Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Summed up above.Reacting to daily needs of the client working within safety working systems and a good proportion of preventive maintenance work. Colleagues were great but the benefits were meagre,Poor remuneration, and very poor severance package on redundancy
Pros
Recognition of reaching targets, (through free meals)
Cons
Poor remuneration, and very poor severance package on redundancy
Appalling company to work for. Typical American firm preaching ethics and fairness but not following their own rules. Targets are moved if you look like you might achieve them and if you don’t then you’re out. Constant pressure and politics. No consideration for work/life balance just get the job done at any cost.Political correctness and bias everywhere with targets for ousting people that don’t tick the boxes to replace with those that do.Never once did I feel valued or like I was in a stable environment as Management always dreaming up the next “transformation”. Save yourself the angst and work for a company that lives it’s values....
Pros
Free car park and decent pension scheme
Cons
Too many to note here
Worse company I ever worked for. If your older or cannot meet their very high targets your out. No help from management. No care for anyone but themselves. No medical care unless your a manger.
Pros
Good Parking
Cons
Selfish company
If your face fits with the management then you're OK. If not, you may as well just leave. I was on HVAC service sales and after a slow start due to no onboarding (due to management changes) it soon became clear that I hadn't been introduced to the people in the business I needed the most. As such, this made for a slow start for me sales wise and soon made me unfavorable to the sales manager and HVAC director (both new).Good money and excellent commission if you can get sales in but there's to many people wanting to take a slice of your cake so don't expect to get commission based on the full sale.
Pros
Money
Cons
Poor management
The management are bullies. You will always get a high turnover when you treat your staff the way you do. Terrible training. Everyone always gossiping, especially management. If your face doesn't fit they try and get you to leave at the start. Avoid at all costs.
Cons
Employed for 3 weeks.BE aware this organisation is inefficiently run, from HR who you can't talk to or receive emails _ only after insisting_: it took more than 1 month from the recruitment process to the starting day, with incorrect contract information given, change starting dates... And after no emails from HR at end of leaving company... Useless HRManagement inexising, incompetent= OK if you like doing nothing, and like warehouse and management, company members disorganised.Waste of time if you want to grow your career do not waste your time there.
Pros
Doing nothing, plenty of free time, salary
Cons
Management, Hr, recruitment process, career progression
As above and would have stayed for a long time but the night shift got to me.Fantastic company and cared about their employees and expected you to earn your pay.Would work for them again no probs if the right opportunity presented itself
Pros
They pay well
Cons
Yes ling hiurs
Reward for effort? Not at JCA. Reward for 'creeping' to the Managers and Team Leaders. Those who were capable and competent at Team member level were overlooked for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Week nights/ week days
The Management need to give more support to their staff, especially when they are being told they need more staff to do the work, working overtime without pay.. Covering for sick most of the time. Should be one rule for all not just the Managers!I worked for J C for over 2 years in Customer Service.. Lovely colleagues, bad Mabsgers, would never work there again!!
Pros
Free fruit, tea n coffee
Cons
Long hours, no fairness, stressful
I wasn’t there for very long and was going to be offered a permanent position but do to the loss off a contract I had to leave. I was very comfortable there and personally disappointed but it was out of there hands. Very varied work and different destinations..
Pros
Subsidised cafeterias
Cons
No cons
Most of management spend their time asking their team to help them as they do not know the answer themselves. Promotion within the company is near none existent and if you do move department please do not expect a pay increase. Also you are more likely to get paid more working for a smaller company, which is possibly why staff turnover is very high. In the beginning it may seem like the company cares about your wellbeing, but in fact they do not. They care about work and if you are unable to work for whatever reason please do not expect sick pay it won't happen.
Pros
Colleagues are great people.
Cons
No one seems to do their job correctly.
everyone was very helpful, there was a lot of systems to use and training was always ongoing, the company as a whole was very flexible and understanding.
Pros
flexible
Cons
very busy at times
Nice place and friendly people that will help you if your'e stuck. I was one of the last to get giving a job working collecting the seat frames but i enjoyed the job and would like to go back.
Pros
Overtime and pay
Cons
Being let go
Excellent and established company, Great professional organisation, Helped my career immensely , Provided a company vehicle, Good work life balance, competitive salary, Great communication
Pros
Excellent company to work for
Cons
None i can honestly think of
Do it to them before they do it to you. Absolutely no thanks for working out of hours, or away from home in dangerous locations. Also unless working on one of key products forget any chance of one to ones with management or career training. Half the year you are put on travel bans and expense cuts but still expected to meet targets. The higher up the ladder you get, the more cliquey management becomes.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Need to have a face that fits
Home based office work allows for a relaxed environment ,as it is voids of office politics and allows one to focus on the tasks at hand.Working from home been a valuable tool during this global pandemic Working from home teaches self discipline.
Johnson Controls expect people to show their worth. Not a place to work if you want to skive. Quite a lot of staff turn over. If you can handle the pace, its a good environment.
The Letchworth site is run by a bully who does not listen to anyones opinions. This means nobody really bothers to raise potential problems as they at best ignored, and at worst they become a target for false accusations. The salary is poor and there is very little room for career advancement. Higher management is aware but does literally nothing to intervene, meaning the company loses many useful people.
Excellent quality inspection, well organized Excellent quality inspection experience Excellent management. Excellent workplace culture. The hardest part is when you leave Johson Controls. I love to work for them. Everything at Johson Controls is enjoyable. It is a well-organized Engineering company. Workers at Jonson Controls are very educated, open-minded and very friendly.
Not a very nice place to work. Was glad to leave. A lot of workplace bullying takes place. Management repeatedly abused powers to manipulate the workers.
for the length of time I worked for company it was a fast paced very productive job.I enjoyed the challenge it offered and any training I was offered which benefits the company, I was only temp agency and appreciated the work and wage. I am now searching for perm employment within my area as I cycle to work. I am excellent time keeper and appreciate any overtime offered
Pros
on going work
  1. Employee reviews