Junior Jam logo

4.8
Work-life balance
4.6
Pay & benefits

Teaching made fun and easy!

I have been working with Junior Jam as a French Instructor since Sept 2019.It is always with pleasure that I go to allocated schools to teach my language ( I am French living in the UK and I don’t have opportunity to speak it often otherwise). For any topic to be taught, we are provided with very detailed lesson plans which are very easy to follow, full of ideas, plenty of games & songs, to be able to teach in a fun way ; moreover, I am given the opportunity & freedom to use my own ideas too, which is very helpful, especially for younger children, whom we need to keep focused through various means.Any question, clarification, concern or advise : I have always had a reply /an answer within couple of hours from the Management team.Lockdowns have not been easy for anyone... but after schools closure, Junior Jam Management have bounced back very efficiently & professionally, whether to understand and help employees’requirements to adjust such unusual situation, or, above all, to provide schools very quickly with “remote teaching” so that the learning keep going in the most “normal” way.Working with JJ also enables to maintain a good life balance : “home-time” for pupils is also my “home-time” which means I can go back to my family at reasonable hours... :)

Pros

Detailed lesson plans provided so any preparation for sessions is very straight forward and fun!

Cons

No mileage compensation for MFL staff, so if you are lucky to have various schools in different locations, it is a cost in petrol.

Great workplace with progression opportunities

I started working for Junior Jam as a music instructor, and I absolutely love that I was able to teach a subject that I really enjoy and am passionate about. I was worried about equipment, but the company actually gives you all the instruments and equipment, and if anything breaks you just let the office know and they just send you a new one.I was given a pay rise after 3 months of teaching here, and I have now progressed from being a member of the teaching staff to a junior manager. This means being responsible for a larger area, which can mean some long drives. Saying this, the office atmosphere is relaxed and i get paid for my mileage anyway! This started as a part time job, so I am very thankful I’ve been able to progress the way I have in such a short time. Overall, I really like working for Junior Jam, and I think its perfect for anyone just out of university who wants to get into teaching.

Pros

Work/Life balance, Benefits

Cons

Long drives as a manager

Supportive & Fantastic!

I have been working with Junior Jam since April 2019 and can hands down say that it is the best Company I have ever worked for! All the management staff are so supportive and at the end of the phone should you need them. The schools are brilliant and there is good communication between them and Junior Jam.Great salary and benefits throughout the contract. I cannot fault them! The lesson that we do are fun and exciting for all students! I teach Music and Drama. So far I have been supplied with African Drums, Keyboards, Boomwhackers, the list goes on!! I look forward to renewing many more contracts with Junior Jam in the Future!

Pros

Great Salary, Lesson Plans, Supportive Company

Jobs at Junior Jam