Jet2.com and Jet2holidays

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays Employee Reviews

Best couple of years I had, made some lovely friends and every day was different.Downside is early mornings, difficulty getting holidays and no flexibility to accommodate staff!
I worked at Jet2holidays for the amount of just under 2 years and I have never enjoyed working with such amazing people and management before. Job can get tricky but staff and team leaders are always there to help you.
Pros
Cons
Rude customers sometimes
Jet2 treats their workers the same way they treat customers - respect, appreciation, fairly, make them feel VIP. Excellent communication, amazing team spirit, full training and outstanding management.
Pros
Opportunities to grow up.
Cons
Variable pattern of shifts.
The company really cares always trying to push you and help develop your skills for future progression, the most amazing training team that give you everything plus more you need for your role. Management are caring supportive and always flexible. Always finding ways to improve them self’s and the company for the benefit of colleagues and customers. CEO and board of directors very hands on always coming to visit us and asking how we are and willing to listen, take suggestions from staff and very quick to act of something needs fixing.
Pros
Holiday and flight discounts
Varied job , however most of the staff are snakes who sleep thier way up the ladder , bullying culture and long shifts ona plus point the role is very varried if youre not bothered about who you work with
This is one of the worst places I have ever worked. There’s hardly any diversity in the Leeds office. You get pulled in for the smallest things and made to feel like uncomfortable. If you ask for help and ask questions it goes against you at your probationary meeting. Constantly feel like your walking on egg shells. Management is absolutely disgusting,they don’t care about you. Your just another number unless of course your face fits. There is no understanding and compassion for people and their situation. Long hours and way too stressful.
Pros
Cons
The whole place
Management and supervisors are awful and rude, talk down to you and no people skills. Only time they are present is when top boss is down.If your face fits then you will be ok.
Cons
Great management and great working environment highly recommend, no day is ever the same and you always look forward to going to work. Great people to work with aswell if you can have banter and a laugh.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
Early starts
I worked as cabin crew based at Manchester with jet2. The management at this base were absolutely awful. They offered no support what so ever to staff unless they were friends with them. It is very much a ‘if your face fits’ type of workplace. Issues and concerns that you raise to the management are not dealt with properly and professionally and you often get criticised for bringing issues to managements attention.The job is very demanding and stressful, you work long hours and sometimes up to 6 days a week. This can obviously take its toll on you after a bit and the management offer no support.The company does have a fatigue system that you can use however you practically have to be dead for them to accept your absence as fatigue. They then don’t pay you and take your bonus off you.There are pros to the job, some of the crew that you work with will become your closest friends and the pay can be good some months depending how you do with commission.All in all I would avoid working for Jet2 like the plague unless you know someone who works in management and your face fits..My advise to Jet2 would be to get better management at their Manchester base as the current base manager there does nothing to support his staff and only gets out his seat to top up on biscuits, chocolate and a brew!
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours. Terrible management
Very good firm to work for . However my age and personal needs may not be suitable .. believe or not I still have a strong sense of achievement ,a high percentage are younger than myself and have only ever been in aviation.So for me to achieve a higher pay grade it seems almost impossible.. so I may start looking elsewhere
Pros
Decent shift patterns, 3 on 3 off .. friendly firm
Cons
Many members of staff, which makes it harder to stand out from
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jet2.com and Jet2holidays?
Initially great company to work for, a great experience working in the industry and gained a lot of knowledge. Worked in many different sections of the role however, the chance of being kept on for winter or following summer season is slim as the management at the time were preferential with staff.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Best airline , offering excellent customers service satisfaction, friendly services and strong supportive team and good flexible work shift pattern. Great customer return.
Pros
Having days off to relax with friends and families
Cons
Working early shifts
I have so much to say about this company but I wont go on and on about it because its quite simple really. Do as your told, dont back chat, dont have an opinion, be grateful to work there (specifically for Jet 2) who are the leading company in the airport (not quite) and turn up to work on time or you'll get your bonus deducted, oh put your make up on perfect or less bonus too. Such a shame as the job itself is not too bad. The staff were awful, not all of them but most of the younger ones were bossy know it alls with no respect for anyone! I was bullied from training on day one and I shut up and dealt with it, big mistake as I left on basis of my mental health which had been torn down after working there, has taken months to build it back up. Terrible managment and supervisors, talk down to you, look at you like dirt. Jet 2 is in its own little bully bubble. Snap out of it.
Pros
Days Off, decent pay
Cons
long hours, early hours, no social life, standing all day
Friendly workforce but hard enjoyable work you feel you have achieved something. Busy periods your tired but you can't wait for next day to do it all again
Pros
Workforce/Teamwork
Cons
Covid19
There is no clear sense of direction within the leadership and no respect for professionalism. You can be asked to do anything which is not in your job description. You need to be on a favourite list to get promoted,work life balance is nothing to talk about.
I was with the company for 7 years, within this time I worked in 3 different departments to gain experience and progress.I've recently been made redundant, I always kept a clean slate with no disciplinarys, warnings ect where they're some who have joined less than a year who hadn't been selected. (Also just to point out my redudancy was not paid for 7 years but 3!!)I'm shocked and appalled at the management and if your face fits you're safe. Same within the airport so bitc*y and clicky, management dont care and you are just a number to them.7 years I have been loyal and the boss's daughter who has just joined and recently past her probation stays??? Sorry but its discusting!! Long hours, under appreciated, lack of staff meaning extra stress, early mornings, poor management.
First of all i want say that when I first joined jet2holidays I couldn’t have been more excited I loved the job and to an extent I still do however the management are complete an utter muppets who don’t give a toss about welfare of their staff, you get punished for having to take time off to look after your kids and in the middle of a pandemic where we have been in lockdown so you can’t rely on other people to look after them for you. Then you get pulled into fact finding meetings which lead to disciplinary meetings. We get 30 holidays a year sounds great right can you actually get the days off you want can you chuff!!! Company doesn’t care about the staff just cares about money company forcing people to work from home when it’s not what I signed up for, they are refusing to open the office which hasn’t been cleaned since lockdown started company is a JOKE and unless your face fits you’ll be treat like garbage the hours are garbage as well 12-21pm weekdays so no chance to see family during the week
Pros
Money isn’t bad
Cons
Unless your face fits you get treat like garbage
Majority of the time you will only be seasonal so you won’t work through the winter months and come back for “high season” and that’s only if they ask you to come back (so don’t expect a full permanent contract when you first start, usually takes crew 2-4 seasons to get made permanent). Days can be very long and stressful, starting hours can range from 3am to 5pm. Some other crew members can be quite “clicky” at times and look down on new crew but is easy to look past as you rarely work with the same crew members twice. Management have their favourites but are always there to listen and help. This job isn’t for you if you like your weekends and bank holidays because unless you book them off, you’re more than likely going to be working them. You can come out with very good commission, so your monthly pay can be very very good. 100% have to be a people person and don’t mind working with different people all the times as that’s the main part of your job. I left due to wanting a career in something else, no fault of Jet2. Not a perfect company but is definitely one of the best airlines to work for.
Pros
Great pay, builds up confidence, rewarding at times
Cons
Long days, stressful, can’t really have a social life when it’s peak season, can take a while to become permanent
I worked happily for many years in the contact centre in Leeds but over the last few years the company has become one who really couldn’t care less about its staff. Figures and sales are all that matter to Jet2. You have to get permission to go to the toilet and you can’t go grab a drink unless it’s within your ‘allotted break time’ and forget annual leave. If you want a week off, one or two if your days will be rejected. Good luck too if you want to take time off over Xmas & New year. It’s not going to happen. They don’t care about you or your mental health state. If your face doesn’t fit, your out. If you think your protected by the HR department, think again. They protect management and not lower level staff.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Worst company I’ve ever worked for. From day one I was targeted. You get pulled in for discussions on the most stupid of things that are irrelevant that don’t even affect your work. You have team leaders & supervisors watching your every move to see if you slip up and running back to management if you make one silly mistake. Management are a bunch of clowns who make their own rules up and enjoy watching you fail. The turn over in that place is beyond a joke because the ‘policies’ they like to enforce that are not actual policies but are made up by management seem to come into play when they want you out the company. You get treated like little kids and when you don’t meet targets or a plane goes late, management threaten and take away the donuts they buy once a week as a punishment as they don’t receive their bonuses lol. You get bullied and victimised and even when raised with HR they say they’ll ‘get back to you’ but never do. If your face don’t fit or you have an opinion then you’re not wanted there and anything will be done to get you out. It really is a circus show. Go to any other company if you want to work in the aviation industry, NOT Jet2.
Pros
Bunch of good lads to work with
Cons
Management / HR, bullying, taking away my donuts
Takes a bit of time to become a permanent employee as you start off as seasonal staff but this company pays well as cabin crew and is a fun environment!