Just Digital

Just Digital Employee Reviews

Only good for first job

When I first started at Just Digital, I really liked it there. Lots of staff social events and felt like a close family group. As it grew, this aspect was completely lost as there were just too many staff.Management are very strict and have a lot of petty rules (e.g not allowed phones on desks, get told off for being a few minutes late and not doing things in a way that the manager wants). Most managers are just people that have been there a while who have been promoted and have no skills or knowledge in how to actually manage a team well or deal with people. Staff turnover is incredibly high. If you work in the artwork department then your day will be extremely monotonous. Unless someone leaves, there won’t be any opportunities for career progression. I would say overall it’s probably a good place to work if you’re a young person just starting your career but if you are more experienced then management would probably annoy you.

Pros

Nice modern building with big break room

Cons

Poor management, no career progression

Nice work environment.

Lovely first job, the work is very rewarding, and the team is very friendly.Training was thorough and you continue learning as you work. The training team were very patient and willing to help.

Pros

Nice team

Cons

Busy

Awful workplace, absolute shambles with vile staff

By far the worst place I’ve ever worked at. Horrible working environment where the staff are very sneaky and backstabbing and will exclude you from events. The staff are all very unfriendly and unwelcoming and there is a clique. They mislead you on the job adverts by saying full training will be given yet absolutely none is provided.You are doing yourself a disservice by working here as this isn’t a friendly or an accommodating company to join. Why anyone would contemplate working here perplexes me as there is nothing good about working at just digital at all. I wish there was an option to leave no stars as a review as just digital is a completely unpleasant place to work. I strongly advise anyone looking for a new role to look elsewhere and join a company that knows how to treat there staff right.

Pros

Leaving and finding a better job

Cons

Bad management, very clique-y company

This company will make everything feel very positive on the surface and probably live up to this for the first week. However, after this, the poor management begins to show their true colours and it becomes ever more clear that if you aren’t accepted, you will be bullied out. Every department is has their own very niche clique, and if you are not accepted into it then you won’t be given a chance within Just Digital. Management have extremely strict rules which they seem to follow based entirely off their mood that day. If they have a bad day, they will take it out on you. There is no opportunity for progression because management offers positions to those they are already friends with. There is very little direction to those at the bottom, it is not a welcoming or happy place to work. On top of this, they have unrealistic expectations of new starters and if you do not meet these expectations within the first couple of weeks, they will throw the book at you. So much is expected of you with very little return.

Pros

Very little

Cons

Management, clique-y, if you doesn’t fit in you won’t be accepted

Fast-paced and Sociable

its fairly fast-paced. You're constantly working on jobs and taking more to work up to your daily average target. 30 minute lunch. Training team are brilliant to get you accustomed to the job in your first few months. Management can be supportive. The hardest part for me is sitting in the middle of a busy loud office. I cannot focus when there's a lot of noise and there's no compromise for this problem (no quiet area to work or regulation over unnecessary chattiness). the most enjoyable part is receiving nice feedback from clients for doing a good job. I don't feel there's much progression in the company.

Awful

Terrible company, management is too young to understand how to successfully manage. Wages are horrendous, as is the holiday entitlement. There's so much gossiping and back stabbing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Digital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3