John Grose

John Grose Employee Reviews

profit over customer satisfaction

All about the margins, difficult to transition from a career in customer focus to one where bottom line targets overrule satisfaction and integrity also very little top down engagement so little opportunity to improve effectiveness

Very Poor

If your face fits, your fine. Management is very very poor. Reckon, they are doing all they can to help you if you have a problem, which is rubbish......they stab you in the back.Rules change to suit them. STAY AWAY.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Don't question the directors

So the teams have some good people but watch out for the back stabbers. Never open your mouth or disagree with any of the higher-up ivory tower dewelers. And also watch out if your face don't fit. Not much good to say about director back up.

Pros

Good facilities

Cons

Bad man managerment and coaching. Lack of recognition could go on

great bunch to work with

was here for nearly 11 years left due to family issue. great bunch to work with within the workshop area, management are good and flexible. worked 8-5 and one saturday all day a month

Pros

pension

Cons

all day saturday possibly not required

Fantastic, Tight-knit team

Worked as part of a fantastic, tight-knit team. Customer focused, with lots of opportunities to interact with other departments/locations, who were always patient and helpful. Approachable management team, supportive and fair. HR always willing to listen and work to resolve issues. Great discounts when buying cars and on rental prices.

Pros

Free Tea and Coffee, Free Employee Parking, Staff Discount

Cons

Long Hours- knew this at interview, childcare became issue later

1 Star is generous

How can anyone enjoy working there is beyond me very very poor management service manager is a poor people person and leaves everyone to do everything whilst his just going out for a cigarette every 20 minutes then spends double the time out there. equipment in the place is very poor and behind times. i dont know anyone who is happy there and no wonder everyone i spoke to is looking to get out asap. atmosphere is shocking and they will not help you progress or send you on any training coarse. my advice for anyone looking to work here STAY AWAY you will find a better place where youd be appreciated and better pay.

Pros

free coffee machine

Cons

management and the company

General dogs body

This is by far the worst or one of the worst Ford dealerships there is in the country. Staff are the rejects from elsewhere who have been sacked or can't get a better job anywhere else. Ford will hire you though as long as you are willing to work the role of 2/3 people with no on site training just chucked in at the deep end on your first day. Never any company stock available for business customers/clients. My advise is try Any other Ford nearby for a much better service. Prices are a rip off with not all that much happening behind the scenes. Parts department are good though apart from the ford prices. Always advertising cause people are always going elsewhere when they can. No customer service skills here just zero ability to do anything.

Poor management

Far from happy with the company and will look foreward to leaving soon staff not appreciated and wage is peanuts have to use holiday up for family emergencies illness appointments funerals mot happy with the direction management have made the company go and the way staff are treated

Pros

Cons

Almost every thing

Very poor management

Worked at John grose Lowestoft. Service manager does not have a clue about running a business and how he still has a job is beyond me. The Girls out the front get no help at all place is far to expensive to pull customers in poor wage don’t look after staff only care about figures and not the staffs health. The clowns upstairs don’t have a clue about anything. Glad to be gone and wouldn’t recommend anyone to use them for custom let alone work there.

Pros

Cons

A lot

n/a

Everyone I met at John Grose was friendly and there was a nice working atmosphere. I worked here for work experience and it was enjoyable. Whilst working here I learned about the workshop, the call centre, front desk, the part department and warehouse. I also learned about the showroom and insurance on the vehicles.

Jobs at John Grose

See more jobs

Friendly place to work

Transferring from public to private sector was quite daunting but the staff here have made the transition easy. I have settled in easily due to friendliness of staff at all levels and find the work interesting and varied.

Pros

Working pattern, team work, friendly staff

Great company to work for

I enjoyed my years with the company, learned loads and with time gained much experience unfortunately the company recently shut down so I am looking for another job.

Fast paced, interesting and varied

Challenging and rewarding environment to work. Lots of scope to get involved in different aspects of the company and real opportunity for progression with the right work ethic. Great team spirit, fair management style. Overall a great company to work for with lots of variety.

A great team to work with!

Having worked at John Grose for a number of years, the culture and ethos developed by the Management Teams and adopted by the employees is one of the key reasons for still being part of the Company. They have been fantastic at supporting me back into work after having children and have kept the work diverse and fast paced to keep it interesting.

Enjoyable and friendly working environment

Varied duties make for interesting days. Started as Trainee, learnt all skills on the job and made my way up within the department. Management and Senior Management are very approachable. There is a big emphasis on working within teams to get the job done accurately and on time. I like being able to interact with people within different parts of the business. Overall a great employer to work for... added bonus you can get great deals on purchasing cars and servicing/repairs.

Great atmosphere

Teams would work together to help each other when they could but there was also a lot of sole responsibility in certain aspects such as selling a car to a customer

Parts department

The parts manager thinks he know it all got an answer for everything even if your right he is never wrong never apologises if he is wrong the people he has working for him suck up to him something chronic just to keep him happy Also got on with everyone else in the company

No team ethic. Mostly poor management.

all profit.Targets. No teamwork. All bonus to Sales, not those supporting. drivers delivering long distance-lowest of the low-sky high expectations - moving cars locally pays the same as those who risk £250plus doing deliveries. Training is MINIMAL. HR poor. Will not deal with abusive staff. Avoid commercial jobs locally. Service department -more targets-too few skilled techs-high prices. Little skill recognition. They 'over promote' company people. HR- miles behind the times; try public service - miles better. Used car sales the only place to be.

Pros

Nothing to justify working there

Cons

Lack of teamwork. Sales people are treated like royalty

Fast paced and interesting

Started here as an apprentice over a year ago. Training has been very good and I'm learning a lot of working life and enjoying the challenge. All staff have made me feel so welcome and they are very helpful and always willing to help when it's needed. I have been assigned a mentor.

Pros

Great staff, good training, good career prospects

Avoid this company..!

THE worst company I've ever worked for.....management is a joke... HR manager is useless, do not listen to there employees whatsoever... You will only get far if you kiss up to the management. Awful pay, awful condition, awful company!

Pros

Nothing..!

Cons

You got a couple of hours spare while I'll list them..!

Sad to go :(

I have been very happy in my role in sales. Everyone is welcoming and training is good. Change in personal circumstances means I have to say farewell.

Pros

Work 'family'

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Grose. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8