Junior Jam

Junior Jam Employee Reviews for Instructor

I have been working with Junior Jam as a French Instructor since Sept 2019.It is always with pleasure that I go to allocated schools to teach my language ( I am French living in the UK and I don’t have opportunity to speak it often otherwise). For any topic to be taught, we are provided with very detailed lesson plans which are very easy to follow, full of ideas, plenty of games & songs, to be able to teach in a fun way ; moreover, I am given the opportunity & freedom to use my own ideas too, which is very helpful, especially for younger children, whom we need to keep focused through various means.Any question, clarification, concern or advise : I have always had a reply /an answer within couple of hours from the Management team.Lockdowns have not been easy for anyone... but after schools closure, Junior Jam Management have bounced back very efficiently & professionally, whether to understand and help employees’requirements to adjust such unusual situation, or, above all, to provide schools very quickly with “remote teaching” so that the learning keep going in the most “normal” way.Working with JJ also enables to maintain a good life balance : “home-time” for pupils is also my “home-time” which means I can go back to my family at reasonable hours... :)
Pros
Detailed lesson plans provided so any preparation for sessions is very straight forward and fun!
Cons
No mileage compensation for MFL staff, so if you are lucky to have various schools in different locations, it is a cost in petrol.
Working at Junior Jam has been the best work decision I have ever made, the other employees including management are really helpful when it comes to any uncertainty within the job role. I remember fitting in right away and overcoming any worries about teaching very quickly thanks to the support and training I was given before hand. This job is very rewarding in many ways from putting a smile on a child's faces to being employee of the month bonus to the easy school shift patterns. I would recommend working for this company highly!
Pros
Easy hours with great pay
Cons
No overtime and may get far schools
I am a media instructor here at Junior Jam teaching all kinds of creative topics. Working in a school environment had never been something that drew much interest to me. Yet I absolutely love it! Teaching fun, exciting and engaging topics to the children allows me to wake up and want to go to work. (not many people can say they are happy with their job). The most rewarding part is seeing the enthusiasm from the majority of the children and them loving your lessons.The management team are so supportive and always listen. I believe it’s important to have a team that you can confide in with any work related issues. On top of that, they throw a great summer and Xmas do!! I have recommended Junior Jam to many friends as they are a great company to work for.