John Davidson Pipes

Insights into John Davidson Pipes

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

A fair employer, do your job is all they ask.

I worked for JDP as a delivery driver for 8 years (1 year agency before going on the books) and enjoyed my time there. Good working conditions, fair workload, never asked to do more than can be done in a day. Friendly approachable management that will help if they can if you have any issues, be that with work or personally. Can't say fairer than that really. The job is what you make it, it's not for the lazy. Every day is different and if you do what you're supposed to do you're pretty much left to get on with things. I'll miss working for JDP.

Pros

Manageable workload, drivers bonus scheme for safe efficient driving, home every night, weekends off.

Cons

Basic wage with not a lot of overtime, but if you're after a good work life balance it's ideal.

Never a dull moment - great place to work

I have worked for this company for over 20 years and progressed from a junior to middle management as the training and career progression is excellent, with the opportunity to shine if you want it. The company are forward thinking and the management work hard to ensure that the opinions and views of the staff are listened to, boasting an IIP Gold award to prove this. Office environment is friendly and overall its a very good company to work for. Also offer good employee benefits and rewards.

Pros

Promots from within good career progression

Cons

Can be stressful at certain times of month/year

Great company with passionate colleagues.

Based at Head Office for many years I've found my colleagues to be helpful and extremely friendly. The company offers an excellent work life balance and have always found that I have the full support of both my line manager and other senior managers with in the company. Healthy discussions are encouraged with management and the company are open to new ideas put to them.

Pros

Friendly working enviroment

Awful working experience

I would avoid this company unless used for a temporary job fix. Extremely bad management from head office, big turn over in staff due to bullying and unhealthy working environment with low pay.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, high workload and very stressful

Challenging + exciting Enviroment

Having worked for JDP for the last 8 years i have to say as a sales manager i have never had such an enjoyable and rewarding job , working in a forward thinking progressive company , which is eager to reward and promote from with in , very well run by a strong and focused management team , We offer a great product to a vibrant market which includes a diverse range of challenges and customers to work with daily .

Pros

Defined Targets, ear at the top table, career development

Cons

Response times to key decisions could improve .

A great company!

JDP provide a structured training programme enabling you to progress as fast or as slow as you want to. Management are very supportive and encourage development to promote within the company.

Productive and rewarding work envirnoment

JDP is an innovative company that is going through a period of substantial growth. The opportunities I have been given since I started at the company have been great, for example I have been offered lots of training, and support. Many people have been with the company a long time, and have regularly been promoted. I feel that I can make a real difference and with some hard work I too will see career progression.

Pros

Supportive and great growth opportunites

Friendly Environment

Great place to work with plenty of progression, always try to promote from within and provide plenty of training and development plans to help people progress with their careers. All staff are friendly and never feel intimidated. Can be quite a relaxed atmosphere, dress down Fridays, charity events like cake days - always lots of cake. Online intranet to keep employees up to date with what's going on in the company and make them feel included.

Pros

Great Progression, promote from within

Poor Training facilities

No training provided and no direction would not recommend this company for various reasons which I cannot discuss for various reasons AVOID!

Pros

Other staff are very helpful and hardworking

Cons

Long hours, No training scheme provided, Poor management who bully

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at John Davidson Pipes?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Davidson Pipes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• John Davidson Pipes