JPI Media

JPI Media Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews

Targets too high

Basically, in short, OK place to work as management are brilliant. Targets unachievable. Difficult market, Basically you're cold calling businesses about marketing. But it's newspaper based. The competition us Google, almost next to impossible to overcome as Google are the masters.

Pros

Lovely dining area, free coffee etc

Cons

Targets unachievable

Going down the pan

Its a sinking ship. Redundancies left right and centre. New company owners just dont care about staffThe place used to be a good place to work. New dept manager changed that

Insights into JPI Media

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Really enjoyed my time there

Was a good place with good people. Really enjoyed it. Being a consultant role each day was different with different challenges. Management great, colleagues great. Always had support when needed.

Pros

company car, generous bonus, work from home, travel expenses, good holidays

Media Sales Exectutive

Great paid job with huge bonuses, car, expenses. As long as you work ahead of yourself, you have the freedom to do your daily tasks at home like, school pick ups etc. If you have the passion to sell and customer service skills to talk face to face with old and new customers, give it go. 8 years and enjoyed every minute.

Pros

Freedom to do your best and not be micro managed

Cons

Never know when redundancies will come up

No progression opportunities and a cliquey management team

Dependant on which department you are in, there are little to no options to progress. Management will always take the side of management and not the employee in disputes or grievances, unfairly driving people out of the job at times. HR are outrightly aggressive/defensive.Lax with personal data.Pay and bonus are decent. Generally a good overall environment until something requires solving/an issue is raised which requires HR involvement.

Pros

Decent bonus structure

Cons

Management and HR work against staff interests

Mobile patrol Clumber park

Training very poor if your not from around Worksop don't bother applying ,never see management unless they want to give you warning ,if cars brake down management don't come out to help

Pros

4 on 4 off

Cons

2 month in hand before your paid

Hard work with no benefits and no job security

Lots of pressures that are in every day tasks. Too much is expected from you for little to no rewards. The communication from higher powers is non existence and there is no job security due to covid

Worked here over 5 years and love the atmosphere and the team spirit. The bonuses and flexibility in the role are great and fit well around my circumstances

Fun place to work with rewarding bonus'!

I have been working for JPI for over 5 years' now. The team I work on are great and we all get along very well. The work and home life balance is amazing and the company are very flexible around parents and personal life. The role I do is very enjoyable and rewarding, which is recognised from management continuously.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

None!

JPI is a great business to work for, they look after their staff and always look for ways to develop internally! I have been given so many opportunities to develop my skills and experience and it has been great for my career.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JPI Media?

Great place to work with great people

I love working at JPI Media. The team are great, the work is varied and interesting and the hours are perfect. I feel challenged in the role, but just enough, and enjoy the work we do.

Relaxed place to work and great colleagues

Working at JPI media suits me and my situation. Flexible hours, competitive pay and great bonuses. I love the agile working conditions as well and my boss is great.

Pros

Free parking

Fast paced sales environment

Worked for JPI Media/JPress for 20 years in a varitey of sales management roles. Learnt how to work to strict deadlines and across a variety of new product launches. Had to adapt to the shift from print to online and manage a team through constant change.

Pros

The people!

Cons

Declining industry

Some amazing people

A lot of great people working hard to maintain high standards and deliver great results for customers. Higher management and the board are now moving more towards cost saving then maintaining these standards.

Pros

Fantastic trusted brands & some great people

Cons

Higher management detached from the salespeople

Good atmosphere

Very positive and happy place to work with great people who have became friends for life, Tough job but very rewarding when targets are achieved. Overall highly recommend

Feels like a family

Managers are fair and always strive to help you improve. The job is fairly complex so the company don't expect you to be perfect and with this they give you all the tools you need to advance. It is an amazing place to work if you want to be celebrated for your efforts with promotions and small gestures of appreciation eg, team meals out for hitting team targets. I haven't been within the company long but they have already shown a caring and progressive attitude towards all their hard working staff.

Hard working salesforce

Unstable company with massive job cuts every year. Revenues in constant decline and titles closing. Morale amongst staff is very low and constant change to cut costs, currently up for sale.

Business up for sale so worried employees

very fast paced target driven environment lower management very supportive senior management make decisions constant battles over customers for field sales reps targets are at a stretch so lots of hard work required great team of people on the ground who work hard and have a good work ethic

Toxic

Toxic environment, underpaid and overworked and lied to. The staff there are constantly botching and so are the managers. Extremely unprofessional and rude

Great job

JPI media was a great job overall however the messages from the upper management team changes on a weekly basis and you are often expected to work towards a kip or sell a product only for it to change and not matter suddenly

dreadful

Company is run by money-hungry people who will sabotage you at any possible opportunity. Jobs are routinely cut short and staff are let go without much warning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPI Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement