Johnsons Workwear Ltd

friendlyteamfamilystaffhourcompanyplacemanagement

Great place to be!

Featured review

Johnsons Workwear Ltd selected this as a representative review
Quick and easy recruitment with great communication throughout the whole process. Fantastic place to work with a good atmosphere and amazing people.A good work life balance is promoted with the business being flexible to working hours and personal needs. Early finish on a Friday is a major plus and the dress down days as well.

4 August 2022
Thank you for your review. The work life balance here at Johnsons is something we're very proud of.

Great Place to work

Johnsons Workwear is a caring and welcoming company which understands family life. When I started was very welcoming and fit straight away. The easy part of the Job was getting along with the people I work with and management. The hardest part of the Job was understanding all of the systems which Johnsons has in place but I got there with Training and help from colleges.

4 August 2022
Thank you for your review. It's fantastic that you felt so welcome, the teams here are great!

Insights into Johnsons Workwear Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Poorly Managed site

Poorly treated management. The site is run on a culture of hearsay and gossip, creating a team that is constantly trying to place blame rather than work on solutions.

11 July 2022
Thank you for your review. We'll certainly take your comments on board and report them to the correct channel.

Good and bad

Not a bad place to work, pay could be better. Hours are good and nice people but bad communication between different departments. Lots of people leaving due to new computer system.

11 July 2022
Thank you for your review. We're currently rolling out a robust training programme which will help iron out these type of issues.

Lovely company to work for

Great company, basic salary in sales below the standard but excellent commission package. I left due to needing a higher confirmed basic for security. Loved the people I met at Johnson’s across the board

11 July 2022
Thank you for your review, our people are what make us the best. Good luck in your new role.

Shocking

Wouldn't touch the place unless you like working with ex military style work ethic management would pull you into the office and dress you down for not taking your tacho break when they told you to

11 July 2022
Thank you for your review. It's a shame you thought this as we are proud of the culture across all of our sites which is why our retention rates are so high. I'll be sure to feed your comments back however.

Unproffesional Managers throughout

Management does not treat individuals fairly and there is a culture of "If your face fits" throughout. They also allow members of staff to continue working there when they have committed various infractions of misconduct

29 March 2022
Thank you for your review, if you are still with Johnsons Workwear I would recommend getting in touch with our HR team.

Worst job I ever had

The worst job that I have ever had the training was poor, then when asked for help you was spoken to like you was a piece of … run for you life don’t work here !

29 March 2022
Thank you for your review. It's a shame that you felt you didn't have adequate training as our training team have won several awards. I will however pass on your feedback.

productive and can be a fun workplace

Disadvantage is that they have short term temporary contracts and if you want more hours then you need to wait until one comes up. fun and enjoyable place to work and the pay is reasonable but could be better on early morning shifts.

Pros

fun and enjoyable place and staff

Cons

short temporary contracts

20 January 2022
Thanks for your review, it's great that you're enjoying your time with us.

Productive , team orientated , great atmosphere & fun activities as well

This is a great company to work for . Nationally - they have extensive training programmes for all and there are plenty of opportunities to succeed and progress .On the Brighton site , the atmosphere is productive and friendly .It can get busy but we help each other and work as a team To lighten the working week we have quiz's on a Friday with a winning prize and long running competitions where everyone takes part from Manager to Driver to Machine operator . Great place to work .

Pros

The staff, job security

Cons

there are none .

17 November 2021
Thank you for your review, our Training team are award winners and for good reason. Good luck in this weeks quiz!

Delivery driver

Was employed as a driver no contract no induction had a accident on the run was off for a month termination of employment after been there for 7 weeks stay clear of them

17 November 2021
Thank you for your review. All our employees are given contracts, apologies however you weren't issued with one. If you had advised your manager or HR we could have rectified this for you.

Enjoyable

The working hours are suitable and so is the location. I enjoy going to work. Management are ok and don’t speak to you like dirt. The work is ok and people get along

Pros

Free drinks machine

22 February 2021
Thank you for your review. Great to hear you enjoy your role!

Bad place to work

Multidrop driver job in Gateshead depot is really bad couse bad managment. The manager is a bullie and he and his palls drinking the coffe while you have to do it them jobs.

Pros

Cons

Bad managment

15 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Bullying is something we take very seriously so I will ensure your comments are passed to the relevant sources.

Awful place to work

Dreadful.place to work. Full of bullying management that are allowed to continue on every level. HR are pointless to approach about anything and upper management just protect those they like and throw the rest to the wolves.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bad pay, dreadful atmosphere

15 January 2021

Best driving job I’ve had

Johnsons is a fantastic company to work for. The hours are great for drivers and you really feel part of a team. There are several benefits that are on offer that I haven’t had with other organisations, not all companies take you and your family to theme parks!

Pros

Great hours

14 August 2020
Thank you for your review, it's great to gear that you enjoy your role. We're proud of the benefits we're able to offer our employees and their families.

good place to work

Absolutely one of the best jobs i have ever had the management are suportive and very friendley A great support network from shop floor to general manager

25 August 2020
Thank you for your review, we pride ourselves in supporting our staff and their development and it's really nice to hear our employees agree.

All in was brilliant

Very good to work for, work all Bank Holiday for time and half great team of people 3 brakes split up the day team leader always help anyone if they was stuck

Pros

8 until half 4

Cons

Work some weekends

11 August 2020
Thank you for your review. We are proud of the culture here at Johnsons Workwear and we're happy to hear you feel the same.

Good

Management good, had health issue while I was there and treated fantastically. Even when I came back they looked after me. But in the long I & knew that for the best of my health was to take it easy till my health improved which I agreed with. It was sad to leave a job I liked.

Pros

Fun & friendly

Cons

Very hot in summer

11 August 2020
Thank you for your review. We're sad to see you leave and wish you all the best in the future.

Good secure job

Although I left for health reasons I wish I was still working there it’s a good job friendly management and brilliant work colleagues always there for you to help

Pros

Early finish

6 August 2020
Thank you for your review. We wish you all the best for the future.

Was doing well

Was doing well, although money was terrible, Finished me first day of Covid lockdown, single mother of 3! Not a people company - profits before people!

6 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Unfortunately the pandemic has affected our business as it has for many across the globe. We are very much a people company however and recently conducted an employee engagement survey of which employee satisfaction scored very high across all of our sites.

Awful place

Not aloud to talk . Your constantly watched it like working in a prison laundry. Standing for 8hrs not allowed to sit down only on breaks. But washroom can do what like.Teamleader only has to cry to managers and gets away with everything.

Pros

There aint any

Cons

Monday to Friday

12 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The role of production operative is a job where you do have to stand up which will have been explained to you in your interview and will also have been on the job description when you applied. Regarding talking, we are a very social company and its one of the aspects that we scored highly on in our latest employee feedback exercise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnsons Workwear Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement