John Grose logo
John Grose

John Grose Employee Reviews in Ipswich

out of date review

Can't remember too much because it was almost 10 years since I did this. part of work experience at high school, was nice enough though.

Fantastic, Tight-knit team

Worked as part of a fantastic, tight-knit team. Customer focused, with lots of opportunities to interact with other departments/locations, who were always patient and helpful. Approachable management team, supportive and fair. HR always willing to listen and work to resolve issues. Great discounts when buying cars and on rental prices.

Pros

Free Tea and Coffee, Free Employee Parking, Staff Discount

Cons

Long Hours- knew this at interview, childcare became issue later

n/a

Everyone I met at John Grose was friendly and there was a nice working atmosphere. I worked here for work experience and it was enjoyable. Whilst working here I learned about the workshop, the call centre, front desk, the part department and warehouse. I also learned about the showroom and insurance on the vehicles.

Friendly place to work

Transferring from public to private sector was quite daunting but the staff here have made the transition easy. I have settled in easily due to friendliness of staff at all levels and find the work interesting and varied.

Pros

Working pattern, team work, friendly staff

Great company to work for

I enjoyed my years with the company, learned loads and with time gained much experience unfortunately the company recently shut down so I am looking for another job.

Fast paced, interesting and varied

Challenging and rewarding environment to work. Lots of scope to get involved in different aspects of the company and real opportunity for progression with the right work ethic. Great team spirit, fair management style. Overall a great company to work for with lots of variety.

A great team to work with!

Having worked at John Grose for a number of years, the culture and ethos developed by the Management Teams and adopted by the employees is one of the key reasons for still being part of the Company. They have been fantastic at supporting me back into work after having children and have kept the work diverse and fast paced to keep it interesting.

Enjoyable and friendly working environment

Varied duties make for interesting days. Started as Trainee, learnt all skills on the job and made my way up within the department. Management and Senior Management are very approachable. There is a big emphasis on working within teams to get the job done accurately and on time. I like being able to interact with people within different parts of the business. Overall a great employer to work for... added bonus you can get great deals on purchasing cars and servicing/repairs.

Great atmosphere

Teams would work together to help each other when they could but there was also a lot of sole responsibility in certain aspects such as selling a car to a customer

Fast paced and interesting

Started here as an apprentice over a year ago. Training has been very good and I'm learning a lot of working life and enjoying the challenge. All staff have made me feel so welcome and they are very helpful and always willing to help when it's needed. I have been assigned a mentor.

Pros

Great staff, good training, good career prospects

Jobs at John Grose

in Ipswich
See more jobs

Avoid this company..!

THE worst company I've ever worked for.....management is a joke... HR manager is useless, do not listen to there employees whatsoever... You will only get far if you kiss up to the management. Awful pay, awful condition, awful company!

Pros

Nothing..!

Cons

You got a couple of hours spare while I'll list them..!

Sad to go :(

I have been very happy in my role in sales. Everyone is welcoming and training is good. Change in personal circumstances means I have to say farewell.

Pros

Work 'family'

Poor place to work

Avoid at all cost. Throw you in with no training then moaned at for making mistakes when you have no clue what your doing. Bad team ethic. All for ones self. Long hours for OK money but stress isn't worth the money. Management act lovely in interview. Quickly turn to horrible people once you are in uniform. Bad organisation and expect to much from staff.

Pros

Free hot drinks

Cons

Too many

Productive and fast paced

Lots of varied customers, companies and general public Learned lots of customer service skills and how to deal with difficult customers Managers there when needed Great Christmas party

Interesting Work Experience

Had a good time browsing through departments during my work experience. Everyone was friendly and I had an especially good time in the finance department.

Not a nice place

Teams are very clicky and if your face doesn't fit, you will soon know about it. They don't like strong personalities, they like yes men. If you stand up for yourself, they'll find a way to get rid

Poor place to work

Most of the staff are underpaid and overworked. Always expected to do more for no extra. Management make lots of broken promises regarding training and money. Would not recommend.

Great place

I learnt a huge deal here on work experience, everyone was friendly and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Grose. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9