Just Eat
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Just Eat Employee Reviews

United Kingdom226 reviews

Great place to work, full of opportunity!

Featured review

Just Eat selected this as a representative review
Just Eat has been a great place to further your career. It's full of hard-working, friendly individuals who create an inspiring and lively culture here at the office headquarters. The offices look great, and there is always a 'buzz' about the place. It is a fast-paced company, often with a lot of change but this keeps things exciting in my opinion. No day is the same! They really do invest a lot in career development, and the perks are great too. Haven't a bad word to say about the place!

Was good paid

Just eat it was good paid but now decrease the price for per delivery. Good thinks you can get money when you wait in the restaurant as a reimbursement.

Insights into Just Eat

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Good entry level roles

Good entry level roles with good opportunities to develop.They believe in training and developing internally.Good benefits but pay is a little lacking

Working Hour

The main problem that Just Eat has is that they can't insure the working hour.At the interview or the induction session they will say that you will get the hours that you want, you just need to give the availability but after starting the work you will see they are not assigning any hour for couple of monthes, you need to book your own shifts but it is also not available all the time.

Flexible

Perfect for those looking for time off or a work life balance. Gets you going and when it's busy that's when its fun other than that a lot of the time your sitting around waiting for a run.

Horrible place to work

Please do not work here it’s not worth it people at the hub are extremely rude they expect you to do deliveries on bikes that the breaks don’t even work properly the phone holder is a joke your phone will get ruined in the rain very risky job can get injuries real quick

Flexible and fun

I have worked here for over 6 months now on scoober and it's very enjoyable and a range of shifts are available. As you are guaranteed pay it doesn't matter how many orders you complete as you will still be paid the same amount per hour and plenty of bonuses are available to bum up your earnings to make more cash and a range of promotions are available for the right people like captain.

Okay Work BUT, With Issues

Overall, I worked for Just Eat as a courier rider for around 3 months. It wasn't hard work and availability was there (In Birmingham anyway). Sadly, that's where the good news ends! Being a moped rider traveling through Birmingham at 30 mph, pot holes everywhere and drivers who have no idea how to drive safely, made it dangerous. Moped riders were not given amble safety equipment i.e padded jackets and proper motorcycle gloves, only a helmet and a winter style jacket, although warm, wouldn't protect you should you get knocked off. I constantly had issues being out the road with car users, tailgating me, because they are limited to 30 mph, Just Eat made no efforts to make other road users aware of this i.e limited to 30 mph sticker! Dispo (dispatch), were often rude in the way they chatted to riders and, should you be given a job close to your finishing time (within 10 minutes of finishing), you'd be forced to complete it even if it took you into overtime, this often happened to me even after being out for 8 hours. It's advertised as per hour wages BUT A BIG WARNING! It's more like paid per minute, if you start your shift even 1 minute after, they will dock your wages, make sure to keep the Scoober app running until the very end of shift, even if you get back to the hub, clean everything then turn it off, regardless what they say, as you'll be docked wages for finishing even a couple mins earlier. Overall, I was very disappointed at the end, I'd worked very hard and felt very undervalued, burnt out quick with next to no support or any real resolve to any issues I raised. I quit -

Relaxed & Simple Job

Working at Just Eat has been a really relaxed experience for me. I started working there last summer & haven't thought about leaving once. I've been working this job since last summer on top of doing my final year of a university degree & it's been the perfect job. You can get a good amount of hours on a part-time contract & switching to zero hour or full time is fairly simple. They also give you an electric bike to use on shift & even offer you the chance to get your CBT to ride the mopeds free of charge. Great job, definitely recommend.

As others said AVOID

Started great, then quickly seen delivery fees get lower and lower, more and more drivers each week, some already running 2-3 accounts with the shift grabber app..so with demand obviously decreasing due to lockdowns there is more drivers than orders available and if your playing fairly as you should be then you've got no chance of making a living/ or much extra. Doesn't cover your time, rising costs, fuel, insurance, maintenance etc and then theres the added risks, accidents, confrontation....very very long restaurant waits in some cases and when you contact support it will 95% of the time be blamed on driver error (for the record you cant park on top of a restaurant, and we all know how to swipe) so half the time you dont even receive a reimbursement an if your unlucky enough to get a rude customer....its the cherry on top.

Pros

Cons

Many

Underpaid/underworked

Not enough work, put in a schedule of all day/week availability; only receive 1-2 days work. 90% of the time it's 2-4 hours and expect long wait times for jobs.. Around 1-5 jobs in the time frame.

Pros

Cons

Lck of pay and work.

was alright

It was alright pay for what you had to do, however it was difficult to get a shift as they kept hiring more and more people. Would not recomend as a full time job

Not worth the stress

They don’t encourage employees to apply for roles or help you in progressing unless your friends with management. So the likelihood of furthering your career within the department is very slim.

Great pay and benefits, definitely requires improvement.

Prior to the restructure of the company, I really enjoyed working here. Management was great, we weren’t micromanaged, but if your stats were the highest at the end of the week prizes would be given. Micromanagement: Now that there has been a company restructure, management is poor. Employees in Device Support and Supply Chain are being micromanaged, speaking of which, the role doesn’t allow your stats to be controlled; it depends on the amount of device breakages or wear and tear that week. I just hope that they understand we are not children, we understand that there is a job to be done, but they’ve taken the passion and drive out of it. I’m more worried about being made redundant or dismissed, despite the fact that I was doing my job. Thankfully, I knew of my employment rights, so I knew to reach out to ACAs if this ever affected my actual employment with the company; it never did. Lack of communication: There is also poor communication amongst management and other departments. For example, there is little to no communication with the software developers, which in a Device Support role is needed, and it took 2 years of me being at the company for software updates to be shared, and when such software updates would come into place. Also, if you try and escalate any issue to another department, they’re very rude about it - despite it literally being their job. Restaurant partners:I was required to work closely with restaurant partners and resolve device issues; restaurant partners are typically quite lovely, until the company would stop communicating or spread misinformation -

Pros

Excellent pay, good amount of annual leave, company benefits, healthcare, gym membership, cycle to work, and company culture.

Cons

Awkward hours and shift patterns, lack of communication in the department with managers and with other departments, micromanagement, hybrid scheme

Got knocked off bike they didn’t care

It’s fun to work for yes but in the long run it will seriously affect your health you’ll have the heavy bag on your back all day and any problems with the bike your pretty much hung out to dry unless you have some basic knowledge of bike maintenance some management is decent but others seem to not care as much but the team captains are excellent they all cater well to you because they were once in the same position as you

Pros

Fun, hot drinks, choose hours

Cons

Back breaking, dangerous

Good work

just eat is very interesting In terms of providing vehicles for people to do deliveries in ad etc.. they supply the good additions of products to deliver the goods

Used to be good

Used to be good but now Just Eat keep taking on drivers to the point there are more of them than orders. App is useless, that combined with the terrible courier support line makes it alot harder than it has to be. I would avoid them at all costs!

Flexible working times and good pay

Pay is good for the job and there is always plenty of extra shifts to pick up. Always bonuses on busy times too.Not much progression to be had. Overall a good job as a part time gig, or full time as well.

https://shiftcatcher.uk/ Stop this app !!!!!

long story short ,have start work for just eat 1 year ago and it was plenty shifts and open runs ,happy days . but then all changed dramatically,you only get 3 or 4 shifts in weekly, because is to many drivers , then if you want get more you need catch open run which is use to be very easy but now people got this app which cost weekly £15 to have it and all what it does is cash shift for you automatically, so people like me don`t have chance to get extra shifts ,you always see same people working day by day, greedy people and just eat promised stop this but never did probably they get cut from that app !!!. app is called https://shiftcatcher.uk/ so yuo all can try it . THIS IS TO JUST EAT IF YOU LISTEN DO SOMETHING PEOPLE LOVE WORK FOR YOU AND I DO DON`T LET THOSE GREEDY PEOPLE TAKE IT OVER FIX THIS MAKE IT FAIR TO ALL OF US .

Competitivefavours new drivers

Best delivery company to work for as the pay to and from restaurant. Assists with cost of fuel and millage on your car.Downside can be a bit more waiting at restaurants,but at least a bit of waiting time is paid unlike the two other companies.

Pros

Pay to and from restaurant Pay some waiting time.

Cons

Can be hanging about restaurant and car parks for your next order, Short shift pattern, spending time swiping app for more shifts(but is getting better)

Not good

Too many drivers, not enough shifts. People hacking the system, with multiple accounts, does not fairly distribute work load, some drivers making 10 an hour some make less than 4 an hour. If your at home and have no desire to work then maybe you can do a few hours here and there. There's no concept of full time or part time. Some days you will not get even 3 hours to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Eat. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement