Junior Jam

Junior Jam Employee Reviews

I have been working with Junior Jam as a French Instructor since Sept 2019.It is always with pleasure that I go to allocated schools to teach my language ( I am French living in the UK and I don’t have opportunity to speak it often otherwise). For any topic to be taught, we are provided with very detailed lesson plans which are very easy to follow, full of ideas, plenty of games & songs, to be able to teach in a fun way ; moreover, I am given the opportunity & freedom to use my own ideas too, which is very helpful, especially for younger children, whom we need to keep focused through various means.Any question, clarification, concern or advise : I have always had a reply /an answer within couple of hours from the Management team.Lockdowns have not been easy for anyone... but after schools closure, Junior Jam Management have bounced back very efficiently & professionally, whether to understand and help employees’requirements to adjust such unusual situation, or, above all, to provide schools very quickly with “remote teaching” so that the learning keep going in the most “normal” way.Working with JJ also enables to maintain a good life balance : “home-time” for pupils is also my “home-time” which means I can go back to my family at reasonable hours... :)
Pros
Detailed lesson plans provided so any preparation for sessions is very straight forward and fun!
Cons
No mileage compensation for MFL staff, so if you are lucky to have various schools in different locations, it is a cost in petrol.
I started working for Junior Jam as a music instructor, and I absolutely love that I was able to teach a subject that I really enjoy and am passionate about. I was worried about equipment, but the company actually gives you all the instruments and equipment, and if anything breaks you just let the office know and they just send you a new one.I was given a pay rise after 3 months of teaching here, and I have now progressed from being a member of the teaching staff to a junior manager. This means being responsible for a larger area, which can mean some long drives. Saying this, the office atmosphere is relaxed and i get paid for my mileage anyway! This started as a part time job, so I am very thankful I’ve been able to progress the way I have in such a short time. Overall, I really like working for Junior Jam, and I think its perfect for anyone just out of university who wants to get into teaching.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Benefits
Cons
Long drives as a manager
I’ve worked as a martial arts and sports coach for junior Jam for around 7/8 years. At the beginning there have been a few ups and downs in the job title but the management always did their best to resolve the issues. Over the years I’ve worked here the business has evolved hugely and ironed out every issues to create a fun, friendly and well experienced team. Any problems are assessed and the management always address them with a fair open mind regardless of the customer. One of the most professional companies in the business with some amazing and talented staff. 90% of the staff have ongoing hobbies and jobs within their specialists subjects, the dance teaches also perform at a high level, martial arts staff run their own successful training facilities, the MFL staff are bilingual and originate from their home countries and the media and music staff perform at live events with their own bands and groups.
Pros
Experienced and well organised company
"I have been very fortunate to work for Junior Jam since January 2015. I find management very approachable and supportive. Junior Jam has always provided me with a wide range of schools which has enhanced my experience as a classroom teacher. It is highly rewarding the enthusiasm that I receive from pupils when I arrive in school to deliver my lessons. I thoroughly enjoy working on my own as much as working alongside other Junior Jam Music, PE and Media teachers as part of a carousel. Through games and fun activities Junior Jam offers an invaluable opportunity to young children to learn another language and become more tolerant towards other cultures and citizens of the world".
Pros
Supportive, great management, valuable teaching experience
Junior jam is a good company to work for. The pay is above average and the managerial team support you whenever you need help or guidance.As a musician outside of my role as a junior jam teacher, I am able to book time off for my music work if management are informed in enough of an advance, which I really appreciate. All equipment is good, and the lesson plans are inspiring. I feel like JJ are providing a brilliant service to primary school children where perhaps subjects like music are sometimes lacking in schools.
Pros
Travel pay
Cons
Lots of equipment to carry around
Working at Junior Jam has been the best work decision I have ever made, the other employees including management are really helpful when it comes to any uncertainty within the job role. I remember fitting in right away and overcoming any worries about teaching very quickly thanks to the support and training I was given before hand. This job is very rewarding in many ways from putting a smile on a child's faces to being employee of the month bonus to the easy school shift patterns. I would recommend working for this company highly!
Pros
Easy hours with great pay
Cons
No overtime and may get far schools
I have been working for Junior Jam for just over a year now as a French and Spanish teacher. Although I live in Walsall, West Midlands - over 100 miles away from the company's head office in Bradford - I never feel too far away from my line manager or boss, who are always happy to answer my queries by phone or email, or our technical staff, who are always on hand to troubleshoot any problems I encounter. My superiors also trust my subject-specific knowledge and linguistic expertise, allowing me to get on with my job and find the best way to impart my knowledge onto my students. Lesson plans and resources are already provided, but we're equally encouraged to use our own activities and methods, as long as the lesson objective is met. I particularly enjoy having this level of freedom, which I would consider one of the greatest perks of my role. An even greater perk, though, is the work-life balance that I have struck while working at Junior Jam. Since I started working for the company, I have also been building my freelance translation business, with 3pm finishes giving me enough time to market my services and build my online presence. Then, as more clients, and thus, more translation work started coming in, the management team happily agreed to cut my hours, enabling me to balance my time more evenly across both jobs and have more free time. No other job would have given me so much freedom in that respect. Overall, Junior Jam is a great company that not only values the skills and knowledge of its employees, but also understands the importance of striking a healthy - more...
Pros
You have freedom, you feel respected and the hours are short for the money.
Cons
You may have to travel quite far (e.g. I live at least 10 miles away from most of my schools), so I wouldn't recommended the job for non-drivers.
I have been working with Junior Jam since April 2019 and can hands down say that it is the best Company I have ever worked for! All the management staff are so supportive and at the end of the phone should you need them. The schools are brilliant and there is good communication between them and Junior Jam.Great salary and benefits throughout the contract. I cannot fault them! The lesson that we do are fun and exciting for all students! I teach Music and Drama. So far I have been supplied with African Drums, Keyboards, Boomwhackers, the list goes on!! I look forward to renewing many more contracts with Junior Jam in the Future!
Pros
Great Salary, Lesson Plans, Supportive Company
I have been working at Junior Jam for almost 12 months now , I am a Sports Coach based in a Primary School in Newcastle where I deliver PE and after school sports clubs.The equipment provided is fantastic and allows you to deliver a range of sports , improving the pupil’s experience of PE and School Sport. Everything is made easy with staff app available on your personal device which provides access to lesson plans and curriculum links , with flexibility to tweak the sessions to suit the participants ensuring the Learning Objectives are met.Being one or the only member based in The North East I do sometimes feel a little isolated as I don’t really know any of the other sports coaches etc, however I am always kept in the loop from management regarding updates , training etc so this is good. I do think this has forced me to take the responsibility of forming a closer relationship with my school and taking more ownership in my job role which I have enjoyed.It would be nice in the near future to receive an appraisal or have somebody assess my work during a lesson in order to gain feedback and improve in my job role , as well hopefully leading to pay rises, promotion etc in the future. Overall I would definitely recommend working with Junior Jam in what has been a rewarding experience.
I am a media instructor here at Junior Jam teaching all kinds of creative topics. Working in a school environment had never been something that drew much interest to me. Yet I absolutely love it! Teaching fun, exciting and engaging topics to the children allows me to wake up and want to go to work. (not many people can say they are happy with their job). The most rewarding part is seeing the enthusiasm from the majority of the children and them loving your lessons.The management team are so supportive and always listen. I believe it’s important to have a team that you can confide in with any work related issues. On top of that, they throw a great summer and Xmas do!! I have recommended Junior Jam to many friends as they are a great company to work for.
A fabulous place to work with a lot of scope to add your own stamp to the company. You work very closely with young people and schools in your local area delivering some of the best lessons I have seen. In the year i have been there, I have done lessons on programming, music, animation and photography to name a few! All of the sessions are planned out and have been greatly received from both staff and students alike. The schools you work with are very welcoming and you can tell they enjoy their experience with Junior Jam. Staff in the area are very friendly and everyone gets on with everyone. Overall it is a very pleasant place to work and a very rewarding job to have!Everything is given to you from day one and from the moment you enter a classroom to the moment you leave you feel supported and looked after. All the resources are current and updated frequently, there is a bit of carrying involved with the role but nothing that anyone who is physically fit couldn't handle!The management are always on hand for questions and should any problems rarely arise. You always feel the management are on your side first and foremost. I have worked for the company for a year now and have had no problems with anyone!
Pros
Ability to pick your own hours/flexibility. Level of Equipment that is given to you!
Cons
Carrying said equipment around!
I have loved working at Junior Jam as a manger. I co-ordinate and manage a team of staff that deliver a variety of subjects. I meet a range of different staff and support them with staff training and organising team teaches at their schools. Junior Jam have given me the tools to support my teachers and I have felt supported by the team around me.
I’m a sports coach. I generally teach sports like football, cricket, boxercise, athletics, basketball and dodgeball. I’ve been at Junior Jam for around 4 years give or take a couple of months. I love working at the schools I’m at. It’s strange, as just before I started the job I thought I’d like working with the most talented kids, However the most rewarding part is seeing a child with no confidence or struggling to make friends and seeing them through sport, their confidence grow or them make friendships and as a result become happier. It’s a feeling money can’t buy. The training is generally good, you get to attend sessions ran by other coaches. So you can see how they go about it and pick up ideas, coaching techniques, discipline procedures etc... Also most coaches let you run part of a session, so you can get a taste of what it will be like when you are running the sessions yourself. The session plans are more than decent in theory but as schools have different facilities, children of the same age having differing abilities at different schools and the Equipment and support is fantastic, anybody working for Junior Jam will have no complaints in this department. I would say working for Junior Jam at different school has been my most enjoyable and rewarding job I have ever had. I regularly come away from sessions thinking I’m getting paid to have fun. I’d most definitely recommend working for Junior Jam. You get a good hourly rate to do a rewarding job.
Pros
Good pay for enjoyable job
Cons
Teaching pet outside in winter
  1. Employee reviews