John Clark Motor Group

John Clark Motor Group Employee Reviews

I really liked the type of work, but I was dissatisfied with the organization in the garage in Kirkcaldy and the overtime billing by the manager left a lot to be desired
Having worked for another motor group for several years, a former colleague recommended the John Clark Motor Group to me, and I joined on his advice. Ive found John Clark to be a lot more open minded and a much more friendly group to work in. I have a lot of respect for the people in the highest positions, who take the time to speak and get to know you, a small thing but means a lot to many people. I’ve personally been given several opportunities and been allowed to progress through the company, where I struggled to do so at the previous motor group I worked with.I feel it’s important to mention how well the grouk handled the Covid-19 situation. It was taken very seriously and the processes were put into place for everyone to follow to make the workplace as safe as possible.
Pros
Opportunities to progress
Cons
Fast paced, but that’s the trade!
In my experience they were a good company to work for although my boss could be mental at times, a real hot head but a good Heart.I have read other reviews here and seen some bad ones, but I have worked for them as a Sales Executive twice and really enjoyed it both times , it may not be shangri-la but very few places are . I have only respect for the Directors and Management of the group who nearly always treated me well and let me get on with the job in hand.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Long Hours, Can be aggressive with staff
This is the worst company I’ve ever worked for my manager caused me to have a mental breakdown and I’ve never worked for anyone since. I started my own company and business is booming. I’m probably earning 5x more than her annual salary now so it was probs for the best 👍🏾
Pros
Leaving the job
Cons
The manager
I have been working at John Clark full time now for 2 years with Sales and think its great. Pros are the company is really supportive esp. through COVID and feel the communication was spot on. Bonus within Sales is the best as I have worked in other companies and they have paid less.
Pros
Bonus, Time off at Xmas and NY, colleagues
Cons
Long hours but thats car sales
Bullies, job is threatened daily false hope tell you what you want to hear but it’s all lies Pay is ridiculous management and HR forgot where they started, Head of HR Is an absolute bully to her staff as of head of buisness Mr Clark needs to open his eyes see how everyone is actually treated BULLIES
Cons
Run Run Run... to Somewhere Else Find another place to work, there are plenty of better companies that treat their staff with respect. I worked at head office there are a minority few who are bullies, including the HR Manager and the woman known as the 'Smiling Assassin' (nickname says it all!) in Marketing. They are on very good terms with the Clark family who look the other way to their antics because they are favoured. The management has effectively enabled bullying by these people. Very poor leadership and management. A horrible place to work, and the pay isn't worth it.
You will never see a motor trade job review really praising the employer, that’s life JCMG are a decent bunch with realistic expectations Renumeration is excellent but as with all motor trade jobs, there are the usual drawbacks
Horrible company to work for. Worst thing I done was working for john Clark. They try to rob customers by lying about fault with their cars and make sure you carry receipts for wipers as they need replaced after 2 days. Upon leaving the joke of a company they will not pay you correctly even if you work same monthly hours and overtime, quess I should have just walked out. Also I was more a number than name
AVOID AVOID AVOID Worked with this company for over 2 years, worked at various branches, worked evenings and weekends helping out from home and the thanks I got for this was being made redundant whilst on maternity leave! This so called family business is an absolute shambolic company to work for! Too many chiefs and not enough indians!
Horrible company to work for, definitely not a family run company. More worried about figures on the board than staffs well being. Treated like a number rather than a human. The hours are ridiculous with no time and half overtime.
The management are diabolical. Bullies for certain. The hours were good but the atmosphere was awful. Worst job I’ve had, the bosses were allowed to get away with murder, the senior management don’t want to know.
To be clear this dose not include the many franchisees in the John Clark Motor Group. The wheel Department in Aberdeen was a shambles of employees that did not respect the customers vehicles nor did they have any pride in there work. It made for a very unpleasant work atmosphere. If there was a rush job or a special request it just got thrown to the back of the pile regardless. Very disappointed at the lack of management engagement and consequence on the department for shoddy sub par work.
Sadly this company took over a good established family run business and wasted it!Eighty of the original ninety plus staff ,have already gone that says it all.Poor management and disregard of staff played a big part in the exudus.They have trouble holding on to staff they employ themselves.
No job security, under staffed. I would not recommend. Other employees nice. Staff moral very low & no job security. No overtime paid out with your normal hours.
This was just another run of the mill motor industry job. Money clearly more important that people's wellbeing. Stress, abuse and generally treated awfully. 100% will not be returning to the motor industry, let alone any specific garage.
Technician at Renault /Dacia . Promised more money after training completed but never happened . If Any damages to cars I was made to pay in full . No time and a half unless your efficiency is a certain percentage. Very badly organised place to work and very stressful days . I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Stress and blame game
Customer Engagement Centre ! What a joke!! not interested in customers at all, They force staff to sell products (TUNUP) that invalidates cars warranty!! Staff reprimanded if they don’t try to sell it on every call, staff training very poor, manager bullies you, is inappropriate in behaviour and tried to force Saturday work even though your not paid over time for it and she’s never there herself !
Worked here 15 years in the beginning it was a decent company to work for but got too big too quick and lost that family run feel,only interested in profits, this filtered down to the workshop, where bullying & greed set in, the place soon turned toxic with the two senior technicians bullying apprentices & service technicians to there own gain. Avoid at all costs.
Cons
I as a driver earn the min wage not the living wage.i think in this day and age everyone should be on at least the living wage.as specialty the size of the company.
This was the worst company I have worked for. Is drilled into you how good things are as it’s a family business but they couldn’t care, unless you are a suck up they don’t even know who you are. Constantly people being bullied and especially by those who saw themselves as superior. At the time, the workshop controller was the most horrible man I have ever worked with, had no respect for me that I even had to complain about him. Felt there was no security as people were getting sacked left right and centre. I recommended technicians whilst in the employment and still to this day have never been paid the money for this. The HR department are the most unprofessional and rude people I have ever spoken to. There is no incentives or recognition and as soon as you do something wrong someone is down your throat. I didn’t even last my probation in the place and would not recommend them to anyone. The best part about the place was my manager, who not longer after I left, got sacked out the blue.