Johnsons Workwear Ltd

Johnsons Workwear Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Johnsons Workwear Ltd selected this as a representative review
Johnsons has made me feel incredibly welcome since I started a year ago. There's a real family feel to the company and no "them and us" feel when it comes to management. We even get to go on an all expenses paid trip with our families to a theme park every year!
Pros
Family feel company
21 August 2019
Thank you for your review. We're really proud of the family feel throughout our sites.
The working hours are suitable and so is the location. I enjoy going to work. Management are ok and don’t speak to you like dirt. The work is ok and people get along
Pros
Free drinks machine
22 February 2021
Thank you for your review. Great to hear you enjoy your role!
Multidrop driver job in Gateshead depot is really bad couse bad managment. The manager is a bullie and he and his palls drinking the coffe while you have to do it them jobs.
Pros
Cons
Bad managment
15 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Bullying is something we take very seriously so I will ensure your comments are passed to the relevant sources.
Dreadful.place to work. Full of bullying management that are allowed to continue on every level. HR are pointless to approach about anything and upper management just protect those they like and throw the rest to the wolves.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, dreadful atmosphere
15 January 2021
Johnsons is a fantastic company to work for. The hours are great for drivers and you really feel part of a team. There are several benefits that are on offer that I haven’t had with other organisations, not all companies take you and your family to theme parks!
Pros
Great hours
14 August 2020
Thank you for your review, it's great to gear that you enjoy your role. We're proud of the benefits we're able to offer our employees and their families.
Absolutely one of the best jobs i have ever had the management are suportive and very friendley A great support network from shop floor to general manager
25 August 2020
Thank you for your review, we pride ourselves in supporting our staff and their development and it's really nice to hear our employees agree.
Very good to work for, work all Bank Holiday for time and half great team of people 3 brakes split up the day team leader always help anyone if they was stuck
Pros
8 until half 4
Cons
Work some weekends
11 August 2020
Thank you for your review. We are proud of the culture here at Johnsons Workwear and we're happy to hear you feel the same.
Management good, had health issue while I was there and treated fantastically. Even when I came back they looked after me. But in the long I & knew that for the best of my health was to take it easy till my health improved which I agreed with. It was sad to leave a job I liked.
Pros
Fun & friendly
Cons
Very hot in summer
11 August 2020
Thank you for your review. We're sad to see you leave and wish you all the best in the future.
Although I left for health reasons I wish I was still working there it’s a good job friendly management and brilliant work colleagues always there for you to help
Pros
Early finish
6 August 2020
Thank you for your review. We wish you all the best for the future.
Was doing well, although money was terrible, Finished me first day of Covid lockdown, single mother of 3! Not a people company - profits before people!
6 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Unfortunately the pandemic has affected our business as it has for many across the globe. We are very much a people company however and recently conducted an employee engagement survey of which employee satisfaction scored very high across all of our sites.
Not aloud to talk . Your constantly watched it like working in a prison laundry. Standing for 8hrs not allowed to sit down only on breaks. But washroom can do what like.Teamleader only has to cry to managers and gets away with everything.
Pros
There aint any
Cons
Monday to Friday
12 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The role of production operative is a job where you do have to stand up which will have been explained to you in your interview and will also have been on the job description when you applied. Regarding talking, we are a very social company and its one of the aspects that we scored highly on in our latest employee feedback exercise.
Very fast paced atmosphere but relaxed and easy to talk to team! So friendly but firm when needed for targets to be met! Highly recommend to anyone that isn’t afraid of heavy lifting or Manuel labour.
2 March 2020
Thank you for your review. We're proud of the culture we have here at Johnson's and the friendly atmosphere that we have at all of our sites.
Management are terrible, they allow bullying. They have no compassion, if your not in the click you have to work twice as hard to make up for others sitting on thier phones, having extra ibreaks. The staff that work there are just as bad, they treat you badly. Lots of screaming, shouting at each other, people usually last at max 6 months then leave.
18 February 2020
I'm sorry to hear this. Bullying is something that we do not tolerate here at Johnson's Workwear and any issues are dealt with promptly by our HR team. Thank you for your feedback and I'll certainly look into this for you.
Johnson's is a fantastic company if you're looking for a role where you're encouraged, treated as part of the family and most of all trusted to do your job.
10 January 2020
Thank you for your review. We are very proud of the family feel that we have here at Johnson's.
I have worked for Johnsons for just under two years and I have loved every second. There has been plenty of development opportunities for me and I have always felt supported in my role. The friendly culture is what makes Johnsons such a great company to work for. I have felt a member of the Johnsons family since day one and I look forward to further opportunities that I will be given here.
10 January 2020
Thank you for your comment. Our award winning Johnson's Academy provide fantastic tools and support in order to help our staff to progress.
Dont waste your time going for driving job the money is poor you have to work bank holidays o sick pay, the management will tell you anything to get you to take the job
28 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We ensure the contract that you sign when you start employment with us is transparent, this includes details regarding sick pay and your working hours.
Factory environment collect filthy overalls put into cages and take back for cleaning worst job I've ever had. Hours are quite good but they have a high turnover of drivers because of the nature of the job.Money doesn't reflect on the dirty work required.
28 November 2019
Thank you for your comment. When you apply for vacancies with us/come for an interview we advise what the role will involve. It's unfortunate that you didn't enjoy your time with us as we have many employee's who do.
Great company to work for friendly and approachable management team in transport Will let you get on with job and not be on your back will always back drivers decision if sensible
18 November 2019
Thank you for your comments. We have a fantastic management team here at Johnson's and its great to hear such positive feedback.
Fast paced environment, working for a company that is responsible for big customers. timing and hard working is everything in this job, especially near xmas.
18 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your feedback.
This job was ok. Very fast paced but I worked twilight shift so left as needed more hours and to spend time with family as they were young at the time
25 October 2019
Thank you for your comment. We are very proud of the work life balance we have here at Johnson's.
Not just a driver, you collect and empty dirty soil lockers, also put away overalls into lockers, a lot of stair work, carrying bags 30+ at a time, no help and management turn blind eye to your health and safety. Breaks-your expected to work through at times, your requested to work as hard and fast as possible to return soiled workwear back to base do laundry can get a head start.
Pros
Job security
25 October 2019
Thank you for your comment. Our drivers are not instructed to work through their breaks and this is reflected on their tachographs. Health and Safety is paramount and our management team have regular training to ensure their knowledge is up to date.