JF Law

JF Law Employee Reviews

Some good some bad

The below review has definitely been done by a manager. Absolute load of rubbish and quite clearly in response to the previous negative reviews. Fakest thing I’ve ever seen

Decent, Expanding Law Firm

Given the current climate, JF has more than enough work coming through to keep FE's busy and cases are of a decent quality.You have the freedom to work at your own pace and make decisions on your own cases. Caseloads numbers are as expected circa 180 cases on average and monthly billing targets are achievable.New management team seem focused to drive the firm forwards and positive changes are being implemented which is a step in the right direction. Some staff have a negative view on these changes, but ultimately they are required to move with the times.Remote working offered which will appeal to some. Commission is fair and overtime offered. Although plenty of work, there is no need to work outside core hours, so unsure as to why overtime is actually offered. Not a pressurised environment, there is a relaxed atmosphere and people are friendly. Overall, a decent place to work with fantastic potential!

Pros

Plenty of work, Management are fair and approachable

Cons

Some negative people/views, as expected at all places

Busy, growing law firm

Busy busy law firm, has expanded loads in the last few years. There is a lot of work and the people are friendly.Lots of new people due to expansion. They offer work from home days too.Downside is some people milk the system and make it unfair. Eg: pretend to do overtime when they have a normal caseload just to milk extra money from the company, and a lot of them cherry pick cases.There are some over unqualified staff who give themselves pretend titles and think they are better than they actually are. The immediate management team is actually good though and lots of people are friendly. I agree with the other reviews about negativity, but those people aren’t managers and are really irrelevant.The Director is nice and gives you calls when you hit target etc which is nice.

Pros

Friendly staff, a lot of work, wfh, good pay

Cons

Parking costs, negative few

Nice place to work, plenty of cases.

Nice place to work, plenty of cases. Litigators have a reasonable target and have around 170-200 cases with 20-25% issued.The people are friendly and helpful. Remote working is offered and some people can work fully remote. As with most work places there are negative people who drag the atmosphere down. You are given time and space to work independently and most people hit their target quite easily.

Pros

Friendly staff, lots of work, remote working

Cons

Office location isn’t great re lunch, some negative people

Fast paced firm with a lot of work

JF Law is a fast growing law firm with a huge number of cases. Considering the RTA changes and every firm looking for easy ways out, JF have a great marketing strategy to ensure there’s more than enough work to go around.Blended working is available and complete remote working is there for those not a commutable distance. The sheer volume of work means it is fast paced and energetic with a mix of lawyers working very hard.You are given independence in your fee earning and trusted to get the best result. You really are a valued fee earner here and not just a cog in a machine.The only negative is the few staff members who have been there for years and see the firm grow and refuse to grow with it. They complain yet don’t leave…Their negativity is a draw back but ignore them and it’s a good law firm to progress your career.

Pros

Independence, friendly staff, good work

Cons

Few negative “old timers” but overall not much

Very productive and brilliant managers

JF Law is a brilliant place to start of a career in the claims industry. Very professional job and environment, all the staff and especially managers are extremely helpful.

Pros

Very productive

Cons

A lot to learn but very much worth it!

I used to work here and it's dreadful.

To start of this job has the worst enviroment of any job I have every been in and constantly feels like you're in a school as they take on anyone in there, They don't reward people who do well in the company and training is non existent and they don't hide who are their favourites while they get away with everything and nothing is done.

Pros

Can get half decent bonus when they actually have claims coming in. (Not enough still)

Cons

Low pay, horrible office enviroment, clueless "management".

great company to work for the staff are very friendly and the managers are very helpful. There is also incentives in place to ensure a hardworking yet fun environment.

Loved working here!

From my very first day at JF Law, I've really enjoyed the job and everything it entails; from the FRU role itself, to all my colleagues/management.The job role is fast paced, no day is ever the same so you're constantly learning. JF Law is a challenging and competitive workplace environment with both personal and team targets to be met but that aren't unrealistic.My manager was supportive from day one, whether it was something personal or professional and never once made me feel like I was asking for too much.I have made friends for life working at JF Law as everyone in the office gets on so well and are the most welcoming people I have ever had the chance to work with.Overall, I've really loved working here and would recommend it to anyone thinking of applying.

Pros

colleagues and management

Fast paced and rewarding environment

JF Law is a fast paced environment that allows you to become an expert in communicating, sales and personal injury claims. I have gained so much knowledge around personal injury claims as the Company allows you to train in many areas of the law. Whilst gaining knowledge of personal injury, you also are able to earn a monthly bonus by meeting targets set out by the management team. Management are very helpful and always there to support you, I have met a lot of friends in the office who make coming to work a lot better.

Pros

Monthly bonuses

Its actually quite funny

I was in the office when the manager was asking staff to write those positive reviews so I wouldn’t take any of those seriously 😂The training and management is terrible. You basically train yourself, they give you and ill written guide to read for a week on your own, like not even around other agents. I enjoyed working there because it was funny and the banter was great, was it work appropriate? Not at all. Its even funnier that its a company for claims when the amount of health and safety and work place environment rules they violate every 5 minutes. The agents are good people. Terrible company.

Pros

Quality banter

Cons

Everything else

Terrible place to work

This is an honest review, worked here for around 7 months and did well at my job, but i wouldnt recommend it to anyone.Management are useless, you more or less train yourself, as the main manager has no clue about the job, she is just lucky she has a couple of staff that carry the team.Her assistant regularly confronts staff face to face, and is very aggressive, she has no people skills, also she has little knowledge about the job.The evening manager was given the job after being on her last warning for bullying members of staff, how she got the job after this is madness, plus she has racial outbursts and this was overlooked by management because they cannot manage there staff.You are just a number to the owner, and he thinks money is everything, i was offered a huge payrise compared to the rest of the staff to stay, in which i refused, and im so happy i did, as the company is toxic to work for.Staff will break DPA and GDPR, and i know this first hand as we all did, and this was overlooked as long as they would take new claims on, the claims they would take on also were laughable.

Pros

You can wear what you want

Cons

useless management

JF Law is a great place to work. The location in the city centre makes it easily accessible for everyone and there are loads of places nearby to go for lunch. Management are really friendly and supportive of any personal issues and the job is fast paced and interesting.

Great company to work for.

JF Law is a great company to work for. I have worked for them for over four years. It has a good working environment and the staff are friendly and helpful. I enjoy the work and I have been able to attend courses and receive training as and when required to support me in my role. I would recommend working for JF Law.

Working at JF Law has been good so far. I have been made to feel welcome and felt comfortable and supported whilst settling into my role. Management are supportive and there to address any questions you may have. The targets to drive for are realistic and carry generous bonuses when achieved. The company treats it staff when monthly bonuses are hit which is nice as well as receiving personal bonuses on a monthly basis. Any concerns or questions have always been addressed quickly by management and I don't think you can ask for anything more. Colleagues are helpful and friendly and always up for a laugh. The office is located in a great spot in Liverpool City Centre which means loads of places to go for lunch! Overall good place to work.

Busy, Interesting and Productive Work Place

I have been with JF Law for almost 12 months now and still enjoying the job as much now as I was in the beginning. The job is very interesting and you learn something new every day. It is a challenging, fast paced company with monthly targets to meet. The team and managers are really friendly and helpful and will do anything they can to help you with any issues you have. The office move went smoothly and everyone settled in really well. Being in the city centre is the ideal location and the building is really nice. Weekly tasks and treats to show the team appreciation helps with the moral in the office! Homeworking was offered due to the coronavirus and staff have taken well to the changes during these hard times. The support I have received from the managers and directors regarding a few personal issues has been amazing. I am really excited to be part of the business growth and can not wait to get back in to the office to be with my colleagues, each and everyone of them : )

Joke of a company

Do not attempt to answer your phone if they call and invite you to an interview!! The company is an embarrassment. I left my job to be promised a successful start in a job that on the website said I would be trained up a solicitor! Haha joke! The 2 managers in charge haven’t got a clue between them, they are very cliquey with there friends and do not think they would get a job anywhere else as a customer service advisor never mind managers. the 3rd manager an ex army Irish lady who has a racist side is the worst of the lot, she was given the job by the 2 useless managers after having numerous complaints about being a bully but then gets a job as a manager

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

TERRIBLE FIRM!! Only bothered about how much money they can make for the directors pocket, no emotion towards staff just a simple phone call to say you're not meeting targets and big boss wants you gone. Oh! and they can't wait to get you off the phone. Only implemented data protection when a new manager came in, they definitely DON'T follow SRA guidelines. No matter how many times you ask managers and/or directors for a contract you're ignored, however when new staff come in they were given contrats straight away. Funny that a law firm can't follow standard legislation set out in the Employment Rights Act 1996. Staff are mostly in it for themselves so they can get their ever changing 'bonus' scheme. I actually feel sorry for people that go to them looking for help with their claims as they're being completely ripped off by this terrible company.

Total Joke

This company is one to stay away from An awful culture of bullying. Dirty office & no real management. A hugely unprofessional company not just in the office but the way they operate. Compliance is non existant. If you are looking for a career in law stay away from this company.

Unprofessional, unhelpful and stressful environment

Interview was very informal, you are given very little information about the job and your responsibilities. Training is very poor, very often you have to learn from your own mistakes or from those of your colleagues, as management leave you to figure out the job on your own. You are not given specific instructions even when they are necessary. It is very difficult to get a contract despite asking the management time and time again for a copy, possibly because it is easier to get rid of you without one! There are no feedback sessions/meetings and no support for new staff, so you never know if you are doing the job right. Dismissal procedure is non-existent, often no warnings are issued it is just a short phone call to dismiss an employee without an adequate explanation. Lastly, the management need to remind themselves of the SRA code of conduct and principles as these are being forgotten on a regular basis.

All that I expected

Staff were so friendly at my interview and very patient with me. I've started working there and can safely say I love the environment there, everyone is so friendly and helpful. The management team are amazing, very welcoming and always point you in the right direction when it comes to training. Really looking forward to a career here and hoping I can climb the latter to more opportunities with JF Law

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JF Law. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement