services skill.Most of the colleges is nice and helpful. Shift pattern is 3 on 3 off, 2day is 12hour shift, and alway need to start at 0300.

Meat grinder

Rubbish intermediate management - Malicious gossip is their way of managing - rank attained by heel height and shade of lipstick. Honestly . I've worked for some places where the intermediate management ( who've worked there for years before getting promotion ) were rubbish but Jet 2's floor management with one or two VERY good examples are outshone by people who have no people skills and have built their whole life around the slippery slope of becoming a "supervisor". Twenty three year old diminutive school drop outs don't cut the mustard with me. Dreadfully underhand place where if you do happen to outshine them, they'll make something up to knock you down- malicious gossip being the norm. Forget this about everyone being so NICE....... I'll leave it at that.

Waste of time

No work life balance, managers always checking up on you. Long hours and you can never take holiday as there are always calls in the queue.The only positive I can think of is you work from home Dont bother if you value your sanity

Productive and fun workplace

Staff are very friendly and kind workplace is clean and spacious if you are weak than this job isn’t for you because you have to lift bags upto 32kg but overall a fun job

Fun place to work , meeting new people and learning about how the airline works

The job can be enjoyable depending who’s on shift . Seeing customers and making there experience good it’s satisfying. But management is shocking and can easily ruin the mood and day . You can do everything right and it still be wrong . The wages are never correct and always chasing money. Trying to take annual leave is mission impossible unless you are a management buddy . Try eating your dinner after being on shift for only a couple of hours and then you go another 8hours without eating as they send you for your dinner once check inn closes rather than balancing it out for everyone in the day . Overall the job is fun and enjoyable.Could do with management looked at , maybe there wouldn’t be such a high turn over in staff if they was treated with respect and appreciated. This is the only company that could watch the operation go to s**t and just stand and watch and then moan that it’s not good enough, instead of getting of getting involved and helping out .

No perks

None jet2 are apparently famous for looking after their staff well that's a lie they don't care about their staff your just a number bad place to work

Good

It is very good you ge to meet different people every day the job is sometimes challenging but with training you get use to it and the pay is quite fair .

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Hours

Stay away

If I could give a 0 to management, I would. they bully you into thinking you are always in the wrong. one small mistake they will hold against you for a long long time. they say things then take it back. I would never recommend jet2 to anyone to work for. the culture is very face-fitting. working for previous airlines this airline in particular will hire anyone. fresh out of school kids were working flights with not a clue what to do if it went wrong and safety aspects were to be applied. work life balance is not a thing here. they say you get a weekend off every month - biggest lie ever.

Pros

Could make good money if pushy on sales

Cons

Long hours, no support, lies

Very Clicky - management can be rude

You will only get on with managers if your face fits and they like you.Home working you wait 20 mins for a reply from management for any questions or support Management critic anything you doCommission is decent especially if you get multiple books in one call

Not Bad

Huge lack of development opportunities within departments. However, this is being worked on.Majority of the staff are great and fun to work with.Not too much pressure and a great place to start if you're just graduating or looking for a part time job.

Pros

Semi relaxed working environment, work from home, learn a lot of soft skills

Cons

lack of development opportunites

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jet2.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement