Work wellbeing score is 61 out of 100
View all Joe & The Juice reviews

Joe & The Juice

Joe & The Juice Employee Review

Fairly flexible, difficult hours

Fairly flexible although not as much as its made out to be. Tiring work but can be rewarding. Difficult hours as shifts are not regular so it is hard to make plans.

Same roleSame location

Poor management, terrible work environment

I had three different bar managers in 4 months of working there. One got fired, the other left and I never got to meet the new one as I didn't share any shifts with them before I left. There was so much drama amongst management and the area manager gave unfair treatment amongst juicers (he was more lenient with some compared to others) when it came to finding covers for our shifts on days we couldn't come in. Equipment would break down and we couldn't make juice for entire day even though many requests given for a new centrifuge. Just overall poor management and poor treatment of juicers.
Same roleSame location

Too much favouritism and gossip

If management doesn't like you, they will make snarky comments, micromanage you until you cannot take it anymore. Instead of doing their actual job they hang out together in cliques so there's no way you can make a formal complaint because they all have each others back. If you take a while to learn the processes, they will become passive aggressive towards you without communicating directly about what can be improved.Enjoyable part were the customers, and the satisfaction on their faces as you serve their favourite products. Unfortunately, if you are dealing with a micromanager that criticizes you constantly, that's enough for you to run away from the job despite the decent environment.Personal problems I had with company.- Toilet was broken, and as the role of Juicer I was in charge of stepping into the raw sewage leak to turn off the water instead of a professional plumber to fix the problem.- Was criticised for wanting to go for a lunch break the last hour i finished work (I was working an 8 hour shift from 8am to 4pm) The next shift crew cam at the time I decided to have a break as there was an intense rush throughout the shift - the manager complained to me that i don't need to go for a break as my shift is nearly over - I objected to this and then the manager demanded that I have to do a 2 on 1 conversation. (Tried to make me do unpaid labor)- During the 2 on 1 conversation, I was blamed for making bad coffee, being lazy, being slow, being bad at closing - mind you I was only working just under 3 months. And during the talk the manager raised their voice at me -

Pros

free food

Cons

poor pay
Same location

Extraordinary WorkPlace

JOE & THE JUICE offers dynamic days, constant growth, supportive management, vibrant culture, challenging tasks, and joyful customer interactions. The most enjoyable part of working at JOE & THE JUICE is the interaction with customers and the positive impact made on their day. Creating and serving delicious, healthy beverages while engaging with a diverse clientele brings joy and satisfaction. The lively atmosphere and the sense of accomplishment after a busy day make each shift fulfilling.

Pros

Amazing culture and great people

Cons

can be overworking sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joe & The Juice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement