John Clark Motor Group
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

John Clark Motor Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom91 reviews

johnmotortraderolegroupfamilybusinessyear

Fairly paid but long hours

Motor trade notorious for long hours however I felt I was paid fairly and there are good bonus opportunities to be made.

Awful place to work.

If your corrupt then you will fit in perfectly, plenty progression to managerial positions if willing to take bungs etc.Micro managed within an inch of your life, literally told what to do and say. Their attitude is , be grateful you have a job.

Pros

Cons

Too much to list.

Insights into John Clark Motor Group

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things

The best motor group to work for

I spent a long time working for JCMG, and there is a reason i spent a long time there - because it is the best motor group to work for.I enjoyed my time there, was always very well supported in my role from top management and from the team i worked with. Also made some great friends along the way. The group invest alot in training and development, and invest alot in each business. If you work hard, it will be recognised.

Pros

Great earning potential and well supported

Cons

It can be very busy - but every garage is

Negative

Would not recommend working at John Clark. A lot of pressure, small mistakes are the end of the world for management. The contact centre is awful. Management shouldn’t be management. Best thing I ever did for my mental health was leave. Feel for my colleagues that are still there and being treated badly.

No respect for there workers

Was in a accident management didn't care . No meeting when I came back to see how I was ! Wouldn't work for them again need new management! Who are there for there workers .

Excellent place to work

John Clark - pentland landrover Excellent place to work and fantastic team work in the service department everybody gets along and it’s a really positive atmosphere all round. It can be challenging at times but it’s the challenge that keeps everyone passionate. I would highly recommend this company to work for if you are outgoing and a team player.Management help all their staff in achieving their goals and are all very approachable.

Pros

Great working hours

Cons

I can’t think of anyb

Great Team

A typical day at work varies, it can either be long and boring or fun and quick.I learned a lot during my time there.Management in the workshop was brilliantHardest part of the job was dealing with stress

Pros

Great Team

Cons

Your just a number in the end of the day

Feeling important part of a Team

Pleased to come to work great team with good communication ongoing training is availableImproving computer stills has helped me in my job role.Tasks are completed within the day

Pros

Able to carry out job with receiving regular memos

Cons

non

Refreshing Culture Within The Motor Trade

John Clark is an excellent company to work for and there are lots of positive points I have came across since joining the company last year. Some of the highlights are:- Relaxed working environment which is unique given it is a target driven industry - Healthy work-life balance, no expectation to do more hours than you are contracted to and its not frowned upon to leave on time if you are on an early finish- Strong senior management delivering great values - Autonomy within your role and have the ability to have a voice which is listened to- Commitment to developing from within so you have the opportunity to grow- Great incentives in place to allow you to maximise your earnings- Achievable targets that don't change frequently

Pros

Relaxed working environment, Healthy work-life balance, Strong senior management, Autonomy within your role, Commitment to developing within, Great incentives to maximise earnings, Achievable targets

Cons

Weekends continue to be a focus within the motor trade

Great bunch of people working well together

Working in the JC group is all down to the individual dealerships and the people in them, I personally work in a great place and with some great people, working in the motor trade is great if you can handle pressure, targets and being busy. The hardest part of the job is hitting targets, the most enjoyable part is when end of month all comes together and then you start all over again!

Great friendly place to work!

Brilliant company to work for in all aspects a fair family run business who treats customers and employees well. I have worked here for over 10 years.

Happy place to work.

Been with the company for over 10 years now, the current management is the best so far! I can't see myself looking to work elsewhere as the team here is the best.

Great Company to work for!

I've worked for the John Clark Motor Group for over 8 years after coming from another dealer group. I can honestly say I feel valued and enjoy my role within the company. One of the few family owned motor groups left, where you are treated fairly, and your hard work is recognised.

Pros

Extra Day Holiday for Queens Platinum Jubilee, not micro managed

Cons

Fab and friendly place to work!

JCMG is a family run business with lots of friendly colleagues that have made me feel very welcome. They are a good company to work for because they allow you to progress within roles throughout your career with them. They have made me feel valued from my very first day at my induction.

Great company to work for

It can be fast paced, along with most jobs in the motor trade, but we’re well rewarded. I like that management listen to any constructive ideas. I feel that all departments work together well

Pros

Advancement from within, strong leadership

Cons

None I can think of!

Worked here for 6 coming up 6 months and its been a fantastic place to work do far. great staff and management team. great working hours and very flexible if needed.

One of the best remaining motor groups in the UK to work for.

Overall I don't have anything bad to say about the company, I enjoy working for the group and despite the size of it. They still carry there family values throughout. I've previously worked for similar sized motor groups that tend to micro manage their staff but the management team in place at John Clark are nothing but helpful and want you to succeed.One of the best remaining motor groups in the UK to work for.

Pros

Understanding of work-life Balance and help best they can with Family based situations.

well structured

Great company to work for, well structured and well targeted. Very progressive job rolls, a lot of hours but thats the nature of the job and to be expected.

Pros

Good pay

Filled with good people - Forward thinking company

Now worked for JCMG approaching 15 years, i have seen a lot of changes however each change has been for the good of staff members and to help providing a high level of customer service.They way JCMG dealt with staff members throughout the pandemic was enough for me to know i would not want to work anywhere else. Constant reassurance & updates to staff. There is a 'work hard' mentality in certain dealerships however these dealerships have proven track record for success. What i would say is hard work comes with just reward. If you want a career in the motor industry with loads of avenues for job progression and satisfaction.....JCMG is the place for you.

Pros

Career Progression

Good prospects in a supportive environment

Great collaborative culture within a dealership which genuinely cares about it's employees and customers. Managers are open and approachable. Targets are challenging but achievable and there is good opportunity to earn bonus.

Pros

Great atmosphere

challenging, good place of work, lovely staff across all sectors of the business

I had applied for a position in sales, through this I was given the chance to be on the cadet training programme to become a sales executive. The time and effort the group has put in to the training they offer is not just for people just starting off but for the whole work force shows that John Clark cares about making sure all employees are up to date on anything necessary.The cadet sales programme its self has been structured in a way that it can suit anyone with or without experience and give you the knowledge and tools you'll need to progress further in to your career. A typical day while in the showroom consists of learning anything and everything within your showroom and helping out all of the departments, while doing this you can really see that every role within the John Clark Group is essential to the success of bringing satisfaction to all of our customers. I have never worked in such a kind, friendly and supportive work place. I am very excited for my Future at the company and the progression I will make through out the time I work with the Group (hopefully a very long time) John Clark is a family owned business and coming in to the job I definitely felt I was being accepted in to a family.

Pros

chances to progress your career, brilliant training, really supportive management, The money within any roles are very good

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Clark Motor Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement