Junior Jam
Junior Jam Employee Review

Organised and Supportive

9 October 2019
I have loved working at Junior Jam as a manger. I co-ordinate and manage a team of staff that deliver a variety of subjects. I meet a range of different staff and support them with staff training and organising team teaches at their schools. Junior Jam have given me the tools to support my teachers and I have felt supported by the team around me.
5.0Job security/advancement
27 November 2020
Same location
Junior Manager (Current Employee) - Bradford, West Yorkshire
I started working for Junior Jam as a music instructor, and I absolutely love that I was able to teach a subject that I really enjoy and am passionate about. I was worried about equipment, but the company actually gives you all the instruments and equipment, and if anything breaks you just let the office know and they just send you a new one.I was given a pay rise after 3 months of teaching here, and I have now progressed from being a member of the teaching staff to a junior manager. This means being responsible for a larger area, which can mean some long drives. Saying this, the office atmosphere is relaxed and i get paid for my mileage anyway! This started as a part time job, so I am very thankful I’ve been able to progress the way I have in such a short time. Overall, I really like working for Junior Jam, and I think its perfect for anyone just out of university who wants to get into teaching.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Benefits
Cons
Long drives as a manager
16 March 2021
French Instructor (Current Employee) - Greater Manchester
I have been working with Junior Jam as a French Instructor since Sept 2019.It is always with pleasure that I go to allocated schools to teach my language ( I am French living in the UK and I don’t have opportunity to speak it often otherwise). For any topic to be taught, we are provided with very detailed lesson plans which are very easy to follow, full of ideas, plenty of games & songs, to be able to teach in a fun way ; moreover, I am given the opportunity & freedom to use my own ideas too, which is very helpful, especially for younger children, whom we need to keep focused through various means.Any question, clarification, concern or advise : I have always had a reply /an answer within couple of hours from the Management team.Lockdowns have not been easy for anyone... but after schools closure, Junior Jam Management have bounced back very efficiently & professionally, whether to understand and help employees’requirements to adjust such unusual situation, or, above all, to provide schools very quickly with “remote teaching” so that the learning keep going in the most “normal” way.Working with JJ also enables to maintain a good life balance : “home-time” for pupils is also my “home-time” which means I can go back to my family at reasonable hours... :)
Pros
Detailed lesson plans provided so any preparation for sessions is very straight forward and fun!
Cons
No mileage compensation for MFL staff, so if you are lucky to have various schools in different locations, it is a cost in petrol.
27 November 2020
Martial Arts Instructor (Current Employee) - West Yorkshire
I’ve worked as a martial arts and sports coach for junior Jam for around 7/8 years. At the beginning there have been a few ups and downs in the job title but the management always did their best to resolve the issues. Over the years I’ve worked here the business has evolved hugely and ironed out every issues to create a fun, friendly and well experienced team. Any problems are assessed and the management always address them with a fair open mind regardless of the customer. One of the most professional companies in the business with some amazing and talented staff. 90% of the staff have ongoing hobbies and jobs within their specialists subjects, the dance teaches also perform at a high level, martial arts staff run their own successful training facilities, the MFL staff are bilingual and originate from their home countries and the media and music staff perform at live events with their own bands and groups.
Pros
Experienced and well organised company
  1. Organised and Supportive