Jobcentre Plus

Jobcentre Plus Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Very structured work though not too rigid. Good people to work with and a decent chance of progression if willing to do the work. I was also a Union rep while here which kept me very busy

Pros

Job progression

Cons

Targets

Busy

Opportunity for development more than other organisations but the frequency of chances is few and far between. Sometimes it can be a relaxing environment, though when it is busy, it is extremely busy.

Varied can be stressful

very challenging role dealing with people and their benefits face to face, you need a calm head and the ability to calm clients down and answer their questions.

Productive and hard working

It’s very confusing and they don’t explain much to you. It’s a very repetitive work place Always have your head down n always have something to do. Just confusing

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Long working and repetitive

volunteer

Learned to be confident, patient and as understanding as possible. Hardest part was explaining sign up procedure to people who spoke little English or did not meet the requirements for benefits

Can be a rewarding job

Depending upon the department you will be dealing with vulnerable people. There is the chance to advance in your role with the opportunity to move around departments. The salary was decent and you work flexible hours. Term time working is also available in the right circumstance.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

job can be stressful

Pacing changes often

Most of the time you can't be settled into one pace for too long as you might be getting on with work and then a group of clients will start coming in at the same time.

Work experience placement

Everyday was varied. I learned more about colleague interaction. The premises is well organised. People were friendly during break and lunchtime. The standing was a bit difficult. The entire experience of the volunteer placement was enjoyable.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Great

Great staff and benefits package. Brilliant all round job in Employment support. Always went home happy that I had helped someone even if in a small way.

Fun working place

That was my first ever job and it was quite stressful and many people were angry because of benefits that they may have not received. the staff was quite helpful.

Pros

friendly staff

good team work

could be stressful working to strict time limitations on calls and not always given the time to put customers at ease especially as some of questions quite complicated but the team spirit was good.

Pros

great hours- flexible

Cons

being tied to your desk!

Job centre

Helping people find jobs and help with CVs also. To be able to work in a group and on my own . I like to be on time so I do not fall behind make sure the custumers are treated fairly at all times.

Pros

Lunch breaks

productive and achievable

Great place to work, lots of help and support, training and development - a rewarding place to work especially when helping others to improve their the education and to achieve their goals.

Pros

Many oppurtunities

Cons

normal hours

Very tedious at times

Typical day was helping people with anything on computers like setting up an email address, help with job searching etc... It could get very tedious and annoying at times especially when people aren't really listening to you.

Fun and flexible

I enjoyed working here the atmosphere was very friendly and welcoming, and I got to talk to a lot of different people from different backgrounds as that is one of the things I do enjoy during sitting down one-on-one to talk to people and help them

Pros

Plenty of breaks

Cons

Busy

productive and fun workplace

I enjoyed working for the department as it was a variety of different job roles from dealing with the public to in house work and it was working with people from all walks of life and culture.

Pros

work life balance

my previous workplace was moderately good and ok

My previous employer was good and engaged us into further prospecting opportunity and have learned a lot from the company about security during training and developments.

Very Friendly

Always someone around to give you a hand if you are unsure of anything and nothing was ever too much trouble for the people I worked with. Really miss it.

good work place

working for the jobcentre is very rewarding and you get lots of support from the management if you wish to progress further in the company they are also very flexible on working hours

Pros

job benefits

Cons

very stressful job

Loved it

Working here was great i loved it and it was a great experience there were always new faces everyday mixed in with the usual ones and you got to help people which always made you feel good

Pros

Great experience and bus fare refunded

Fair and equal opportunity employer

Personal development plans in place, rewarded for meeting targets set, plenty of progression opportunities, flexible working. Generous annual leave , job satisfaction.

Pros

Flexible working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jobcentre Plus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2