John Parker & Son Ltd

John Parker & Son Ltd Employee Reviews

Over the 7 years worked , wages took 5 years to get a rise The management simply don"t listen or don"t want to You have to (brown nose)to get anywhere Only the managers favourites seem to get anywhere or continually get away with wrong doing . Very bad working atmosphere i.e dust particles in the air .. Everywhere Would not recommend unless all new management were to take over .
Not a company to build a career at, shift work 4 days on 4 days off alternating between day and night shifts, poor management, lack of communication. Good for gaining experience in the industry
Terrible place to work and be associated with. Ancient processes that are older than most of its employees. The worst type of corporate environment where no one wants to answer anything, or needs approval from 19 people to get anything done (which never eventually happens). Sums everything up when they bring out a new processes (which take months to get slightly usable) and not even the directors know how to use it. No progression, poor pay - somehow they manage to actually take money off of people. Not surprised it’s gone into administration, I’m just surprised someone’s bought it. I imagine it won’t last long, and their incompetence will soon catch up with them. The business just thinks of the ‘right now’ and not the day/week/year away. Mistakes on all orders deliveries/invoices. Company can’t get much right. GOOD LUCK
Pros
A job
Cons
Everything, management, pay/benefits.
Worked as a Sales Developer for 6 months. Highly pressured environment and bombarded with calls. System is outdated and inefficient and the Manager has unrealistic expectations. No support and company will terminate your position at a moments notice. Avoid at all costs as no job security.
Cons
Unrealistic expectation.
Worst place ever worked management awful truck are badly maintained treat staff like dogs transport organisation well a monkey could do better avoid trust me
Pros
Cons
Find somewhere else to work
There are no Pro's to working for this company..Its culture is out dated. Training is a Joke, Management are not interested only to tell you when you have done something wrong ( no surprise when no training provided)...No surprise then with the High turnover in staff
Pros
Nil
Cons
Dirty, poor facilities, etc etc... do not work for them
The culture at John Parker needs to change as new employees are being led by operatives who have been there for many decades and have fallen into bad habits.
Pros
Subidised shop
Cons
The culture is poor
After spending 3 MONTHS of driving there & back from Chatham which was ave 60- 90 mins at a time each way for numerous interviews using plenty of my own fuel, I was told that I was unsuccessful! Then they call me a month later saying they;d "changed their minds" & that the job was mine after all! What an AWFUL place to work...dirty,no heating or ventilation, bad pay,no benefits or incentive HORRIBLE atmosphere....Laurel & Hardy with maybe Frank Spencer as their manager could do a better job of running it. Unless your absolutely desperate DONT GO THERE. Even when I gave in my notice after surviving 3 months they couldn't give a toss!
Pros
not working there any more
Cons
got paid a bit while it lasted
I was employed by Parker’s for 1 month before deciding to leave the company... below is a list of pros and cons I discovered during my short time there. Pros: - Home Time - Staff Discount - PerkBox Cons: - Old fashioned out dated company - Yard was never kept clean - Constant Micro Management - Never any parking on site (Canterbury) - Leave work stressed / Unhappy - lack of training - Bad Pay - Extremely high labour turnover (alarm bells) - Poor facilities for Staff Some okay people here just let down by really bad management from top to bottom. I would never return no matter how badly I need a job! World rather pay higher prices from competitors out of principle.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Receiving telephone calls, producing invoices and dealing with enquiries and queries. Meet daily targets, make pro-active calls. Collating information onto reports, producing large steel orders and send to suppliers, negotiate prices. Maintaining stock levels and deal with in-house enquires on stocks. Nice environment, staff turn over very high.
Cons
Have to work long hours in dirty environment breathing in fumes. Extreme temperature s either very hot or cold parts of the site open to elements. No maintened washing facilities ?no sick pay
Pros
Nine
Cons
The worst management i have ever seen.Lots of errors and mistakes.No improve and development.Poor HR.Nights are terrible.this place will make you to hate being a cnc operator.Everyone is replaceable.Hard work won’t give you payrise.
Pros
Free tap water
Cons
If you are thinking of driving for parkers, Don't! The Transport manager is an idiot And the planners are a couple of morons who think it's funny to make your day as bad as possible And wages are terrible
Cons
Trust me DO NOT work here it is awful it's honestly like a prison camp. The pay is awful, the management don't care and ignore you, hr don't help just constantly palm you off and the boots they give you that you MUST wear are really badly uncomfortable my toes and feet were numb for days I even went to the doctors got a note to say that I couldn't wear them anymore as they were severely damaging my toes and feet and my manager still said I had to wear them. Honestly being unemployed is better then working here I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place is a con
Management is a joke from top to bottom with no direction and blame everything on the guy's at the bottom and don't take responsibility for there own miss management.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and bad managment
I worked as fabricator welder at there crawley builder beams. The environment is terrible, everyone mig welding and no extraction at all. The management are terrible, also delayed on drawings, especially materials, you would think that since Parker’s owning builder beams they would have a better way of making sure everyone gets what they need. They don’t care if you leave as there bring in someone else the next day. No appreciation at all, if it wasn’t that I made some good friends there I would of left sooner.
Pros
Not unemployed
Cons
Worked there for 3 years. July 14/Aug 17. Made redundant which management fixed points system to get rid off me. They now can’t employ anyone Management are terrible. Avoid at all costs Any problems come about and it’s your fault. Send you into London 65foot long. If you have a family you won’t see much of them as your always at work.
Pros
Your not unemployed
Cons
Long hours. Horrible working conditions. Etc.
Worked in the car dealership for a while. Had a brilliant team around us. Lack of management, being micro-managed from above and poor advertisement led to a poor place to be. They decided to make a few redundant on the 23rd of December then force others out. A good place to work for a while, ended up being a poor place with a lot of broken promises.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Poor management from above
although it can be a good place to work for training in specific job rolls is not given to anyone needing it. i am still here and do enjoy my job just want to go further
Pros
good collegues
Cons
bad management
I have been working at John Parker & Son for just over 2 months now and am greatly enjoying it. It is a very encouraging environment to work in where no idea is a bad one. It has been made clear to me, multiple times, that if there is anything I wish to do from a personal development point of view they would be more than willing to help. The management team are all approachable and from day one everyone has been welcoming. There is plenty of work to do and so far it has been very varied, never a dull moment!
Pros
Flexible working. Development opportunities. Perkbox.
Cons
Modest salary.
My main tasks are answering incoming calls and making outgoing calls, developing a ledger of customers into regular spenders. Have learnt a lot of skills on the job, sales and negotiating , as well as more technical aspects like drawing interpretation and machine capabilities, in order to sell more effectively to customers. The office atmosphere is a friendly one, we are always helping one another out if someone gets stuck with an issue or problem,this includes management, they are always on hand to help out and have an open door policy. The hardest part of the day is sometimes time management as we are always so busy and making sure we get all the tasks done by the end of the day sometimes takes a bit of juggling. Prospects are good for movement within the company, I have seen many people move up the ranks in my time here and I am proud to be a part of this well established, progressive company.
Pros
Prospects, training /skills