JG Pest Control
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

JG Pest Control Employee Reviews

United Kingdom60 reviews

pestcontrolovertimecommissionsummerofficelongmoney

good place to learn pest control

I have been with jg for over 5 years some long driving and jobs not always the same lots of over time in the summer slows down in winter but jobs vary

Pros

van / phone / lap top

Cons

long days

Fast paced

I am really enjoying myself at this company. As long as you put the work in there is plenty of opportunity to make a substantial amount of extra money. On the rare occasions I’ve needed help, they have been extremely flexible for me. Management are friendly The vans they provide you are top of the range in my experience complete with air conditioning and apple car play. A generous Christmas bonus and the ability to earn extra annual leave by not letting them down is also a really nice touch.

Insights into JG Pest Control

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

You get what you put in

You receive your work for the day the evening before. Its usually between 8 to 12 jobs depending on what the calls are. I had a great technician show me the ropes. I had 6 weeks shadowing him and everything i needed to get started to go out on my own. The office are always on hand for advice as were the senior techs. Met some great lads there that im still in contact with now. No two days are the same and it can be quite challenging but rewarding . The hardest part was jobs coming on late in the day and following up jobs of lazy techs. That being said in pest control you're always an emergency call away from getting home late. If you put the graft in the office was always ok if you needed to get home . Its a large company and Ive since found there are plenty of lazy techs at other big national companies so its no different.

Been here nearly 2 years and absolutely amazing company to work for

# Love JG PEST CONTROL always something different every day and JG there self are amazing and will do anything to help the technicians out. Been here 2 years nearly and I love it

Not recommend this work place

Absolutely ridiculous people in office. Not fair with customers and technicians. 10hours of driving every day and they push you to do overtimes for rubbish money .Never heard any positive opinion from managment .Absolutely rubbish company !

Productive and fun work place

I started working here just over 11 months ago and I have loved my job since day one! JG Pest control is a family run business with a good basic salary and a great commission structure!

Great Family run company

No two days are the same. Quick progression , good work life balance , supporting managers, decent pay, good staff to work with, fun friendly place, can have a laugh, overall a good place to work,

Fun work place

JG pest control is a good place to work for everyone is so polite and helpful. The best thing about working for JG pest control is meeting different people on a day to day basis and solving all types of pest issues.

Pros

Have opportunities to make more money

Fun workplace

I have been working for JG pest control for roughly a year now and it’s one of the best jobs I have had in a long time office staff are really friendly and other techs on the road are. JG are very good at recognising hard work and rewarding with pay rises, bonus etc and very rarely declines holidays apart from when too many people are off at that time and gives Christmas bonuses after you have been there a year starting at £500 and goes up by £100 every year you spend with the company Highly recommended

Pros

Pay rises, bonus, Christmas Bonus, plenty of time off

Cons

Sometimes can be a very long day

great workplace!

Great company to work for all management are great, all the techs already working there are very helpful and will help and teach you everything you need to know.

I think Jg is such a great company to work for

jg is a brilliant company to work for as they helped me when I had no job to get back on my feet to get back into working life they have helped me with bonuses when I do extra jobs and Salary increase for all the hard work I have been putting in and also everybody in the office is friendly and really easy to get along with.i would 100% recommended working for JG pest control I have also learnt so much more about the pests we deal with with everyday life

Pros

Bonuses’work van’it’s like being your own boss

Fun place to work

The team I work with are so lovely and help you at anytime you need it. Would highly recommend working here

Never again

Only interested in money money money, long hours rubbish pay, no wonder all techs do private work to boost pay. Give you jobs to do lie to customers so you get the ear bashing.

Great family business

Great company with an excellent office environment. Very inclusive and has a great atmosphere. Excellent customer service team with great people who help you achieve.

Pros

Excellent team energy

This is a good place to work and is challenging on day to day basis

Good work environment with a great opportunity to move forward in pest control and is challenging also good group to work with on day to day basis overall very enjoyable

Bunch of cowboys fuelled by greed

Where to start…You will be given rodenticide which by law you are unable to distribute without obtaining the industry certification.There are no provisions for correct disposal of hazardous carcasses unless you’re close to the main depot.The majority of the staff are unqualified and do not hold a RSPH level 2 recognised by the BPCA.They do not care about their staff or customers. Their prices are astronomical for the appalling service you get in return. Avoid this company if you have any morality.

Pros

Cons

Long hours No incentive for extra pay They are dishonest

Avoid at all costs

I started my journey here a year and a half a go and I must say it was the worst mistake ever .The managers have no clue how to run a business my 15 year old could do a better job than them .they will send you miles away for work very rare you will work were you live. They expect you to work over your hrs for rubbish money and overtime pay well thats never right.The company could be a great place to work if they sorted them selfs out and stop hiring trainees that have no clue how to do the job then let them lose with pesticides and poisons .

Pros

Next day pay what is always wrong

Cons

Long hours and long drives and bad unorganised work loads

A very relaxed working environment, until they chose to use it against you.

Initially what seemed to be a reasonable well paid job morphed into a stressful chase for technicians(often untrained and no customer thought) to unhelpful colleagues and a management team that would rather drive fast cars and party…. Maybe the wrong time to start such a money grabbing company…

Pros

Paid lunch break

Unproductive

Long hours and drive hundreds of miles a weekPoor payCommission always wrongSpeak to you like rubbishLack empathy and respectNo much training available

Don’t work there

This company don’t give 2 hoots about their employees They will send you miles and miles in a single day without any thought of how tiring long journeys are between jobsPay is always wrongManagement are up their own backsides If you are an experienced Pest Control Technician you can expect that their work ethics are not about customer service but about how much money they makeCustomers constantly complain about the service from the office but as usual the Technician gets the brunt of it because we’re on the front line

Pros

3 days off in 8

Cons

Everything else

Great Environment & Friendly workplace

This company offers a great, fun, fast paced environment to work in. There is no formal dress code allowing to be comfortable at work whilst making new bookings for our clients. The office is always buzzing and each member of the team motivating one another.There is always the option for overtime hours during the week or weekend work which is great for topping up your salary along with a great commission structure in place.The management teams are always on hand to assist with any questions or concerns you may as an employee and an adequate amount of training is given prior to your official starting on the phones.

Pros

Flexible working hours, overtime, commission structure, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Limited parking (not a direct result of a con for the company however)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JG Pest Control. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement