JYSK logo
JYSK

JYSK Employee Reviews

More of the same

When I first started, it felt like a family. I really enjoyed working their but now it’s become the same as every other business out there. They treat their employees like cogs in the machine and the focus is on profits profits profits. Under appreciated and undervalued. The hours aren’t bad but can be quite physical.

Pros

Occasional bonus, colleagues are nice

Cons

Physically difficult, management don’t care about employees, little opportunity for advancement unless management like you

Waste of time

Working here was a waste of time, management have no idea what to do and will lie and backstab their why through the day. Don't expect help or understanding from any of them, also tell regional managers as little as possible unless you want your private life out in the open.

Pros

Cons

High turnover of staff, lies lies and more lies

Fantastic company with plenty of opportunities

Great company to work for given plenty of opportunities to prove yourself and progress. Bonus scheme is brilliant. Alot of hard work due to heavy lifting but hard work pays off.

Pros

Chances to progress and bonus scheme

Cons

Hard work due to heavy lifting, if your not used to it

Over promised and dramatically undelivered.

Although there are some lovely people that work for the company, The culture is shocking some store managers would not make it beyond the first few weeks in alot of retail roles but for some reason lazy backstabbers thrive at jysk but only due a quite frankly embarrassing amount of brow nosing and self glorification. Did work in one really good store for training but after that it was consistently bad. I have many years of retail and this was by far the worst avoid at all cost i assure you if you have serious a retail background you will hate this place.

Pros

Non

Workplace

if you last a year ,with this company you have done well.. Truss me. lots of backstabbing, everyday was a stress full day, no support from other store. \yet you put yourself out them.

Pros

Looked forward to your dayoff

Wish I worked somewhere else

The management of jysk UK is terrible have no idea what they are. Doing and expect too much of us I'd never tell a friend ' oh you should look to apply for a job it's amazing' otherwise I'd be lying.

Pros

Bit of bonus

Cons

Long hours and if worked elsewhere for everything I do I'd get paid more that I'm on here

Favouritism is a problem

Dangerous job, the company do not care about safety. Prepared to suck up and make a big deal about doing your job to a basic level, then this is the job for you. Such a fake, toxic culture you feel like you need to show off for them to acknowledge you exist instead of being results focussed. Poorly run logistically, a lot of errors you have to correct manually then get punished for it on KPIs and bonus.

Pros

Bonus scheme has improved

Cons

If you do not suck up you do not exist, Inner circle is toxic and will try to remove you if you aren’t in it

Nice company

I enjoyed working for jysk Grantham Branch however after being with the company for 6 months i realised this was not for me reason for this was days can be very long you can start at 7am and not fin till about 6pm i felt i was not having a family life ,staff and management was very friendly and great to work with but like i said it was just not for me

Pros

Great company great bonuses

Cons

Long days

Dont bother!

If you can brown nose to the point of embarrassment then you will be okay ! If you have a voice and ideas then you wont . It's really is a if your face fits kind of place , no one sticks it out past the probation

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Good atmosphere. Very structured business with lots of rules and regulations. They do expect a lot from you and will throw a lot on information at you at the start.

Pros

Flexi time

Cons

Nowhere to progress in my job

Jobs at JYSK

See more jobs

First week loving the job

i have never worked somewhere where the team is so welcoming to a new member of staff straight from day one having a laugh with the colleagues. cant complain about my role in the store either

Not a place to work

If you have no responsibilities and have no morals and do more than you meant to do everytime without fail, do not get proper training, treated like a number. And a lot of favouritsm on people who seem like they do work but only make tea and chat to staff and customers for long periods of time tten complain they havnt got time to there work. Complete shambles. I say this as i work for a highly respected company.

Good atmosphere. Room to grow and progress. Flexi time. Nice set of people on the whole. Employees are valued up to a point. Work place is nice. Structured and organised.

Pros

Flexi time

Cons

Too many egos

Productive and fun work environment

Really foods team to work with management and sales. You get to meet a lot of people from all cultures. And learn new things. Working here was a great experience and would do it again.

Pros

Good lunch brakes and working hours

Cons

Days off

Do not care about there staff

Old saying ....your only as good as your day before applies. Does not matter how long your with the company. Management work crasy hours and are burnt out.

Pros

Part time staff

Cons

40 to 65 hour weeks, on Salary

Great Career. Hard Work But Rewarding

Store Manager for Doncaster. Great team great store. Lots of hands on hard work. If you like a challenging varied day it's great. Typical day is working in store just like any other employee from working delivery to serving and helping customers. You had a lot of tasks and deadlines to manage but once you have worked there a few months this becomes manageable. Can be long days but you do manage your own Rota. A friendly supportive company who is growing fast.

Pros

Staff discount and growing company

Cons

some stores low staffed, but activley been worked on

Overworked under paid, under staffed

worked for a period as store manager, stores understaffed working 1 on 1 no breaks. average working week 60 plus hours paid for 45. unable to take hours back, constantly covering other stores or at head office. fear culture is strong, do anything wrong on your fired, no t many managers worked there over 2 years, not a good job, no security, over worked under paid, sometimes 6am starts till 9pm at night, no such thing as a day off constantly phoning you, cant take holidays always refused and then you loose your pay. bonus us made more and more difficult to achieve, dont expect to receive any

Pros

every store is same (bad) so other store get how you feel

Cons

lots, under paid long hours, poor head office management

Growing company that is working to improve customer service. I love the people around me. A very exciting place to be. Really enjoying it at the moment.

Pros

Amazing career opportunities, staff discount..

Fantastic Career Prospects

An absolutely fantastic company to work for. The level of support you receive is unreal and it was 100% the best decision I could have made joining JYSK. As for work life balance, the management are very accommodating and try their very best to ensure you have the right balance between the home and work environment. It is fantastic working for a company where you can progress and actually be rewarded for your hard work.

Pros

Excellent team

Cons

Excellent and fun place to work

I have been with Jysk for nearly 6 months now and can honestly say it’s a fab place to work. Some days are tough but that just makes the results feel even better. We work hard not only as a store team but as a whole UK team and everyone appreciates everyone else. No good deed goes unturned and the higher management team are very good at making sure those that go above and beyond are acknowledged. The progression opportunities are amazing and if you want to reach the top you absolutely can and everyone within the company will help you along the way. No two days are the same and i wouldn’t have it any other way.

Pros

excellent progression

Cons

sometimes long hours

Like a second family

Great place to work, loads of events and promotions to keep you on your toes. Can be stressful at times but great salary and staff benefits, great management and the company really loves to help you progress. Best place I've worked Overall the job is fun and exciting and you get to meet some lovely people and everyone looks out for each other

Pros

Great staff benefits and discount

Cons

Lots of heavy lifting and can get stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JYSK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement