Junior Jam

Junior Jam Employee Reviews in Birmingham

I have been working for Junior Jam for just over a year now as a French and Spanish teacher. Although I live in Walsall, West Midlands - over 100 miles away from the company's head office in Bradford - I never feel too far away from my line manager or boss, who are always happy to answer my queries by phone or email, or our technical staff, who are always on hand to troubleshoot any problems I encounter. My superiors also trust my subject-specific knowledge and linguistic expertise, allowing me to get on with my job and find the best way to impart my knowledge onto my students. Lesson plans and resources are already provided, but we're equally encouraged to use our own activities and methods, as long as the lesson objective is met. I particularly enjoy having this level of freedom, which I would consider one of the greatest perks of my role. An even greater perk, though, is the work-life balance that I have struck while working at Junior Jam. Since I started working for the company, I have also been building my freelance translation business, with 3pm finishes giving me enough time to market my services and build my online presence. Then, as more clients, and thus, more translation work started coming in, the management team happily agreed to cut my hours, enabling me to balance my time more evenly across both jobs and have more free time. No other job would have given me so much freedom in that respect. Overall, Junior Jam is a great company that not only values the skills and knowledge of its employees, but also understands the importance of striking a healthy - more...
Pros
You have freedom, you feel respected and the hours are short for the money.
Cons
You may have to travel quite far (e.g. I live at least 10 miles away from most of my schools), so I wouldn't recommended the job for non-drivers.
I am a media instructor here at Junior Jam teaching all kinds of creative topics. Working in a school environment had never been something that drew much interest to me. Yet I absolutely love it! Teaching fun, exciting and engaging topics to the children allows me to wake up and want to go to work. (not many people can say they are happy with their job). The most rewarding part is seeing the enthusiasm from the majority of the children and them loving your lessons.The management team are so supportive and always listen. I believe it’s important to have a team that you can confide in with any work related issues. On top of that, they throw a great summer and Xmas do!! I have recommended Junior Jam to many friends as they are a great company to work for.