Just Eat
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Just Eat Employee Reviews

Featured review
Just Eat selected this as a representative review
Just Eat has been a great place to further your career. It's full of hard-working, friendly individuals who create an inspiring and lively culture here at the office headquarters. The offices look great, and there is always a 'buzz' about the place. It is a fast-paced company, often with a lot of change but this keeps things exciting in my opinion. No day is the same! They really do invest a lot in career development, and the perks are great too. Haven't a bad word to say about the place!
Hard to get a shift as they keep employing new drivers. They employ drivers from out of the area so people living in the area find it hard to get work. Workload not shared equally.
Pros
Your own boss
Cons
Too many employees
I joined as an employed courier. (That's one of the new Just Eat courier deals.)Easy sign up process: apply online, got a phone call to check details, background check with Randstad, and then induction and first shift. No tough questions.Every week I set my own schedule (before midnight Tuesday) by providing my availability for the following week (Monday to Sunday) and they confirm my shifts by the weekend (Friday)E-bike provided on shift with great support from the Oval Hub. When you arrive for your shift, you check in at the reception desk, stow your stuff in a locker, and select an e-bike and delivery backpack, and head out on deliveries using the Scoober App. I have support by instant chat in the app, and back up phone numbers for the hub. The work is well paced, and you only have to one delivery at a time. The team at the hub are very friendly, and eager to help. The hardest part of the job is dealing with bad weather. The best part of the job is setting my own availability around my existing life, and work. I get paid weekly. I get paid per hour £10.20 plus bonus. Bonuses are earned when I complete a delivery. for the first 199 deliveries in a month its 25p; and over 200 50p.All my uniform and ebike is provided, so I have no repairs or charge to do my work.
Pros
Weekly pay, flexible shifts, ebike use, hourly pay.
Cons
Bad weather days can be challenging.
Been a self employed courier for Just Eat for 4 months now. Its had its quiet periods but generally am given a couple of shifts a week based on my availability. Can be hit and miss with hours but the more flexible you are the more likely you are to receive more runs. Averages out at about £12 p.h
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes theres only a couple of shifts given
Not guaranteed pay, some shifts you earn nothing, others you can make minimum wage. You have to pay for your own food insurance too and if restaurants are delayed on your order you get hardly any compensation (£1 every 10 full minutes waiting over the allotted time). App issues all the time, customer service is quick to reply but very quick to blame you. If you’re 5 mins + late for a shift you lose all shifts in the next 24 hours also.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Awful pay
Had fun working here. Flexible shifts kind co workers. And also a great way to mingle with lot of people. A lot of places to be explored. The payment is also good.
After an initial honeymoon period where the company offer lots of work things drop off rapidly. Many areas are so overstaffed that you may be lucky to get 4 hours a week. And there is no guarantee of any income during those 4hours. Many shifts can pass without earning anywhere close to minimum wage. There are many hidden performance algorithms in the app, some of these will be disclosed by the support team when asked. But occurrences such as punctures or mechanical issues may not only be expensive to fix but will also earn you a place on a blacklist and limit your earning.
Pros
During peak times you can earn quickly
Cons
too many couriers, comically low wages, You cannot choose when you work, only show your availability for work, ultimately it is up to just eat to choose your hours, you'll often not get any per week
Starts off great, then they keep on employing drivers when there are far too many and all the drivers in my area struggle to pick up deliveries meaning we got paid nothing and have hardly any shifts its a joke do not work here
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
Can hardly work
I like work. Ever day is different. You need driver for long hour for make 100 pounds . But still amazing. But for work with car or motorbike you need insurance for food delivery.
Worked for just eat through the pandemic. Its not meant as a full time job or a forever job but if your looking to boost income and use as a second tool then food delivery is perfect! Left to own device and get on with it!
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Long hours to make decent wage
Nice work to do part time as your the boss and don't get told what to do. However some times pay can be poor due to shortage of work or they reduce your pay according to your ratings. The good thing is I find it safer to drive in Chelmsford then London
Pros
Flexible and opportunity to make side income
Cons
Not enough money to cover expenses
No guarantee of hrs, money keeps dropping, yo many drivers, support is not good, have to be on app all the time to pick up extra work, if you question them you get get less, company needs looking into as its a farce, 3 hrs runs, spend more time in queue than delivering, waiting time payment is poor, sometimes nothing, working for nothing at times,others minimum wage, before insurance and fuel, everyone of the drivers are not happy
Pros
Cons
Everything changes like the wind
It was great for the first few months, but I guess when people started losing jobs they started at Just Eat. The first 2 months I was making 30-60 a week working as many hours as I could. However I have managed to have 1 shift since mid-November. I assume a lot of people were saving for Christmas.Deliveries between £4.50-12 per delivery.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No way near enough hours
Regular shifts, flexible and with earning potential when you need it.The deliveries can come thick and fast with your own intuition to earn more and more.Opportunity at any day and time.
Pros
Performance related pay
Cons
Waiting to collect orders
I have been working for the company for about a month now. The pay is good when you get work and they pay you on time so far. You have to be on your phone day and night to get any runs to work and then it’s only 4 hours a day. You contact the management online and receive the same template email over again about availability and work. Had an issue once and spent 45/50 minutes on the phone and still on one answered it. The company does not care about its drivers as their is no management infrastructure if you need help or advise. Overall I would say the pay is good but you have to spend all your free time trying to get work from the app. Support is zero and you have to make your own decisions. Good example was when I came across a driver under the influence of either drink/drugs. I contacted the police and followed the car to the end of my work zone. If I went any further I would have lost out on my fees for the run and told the police operator I can not follow no more. I contacted Just Eat to ask about this policy and never received any response regarding the matter. If you want to waste your days and nights on the app for any runs to come then it’s the best place to work. If not best find something better.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else.
Paid for the bag never got it, can't contact them or have an answer to my emails. Never got any work with them either...It's also very frustrating contacting them as they don't have anyone to answer the calls everything is redirected to the website or the email that they never get back to you.
If you don't want to deliver to the customers you don't have to just drive past their house and click delivered!It's really good working for just eat no background check.You can take all the food you want because you don't pay for it!No one really care except the customers but we don't meet to refund them so it's ok
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Non
Started off great. Getting upto 10 deliveries in my 3-4 hour run. Averaging at £9 a delivery and delivery run pay of £10. This decreased to £5 per delivery run and were lucky to get 2 deliveries in delivery run. Far to many drivers to even do this as a side earner. Definitely not worth it.
Pros
Cons
To many delivery drivers
Good place to work the money goes up and down through out the year when there busy and when there not, you can earn good money if you get a lot of shifts they usually come in 4 hour blocks but you can get like 3 in one day. It’s nice to be paid every Friday, insurance is a scam just tell your provider you want to use your car to do some deliveries in your spare time it’s so much cheaper or even not extra charge
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
To many other drivers now, some using 2/3 phones !
All driver working with 2 app Just eat can’t control rubbish company and very bad driver support you can’t make money with one app Just waste time 👎🏻
Can be a nice little earner, iv made a decent amount of cash so far, downsides are there's not enough hours but that's simple enough to sort by also having an uber eats and deliveroo accounts. This is the most simple job ever
Pros
So simple and can be a good earner, I usually get around £15 - £20 an hour
Cons
Not enough hours, I only get 20 a week so use other delivery companies to make up for that
  1. Employee reviews