Just Eat
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Just Eat Employee Reviews

United Kingdom235 reviews

Great place to work, full of opportunity!

Featured review

Just Eat selected this as a representative review
Just Eat has been a great place to further your career. It's full of hard-working, friendly individuals who create an inspiring and lively culture here at the office headquarters. The offices look great, and there is always a 'buzz' about the place. It is a fast-paced company, often with a lot of change but this keeps things exciting in my opinion. No day is the same! They really do invest a lot in career development, and the perks are great too. Haven't a bad word to say about the place!

Was a fun place to work until they went public on stock market

Just Eat was a great place to work back in the day when they were a medium start up. As they grew they hired more high profile management who unfortunately did not fit in with JE culture and very quickly got the sac. I believe they went through around 3 CEOs in about 18 months. Whilst the team around you is pretty good, your hands are tied by management and red tape, so even though they promote free speech without judgment, very soon you will find out that this is not the case and everything you do or say will go against you. With the current culture people seem really two faced and backstabbing. I believe they lost huge amount of really good staff that helped JE grow to the level it is through these underhanded practises and people either left or got the sac.

Pros

Was a great company back in the day

Cons

New culture is more focused on money then people

Insights into Just Eat

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Good job overall but it has it's moments.

Enjoyable at time's but it can get quite stressful in the rush hour, And if they send you to the wrong address. But overall it's a good job.

Self employed freedom

Work is good. Provide you with freedom and be your own boss. Rates varies. Can be sometimes low per delivery or high. It can be a good extra income on the side but you can't rely on it as full time job

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Low pay rates

Good but dispos can be a little annoying

Good place to work, dispos can be a little annoying and they tell you to go places outside your signed zone.Also if you have any issues, the chat is super slow.

Good place

It is a decent job to work for just eat but restaurants make it so hard for drivers.Long waits and rude staff are things that you have to deal everytime.

You need to get double shifts

Should share the order more and get on top of people who are use the shift grabber I use to get a lot double shifts but now I can’t get more shifts because loads driver are use a thing called shift grabber they should be banned

Good part time job

Flexible, good earning if you live close to a McDonalds or KFC. Busier over the weekends. Although there are many drivers now it is still possible to earn a decent wage.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Too many drivers

Deliver food from restaurants

Not so good now we are in a living crisis situation. Petrol costs, business insurance and car maintenance does not leave you with much at the end of the week. There are too many drivers chasing to few orders. Hard to earn £10.00 an hour these days.

I worked as a courier for almost 3 year. One day they banned me without explanation

I was given no explanation and no chance to try to find out what happened. Just keep this in mind when you want to work with Just Eat. Also, you never get reimbursed for the time you waste waiting in the restaurant for an order. They say they do but that is almost never the case.

Was good paid

Just eat it was good paid but now decrease the price for per delivery. Good thinks you can get money when you wait in the restaurant as a reimbursement.

Good entry level roles

Good entry level roles with good opportunities to develop.They believe in training and developing internally.Good benefits but pay is a little lacking

Working Hour

The main problem that Just Eat has is that they can't insure the working hour.At the interview or the induction session they will say that you will get the hours that you want, you just need to give the availability but after starting the work you will see they are not assigning any hour for couple of monthes, you need to book your own shifts but it is also not available all the time.

Flexible

Perfect for those looking for time off or a work life balance. Gets you going and when it's busy that's when its fun other than that a lot of the time your sitting around waiting for a run.

Horrible place to work

Please do not work here it’s not worth it people at the hub are extremely rude they expect you to do deliveries on bikes that the breaks don’t even work properly the phone holder is a joke your phone will get ruined in the rain very risky job can get injuries real quick

Flexible and fun

I have worked here for over 6 months now on scoober and it's very enjoyable and a range of shifts are available. As you are guaranteed pay it doesn't matter how many orders you complete as you will still be paid the same amount per hour and plenty of bonuses are available to bum up your earnings to make more cash and a range of promotions are available for the right people like captain.

Okay Work BUT, With Issues

Overall, I worked for Just Eat as a courier rider for around 3 months. It wasn't hard work and availability was there (In Birmingham anyway). Sadly, that's where the good news ends! Being a moped rider traveling through Birmingham at 30 mph, pot holes everywhere and drivers who have no idea how to drive safely, made it dangerous. Moped riders were not given amble safety equipment i.e padded jackets and proper motorcycle gloves, only a helmet and a winter style jacket, although warm, wouldn't protect you should you get knocked off. I constantly had issues being out the road with car users, tailgating me, because they are limited to 30 mph, Just Eat made no efforts to make other road users aware of this i.e limited to 30 mph sticker! Dispo (dispatch), were often rude in the way they chatted to riders and, should you be given a job close to your finishing time (within 10 minutes of finishing), you'd be forced to complete it even if it took you into overtime, this often happened to me even after being out for 8 hours. It's advertised as per hour wages BUT A BIG WARNING! It's more like paid per minute, if you start your shift even 1 minute after, they will dock your wages, make sure to keep the Scoober app running until the very end of shift, even if you get back to the hub, clean everything then turn it off, regardless what they say, as you'll be docked wages for finishing even a couple mins earlier. Overall, I was very disappointed at the end, I'd worked very hard and felt very undervalued, burnt out quick with next to no support or any real resolve to any issues I raised. I quit -

Relaxed & Simple Job

Working at Just Eat has been a really relaxed experience for me. I started working there last summer & haven't thought about leaving once. I've been working this job since last summer on top of doing my final year of a university degree & it's been the perfect job. You can get a good amount of hours on a part-time contract & switching to zero hour or full time is fairly simple. They also give you an electric bike to use on shift & even offer you the chance to get your CBT to ride the mopeds free of charge. Great job, definitely recommend.

As others said AVOID

Started great, then quickly seen delivery fees get lower and lower, more and more drivers each week, some already running 2-3 accounts with the shift grabber app..so with demand obviously decreasing due to lockdowns there is more drivers than orders available and if your playing fairly as you should be then you've got no chance of making a living/ or much extra. Doesn't cover your time, rising costs, fuel, insurance, maintenance etc and then theres the added risks, accidents, confrontation....very very long restaurant waits in some cases and when you contact support it will 95% of the time be blamed on driver error (for the record you cant park on top of a restaurant, and we all know how to swipe) so half the time you dont even receive a reimbursement an if your unlucky enough to get a rude customer....its the cherry on top.

Pros

Cons

Many

Underpaid/underworked

Not enough work, put in a schedule of all day/week availability; only receive 1-2 days work. 90% of the time it's 2-4 hours and expect long wait times for jobs.. Around 1-5 jobs in the time frame.

Pros

Cons

Lck of pay and work.

was alright

It was alright pay for what you had to do, however it was difficult to get a shift as they kept hiring more and more people. Would not recomend as a full time job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Eat. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement