John Davidson Pipes

Insights into John Davidson Pipes

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

A fair employer, do your job is all they ask.

I worked for JDP as a delivery driver for 8 years (1 year agency before going on the books) and enjoyed my time there. Good working conditions, fair workload, never asked to do more than can be done in a day. Friendly approachable management that will help if they can if you have any issues, be that with work or personally. Can't say fairer than that really. The job is what you make it, it's not for the lazy. Every day is different and if you do what you're supposed to do you're pretty much left to get on with things. I'll miss working for JDP.

Pros

Manageable workload, drivers bonus scheme for safe efficient driving, home every night, weekends off.

Cons

Basic wage with not a lot of overtime, but if you're after a good work life balance it's ideal.

Challenging, but enjoyable

They have great products that other companies don't have, and customers are really interested in (and can really benefit from), good bonus scheme to top up salary (I never took home a basic salary), but took up my own time to learn and get my head around the products/systems. Felt as though I had to just "understand" what it is was straight away, but it was me that pushed myself to know more rather than the company. If I had any questions, the team always took time to help me. Difficult to understand the employee benefits scheme, but it seemed good. Enjoyed my time there but I settled for a job closer to home. Had to cross the city to get there so it was a bit of a pain.

Pros

Great team, focus on traditional customer service, learn a lot about products.

Cons

Some branches are difficult to work with, but management help if needed.

Never a dull moment - great place to work

I have worked for this company for over 20 years and progressed from a junior to middle management as the training and career progression is excellent, with the opportunity to shine if you want it. The company are forward thinking and the management work hard to ensure that the opinions and views of the staff are listened to, boasting an IIP Gold award to prove this. Office environment is friendly and overall its a very good company to work for. Also offer good employee benefits and rewards.

Pros

Promots from within good career progression

Cons

Can be stressful at certain times of month/year

Great people to work with

JDP have a great work force, sometimes let down by the department supervisors who can be quick to criticise and make remarks of how they could do it better. The higher management are much more helpful and encourage you to be your best. Pay is on the low side and should be improved in order to keep the better staff. High work load which should be reflected in staff salary. But if workload is not manageable most other staff are happy to lend a hand. Over all it’s a good place to work the number of staff with 20+ years service shows this.

Pros

Friendly staff, job security, training, promotion opportunity

Cons

Inexperienced supervisors, salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Davidson Pipes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement